Calling on "Jake the Fake" posters

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ouchie-Z-Clown
you don't think that favre's had good wrs? what about robert brooks? what about (wth is the guys name - can't believe i'm blanking - caught the ball on his back two seasons ago)? he's had good receivers. sharpe was the only great one, but he's had other very good receivers.

Please. Brooks had one good year in '95. Freeman coudn't even beat out the amazing Todd Pinkston and James Thrash lest year in Philly.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Northern Card
Deductive reasoning or arguing "ad absurdum".... It's still a matter of interpretation, as neither you - Russ or me, actually know.

Wasn't Indy favoured in last nights game? Using "deductive" reasoning, one would conclude that a) Jake would play poorly against a fairly good defense and (b) as a result, Denver would lose.

Who has a better defense San Diego or New England? Detroit or Baltimore?

Why?

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I meant just developing our QB's... I don't think we're that good at it. All three of those QB's had to develop and I think their coaches did a pretty good job of it. I don't know if we would have.

Bobcat

Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296
Denver capitalizes on Jake's strengths, something that ever single flipping OC here failed to do, sans Jamison.

He is not a prototypical drop back passer. Almost all of his throws are low, making the receiver dive down, or high & to the side, where only the WR can grab it. He is very efficient in this scheme. He rarely hits a WR in stride. Every WR is stopped when he catches the ball. I think this is by design. And I think it is a very good strategy for him.

He does well in the dink and dunk offense and his line gives him the time to make 2 quick reads and sometimes a 3rd.

What game were you watching last night??? He hit his recievers on the run, placed the ball where only the reciever could catch it even on the interception. He just doesn't dink and dunk, his yards per pass is alot better than most of the other QB'S you like.

You just won't admit that you have been wrong about Jake. His team Loves him, and so does his coaches.

Ok JFK296, I will admit that I cannot spell very well, and now it is your turn to admit that you have been wrong about Jake!!!

Let's now see who is the bigger man!!!

Allan

:wave: :thumbup:

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bobcat
You just won't admit that you have been wrong about Jake. His team Loves him, and so does his coaches.

And therein, Bobcat, lies the rub. None of the Anti-Plummer League will admit that may have been wrong about Jake. It's not just jkf296, it's the whole lot of 'em!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith
I agree with that statement.

That said, doesn't it bother you that Jake never once attended offseason workouts as a Card and then did as a Bronco? Doesn't it bother you that Jurecki tells us jake rarely watched film as a Cardinal yet we keep hearing about his long hours watching film as a Bronco?

In other words isn't it possible that Jake got comfortable losing and wasn't putting in the effort necessary to get better? IT took going to Denver for Jake to learn what it took to improve, a lot of that is on the cards, and a lot of it is on Jake himself. You really think in 6 years here nobody ever told him to look off the safety, run when things were covered, and protect the ball?

Isn't it possible that the atmosphere there demanded he do these things and that he started to fear for his job where he was the starter with zero competition here and we didn't sign Dilfer so that we could make sure Jake wasn't scared for his job?

This is what should be stamped on the gravestone of Dave McGinnis's Arizona coaching tombstone.

Players felt comfortable around him.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think that is one of the reasons too... I think he probably studies a lot more in Denver than he ever did in AZ

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
All of you guys who want to swap spit with Plummer are jumping the gun a bit don't you think? Plummer was brought to Denver to "win" playoff games, which Denver hasn't done since Elway retired.

If the Donkeys lose in the first round again then their season will have been a flop.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What game were you watching last night??? He hit his recievers on the run, placed the ball where only the reciever could catch it even on the interception. He just doesn't dink and dunk, his yards per pass is alot better than most of the other QB'S you like.

Ok JFK296, I will admit that I cannot spell very well, and now it is your turn to admit that you have been wrong about Jake!!!

Let's now see who is the bigger man!!!

Allan

Allan, I don't think I was ever a detractor from Jake. I went to ASU and root for him to do well. However, I did think it was time for him to go. The staff we had here was not good at putting him into situations where he can succeed. Freaking Trestman wanted him to be a pocket passer. UGH!

I am just disappointed that he didn't pan out here. That's all. Would I like to have him on this team and have him do the things that he is doing there. Sure - but our team isn't Denver. And here he was not as successful.

You may be getting somethin wrong from me. I am more down on the current regime and the coaches that he had here more than Plummer.

Allan, why didn't you come out to Payton's for the 49ers game? We had a great time. Vince was even in-line. :)

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Re: Re: Calling on "Jake the Fake" posters

Originally posted by RugbyMuffin
He sucks. He will always suck. And continue to suck

Plus I have been here all year long. I have not been hiding.

Jake Plummer has done multiple STUPID STUPID things in Denver. The only difference is that Portis, Sharpe, and Smith get him out of the doghouse week in and week out.

AND HIS PRESENCE IN DENVER HAS MADE NO DIFFERENCE.

Stupid. Yeah, whoop T Do. Brian Griese looked like an ALL-PRO in Denver.

Hey I know lets have ANOTHER thread about Jake Plummer on this message board :rolleyes:

Jake Plummer was here for 6 years. All I heard for 6 years was that Arizona needs to get guys on the team to be competitive. WELL, THAT IS WHY LASSITER, BOSTON, PLUMMER, CENTERS, ANEAS WILLIAMS, SIMEON RICE, WHERE ALL HERE ...TO F'N WIN!

They didn't and got rightfully fired. Jake the Fake IS NOT a franchise QB. He is a pawn in Denvers gameplan. Jake's job is to play QB, give the ball to his stars, and not be stupid.

I STILL DON'T WANT JAKE. I DON'T THINK HE IS A BIG PART OF THE DENVER OFFENSE. AND I AM TIRED OF HAVEING TO SAY OVER AND OVER AGAIN THAT PLUMMER BLOWS!

:thumbup:

So the next time somebody is looking for anti-plummer statements then go find this post cause I am tired of constantly saying he stinks.

The only thing that stinks is the total BS in Muffins reply.Plummwe did what he had to do in Denver and it worked out.He sure had a better year that Blake.Blake wasn`t even a decent caretaker QB this year.You are entitled to your opinion but i think you are full of crap.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SunCardfan
I think that is one of the reasons too... I think he probably studies a lot more in Denver than he ever did in AZ

Jurecki just stated that same thing right before his show was over today. He said that Kubiak & Shanahan met w/ Jake every day for several hours going over the offense play book during the off season.

He said that he never saw Jake @ Cards HQ during the offseason. I put the blame for this on the staff. They should have strongly suggested to him to do so.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RugbyMuffin
How is Denver? Nothing going on but snow and drinking? Denver is stupid, Colorado is stupid, and the Broncos are stupid.

Why the hatin' on the City of Denver and the State of Colorado?

Have you ever spent any time here? It's heaven on earth, my man. We have more sunny days per year then San Diego and we still manage to get in four distinct seasons, we have the largest mountain range North America 1.5 hours away, we have a major metropolis with a fantastic arts center, a great museum, kick ass night life, five pro sporting teams (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Lacrosse), and we don't have to put up with East Coast attitude or West Coast snobs.

The only down side is Denver is chock-full of Bronco fans.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pariah
Why the hatin' on the City of Denver and the State of Colorado?

Have you ever spent any time here? It's heaven on earth, my man. We have more sunny days per year then San Diego and we still manage to get in four distinct seasons, we have the largest mountain range North America 1.5 hours away, we have a major metropolis with a fantastic arts center, a great museum, kick ass night life, five pro sporting teams (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Lacrosse), and we don't have to put up with East Coast attitude or West Coast snobs.

The only down side is Denver is chock-full of Bronco fans.

My biggest problem with Denver is that it is marketed as "the Mile High City", which it technically is, but they want you to think that it is up in the Rocky Mountains or something. Wrong! Denver is in a "desert". It's just in a high, cold desert.

It's false advertising. :wave:

pinnacle

Reaction score
jfk: remember in the offseason when Jake went to Denver and started spouting off about how he could not wait until he could get in there and start working all of the time in the offseason? Someone with the Cardinals was on the radio a few weeks later (not sure if it was graves or who said it)and said something to the effect that: we have the same facilities, training, etc. available to players - but some players (i.e. Jake) have chosen not to participate...

Jake stayed away from offseason stuff alot when he was in AZ (from what I understand) - although he lived here and was in town..he goes to Denver - and immediately changes his attitude..

Yea..cannot compare the teachers/coaches...but sounds like someone had an attitude adjustment. I guess in defense of Jake..perhaps he thought going in to be trained by a member of the Cardinals staff was a waste of time in the offseason.but then again - jeep Chryst was brought back because of his early success with jake - so you would have to think that Jake was in favor of that..

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah I remember that.

kind of frustrating.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What game were you watching last night??? He hit his recievers on the run, placed the ball where only the reciever could catch it even on the interception.
Allan

how in the world can a ball placed so only the receiver can catch it end up being intercepted and returned for a TD?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinal Bob
And therein, Bobcat, lies the rub. None of the Anti-Plummer League will admit that may have been wrong about Jake. It's not just jkf296, it's the whole lot of 'em!

So if I ask you to call heads or tails 7 times, and 6 of those times you're wrong, that means you were right about the coin overall?

This is the first year in his career where he'll finish in the top 10 in passer rating.

A lot of people (including Shanahan) thought Griese was for real after his great year in his 2nd year as the Bronco starter. It remains to be seen if Jake is for not. He's clearly improved in Denver, that's all we know so far.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jurecki just stated that same thing right before his show was over today. He said that Kubiak & Shanahan met w/ Jake every day for several hours going over the offense play book during the off season.

He said that he never saw Jake @ Cards HQ during the offseason. I put the blame for this on the staff. They should have strongly suggested to him to do so.

So a 4 year 29.7 million contract isn't enough they have to require him to be there? That's the norm in the NFL, it took 6 years of failure for Jake before he apparently finally decided he needed to put in the extra effort.

Yes some of that is the fault of the coaches, but some of it is on Jake too, it's not like he would have been refused if he'd wanted to make that effort, he just apparently chose not to.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renz
My biggest problem with Denver is that it is marketed as "the Mile High City", which it technically is, but they want you to think that it is up in the Rocky Mountains or something. Wrong! Denver is in a "desert". It's just in a high, cold desert.

It's false advertising. :wave:

First off, I can't believe I have to defend the city of Denver.

Second, as you pointed out, the city IS at 5280 feet of elevation from sealevel (I'm currently sitting at about 5230, only a block or so from the step in front of the capital that has an exact 5280 marker). So, I don't see how the moniker "Mile High City" is misleading.

Thirdly, just because you claim Denver is in a desert doesn't make it so. A desert is defined by 10 inches of precipitation or less per year. I don't know what Denver's average precip is, but we get more then that in some months.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The real irony is all the years of saying Jake's problems were due to playing from behind so much. and yet in his best year ever in the NFL you get the following numbers

when ahead 6 TD 5 int rating of 82.5
when behind 3 to 0 int rating of 100.6
when tied 6 td 2 int rating of 101.6

More than half his attempts are when ahead this year too so it's not like the number is just from low attempts.

Jake is playing better because he's on a better team with a better coach, things we didn't have here and wouldn't have had for him had he been here this year. Jake surrounded by good players has done quite well, but he was never able to make the team around him better when he was here. When you're paid as much as he was, you're expected to do that, even if it means attending offseason workouts and studying film now and then.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And while I'm on a roll, it's ironic if you look at the split stat numbers off ESPN, the 2 things that have lead to the most success for Jake in Denver appear to be completely counter to what everyone wanted when he was here.

jake has 7 TD's 0 ints and a rating of 107.3 with 0 or 1 WR on the field. Jake has 8 td 0 INT and a rating of 126.7 with the backs split.

When he was here everyone wanted to go 3 wides, roll him out all the time, one RB etc etc. What is apparent in Denver is he's most effective with basically a running formation where there's only 1-2 options to read. The more WR's you put on the field, the more reads he has to make, and the more his numbers go down.

Wonder why he looked so good last night, because they were in 2 or 3 TE formations most of the night.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pariah
First off, I can't believe I have to defend the city of Denver.

Second, as you pointed out, the city IS at 5280 feet of elevation from sealevel (I'm currently sitting at about 5230, only a block or so from the step in front of the capital that has an exact 5280 marker). So, I don't see how the moniker "Mile High City" is misleading.

Thirdly, just because you claim Denver is in a desert doesn't make it so. A desert is defined by 10 inches of precipitation or less per year. I don't know what Denver's average precip is, but we get more then that in some months.

The entire west is basically a desert, except for coastal regions.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith
When he was here everyone wanted to go 3 wides, roll him out all the time, one RB etc etc. What is apparent in Denver is he's most effective with basically a running formation where there's only 1-2 options to read. The more WR's you put on the field, the more reads he has to make, and the more his numbers go down.

Wonder why he looked so good last night, because they were in 2 or 3 TE formations most of the night.

hence my post from before:

He does well in the dink and dunk offense and his line gives him the time to make 2 quick reads and sometimes a 3rd.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard