Camp Positives

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
QB:

* Palmer, Stanton and Gabbert are off to good starts, by all indications.

RB:

* T.J. Logan has impressed with his breakaway speed.

WR:

* Chad Williams has looked strong, plus has been making blocks on STs.
* Aaron Dobson is looking thus far like a big-time playmaker.
* Brittan Golden is making good catches and being a leader on STs.
* UCFA Larry Clark scored on a superb TD pass from Trevor Knight

TE:

* Ifeanyi Momah making a nice TD catch.

OL:

* Mike Iupati is lighter and playing with renewed commitment -- DJH has been raving about playing beside him.
* DJH has been looking solid at LT.
* Evan Boehm has been having highly competitive battles with Robert Nkemdiche.

DL:

* Robert Nkemdiche looks quick, strong and disruptive.

LB:

* Haason Reddick matched up in coverage versus DJ yesterday and did not give up a reception...and broke up one pass.
* Gabe Martin had an interception and a forced fumble.
* Scooby Wright has been making plays versus the run and the pass.

CB:

* Justin Bethel made two great plays in the end zone yesterday and had an interception earlier in practice.
* Patrick Peterson has been very vocal and energetic -- is trying to raise the intensity.

S:

* Budda Baker had the first interception of camp.
* Tyrann Mathieu is fired up to start hitting.

STs:

* Phil Dawson connected on two FGs of 56 and 57 yards.
* Matt Wile has been booming punts and showing talent kicking FGs.

Early Concerns:

* Injuries to OLB Jarvis Jones, CB Elie Bouke, CB Jumal Rolle, LB Alani Fua, S ironhead Gallon.
* Deep safeties getting beat over the top. Do the Cardinals have a true centerfielder?

Last edited:

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
* Justin Bethel made two great plays in the end zone yesterday and had an interception earlier in practice.

* Injuries to OLB Jarvis Jones, CB Elie Bouke, CB Jumal Rolle, LB Alani Fua, S ironhead Gallon.
* Deep safeties getting beat over the top. Do the Cardinals have a true centerfielder?

- I saw the replay. That was a TD if Smokey could catch. Not remotely a Bethel highlight.

- Disappointed in Jarvis. Was hoping he was a gem. All of them are easy cuts, no big deal.

- No, we dont. Its why I wanted Hooker in the draft. But to be fair, we've never really had a true center fielder. Our last one was maybe Rolle or Rhodes. We've gotten by fine.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
* Mike Iupati is lighter and playing with renewed commitment -- DJH has been raving about playing beside him.

A couple months ago, I turned the tv on and they were showing the San Fran / Raven Super Bowl. I only watched a few plays, but man Iupati was unbelievably dominant in that game. I couldn't believe how agile he was, getting out in front of every play, completely blowing people up. I remember thinking, if he could lose 30 or 40 lbs, he might be able to get back to 85% of what he was and salvage the last part of his career. So I was happy when I saw him in OTAs and he was noticably thinner.

* Tyrann Mathieu is fired up to start hitting.

Yeah, he's all over the place.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Love to hear that about Dobson. Talk about a guy with a ton of potential that for whatever reason hasn't been able to get it to click all at once.

We have too many WRs!

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
Love to hear that about Dobson. Talk about a guy with a ton of potential that for whatever reason hasn't been able to get it to click all at once.

We have too many WRs!

In New England, Dobson played pretty well, it's just that WRs are 4th fiddle in that offense after they feed the majority of their passes to their TEs, slot guys and RBs.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In New England, Dobson played pretty well, it's just that WRs are 4th fiddle in that offense after they feed the majority of their passes to their TEs, slot guys and RBs.

For some reason I remember him having a ration of drops one year, may have been his rookie year. I had high hopes for the guy after seeing him in some games he played when he was at Marshall. (Side note: I have a weird obsession with Marshall, I drafted Chad Pennington several years in a row thinking "this is going to be his huge breakout year!)

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
Aaron Dobson

Career 3 years with Patriots

81(long)
4 (all in his rookie season)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach