Calling on "Jake the Fake" posters

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Where have all the firm believers that JAKE PLUMMER was a fake gone?

Love to hear them tell-one-and-all that his presence in Denver has made no real difference.

Explain, why (if Jake is so inconsequential) they were 1-3 when he was out.

Why they thumped Indy last night without Clinton Portis...etc. etc... :D

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
When Jake does good, it's the coaching and Denver's blocking schemes. When he does bad, it because he sucks. :confused:

Try and keep up. :D

seesred

Reaction score
Glad to see Jake back in the playoffs. Many of us knew that he needed a change because we try to make him something he wasn';t. He has always been very exciting to watch and looking at the Denver game yesterday it reminded me of what we wasted. He llooked like 1998. He was in charge and running and throwing. We lost Jake in 1999 when things changed drastically, the lose of Centers, Brown and Jamier were to much to overcome.

GBR

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver capitalizes on Jake's strengths, something that ever single flipping OC here failed to do, sans Jamison.

He is not a prototypical drop back passer. Almost all of his throws are low, making the receiver dive down, or high & to the side, where only the WR can grab it. He is very efficient in this scheme. He rarely hits a WR in stride. Every WR is stopped when he catches the ball. I think this is by design. And I think it is a very good strategy for him.

He does well in the dink and dunk offense and his line gives him the time to make 2 quick reads and sometimes a 3rd.

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
When we hardly resigned any of the playoff members. That is when it started to go down hill. Ask any player.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'll give him credit. He's having an outstanding year and is playing his guts out.

Of course, my grandmother could run a bootleg or pass the ball with a running game like that. Makes me wonder just how bad of a QB Griese is, and makes me thankful we didn't sign him!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jake is playing in a better system, and that makes him a better QB. He's played better then I thought, but I'm still gald he's gone.

I still think over the long-haul Jake will show is true colors (inaccurate and less-than-stellar arm strength). I guess that makes him "jake the fake" more than ever--he's masking his true self this season.

That said, I've never had anything personally against jake. I just don't want him quarterbacking the cardinals.

OP
OP
N

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stout
I'll give him credit. He's having an outstanding year and is playing his guts out.

Of course, my grandmother could run a bootleg or pass the ball with a running game like that. Makes me wonder just how bad of a QB Griese is, and makes me thankful we didn't sign him!

Let's get your grandma into camp... new coach, new OC... etc... - who knows... it could work...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Northern Card

Love to hear them tell-one-and-all that his presence in Denver has made no real difference.

Ok I'm bored today so bring it on (-:

Jake is having his best year ever, still the numbers aren't all that great if you're familiar with Denver and Shanahan. Griese's first year as a starter 19 TD 4 picks, Brister, Frerotte, Shanahan has a knack for getting one great year out of a QB. The question is can he do it year after year?

Jake against SD(twice) Oak and Det 10 TD passes 1 INT rating over 100 in all 4 games average rating about 120.

Jake in the other y games he started this year.

5 TD passes 6 INT 2 ratings over 100 average rating about 77(note by average rating I just took each game rating, added together, and divided by number of games, I did NOT combine all stats and compute one rating which is the way it SHOULD be done).

So in 4 games against 3 of the weaker pass defenses in the NFL, Jake had 2/3 of his TD passes and only 1 pick, against the rest of the NFL he's pretty much the same guy as he used to be, with slightly less INT's. Because Jake got injured and missed the Raven and Patriot games he had an unusual situation this year where Cleveland at 13th was the highest rated pass defense(completion %) he played against all year.

He has added a big dimension that Griese couldn't with his running, they're clearly a better team with Jake than without him, but he's still not an "elite" QB. He's a bargain this year, a bargain next year, and then they have to decide on his option and what to do with his contract. If the NFL adjusts to Jake with Denver as they did to Brister and Frerotte and Griese it'll be interesting to see if he gets to year 3. I didn't think he would initially, right now I'm inclined to say he will for one reason, even if he struggles next year, he played well enough this year that Shanahan will gamble he's his man in year 3.

Overall I'm amazed at how well Jake has played this year, he is now a bona fide "good" NFL QB, currently only 4 starters in the NFL have a higher passer rating than him(although 5 more are within about 5 points should he falter in Green Bay). His stats are slightly skewed by the schedule he played but he really has become a better player in Denver. If he'd played anywhere near this well as a Card he'd still be here, but he didn't.

I'll be quite happy with Roethlisberger next year the sky is the limit on that kid.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by Broncos26
i have one thing to say.

1) Jake Plummer is the ****ing ****:)

Hey, that's ****ing great. No ****, that's just ****ing terrific. ****ing A I'm ****ing impressed with that ****ing offense.
Congratu **** inglations. No ****, that's ****ing awesome.

OP
OP
N

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Russ - Always enjoy your use (sometimes creative) of stats. But, like cheerleader uniforms... they show alot... but, not all. :D

Having watched most of the Denver games this year, one can't quantify the intangible leadership and its effect on others, when Jake is in there. His team mates evidently believe in him.

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
Re: Re: Calling on "Jake the Fake" posters

Originally posted by Russ Smith
He's a bargain this year, a bargain next year, and then they have to decide on his option and what to do with his contract.

A $13,000,000 bargain, right:thumbup:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

He sucks. He will always suck. And continue to suck

Plus I have been here all year long. I have not been hiding.

Jake Plummer has done multiple STUPID STUPID things in Denver. The only difference is that Portis, Sharpe, and Smith get him out of the doghouse week in and week out.

AND HIS PRESENCE IN DENVER HAS MADE NO DIFFERENCE.

Stupid. Yeah, whoop T Do. Brian Griese looked like an ALL-PRO in Denver.

Hey I know lets have ANOTHER thread about Jake Plummer on this message board :rolleyes:

Jake Plummer was here for 6 years. All I heard for 6 years was that Arizona needs to get guys on the team to be competitive. WELL, THAT IS WHY LASSITER, BOSTON, PLUMMER, CENTERS, ANEAS WILLIAMS, SIMEON RICE, WHERE ALL HERE ...TO F'N WIN!

They didn't and got rightfully fired. Jake the Fake IS NOT a franchise QB. He is a pawn in Denvers gameplan. Jake's job is to play QB, give the ball to his stars, and not be stupid.

I STILL DON'T WANT JAKE. I DON'T THINK HE IS A BIG PART OF THE DENVER OFFENSE. AND I AM TIRED OF HAVEING TO SAY OVER AND OVER AGAIN THAT PLUMMER BLOWS!

:thumbup:

So the next time somebody is looking for anti-plummer statements then go find this post cause I am tired of constantly saying he stinks.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Originally posted by Broncos26
i have one thing to say.

1) Jake Plummer is the ****ing ****:)

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

A Donkey's fan!

Man your team is sickening. I got an idea why doesn't your whole team pronounce themselves franchise players.

You'll never sign all your Free Agents this year, your LB core is depleted, and your QB is Jake Plummer.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Your screwed.

How is Denver? Nothing going on but snow and drinking? Denver is stupid, Colorado is stupid, and the Broncos are stupid.

Stupid Broncos and thier stupid players.

:thumbup:

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see someone didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :)

OP
OP
N

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
Re: Re: Calling on "Jake the Fake" posters

Originally posted by RugbyMuffin

He is a pawn in Denvers gameplan. Jake's job is to play QB, give the ball to his stars, and not be stupid.

Duh! doesn't this cover the job description of every QB since the dawn of football?
:D

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296
I see someone didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :)

That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

AND when he has 24 INT's next year I won't start 62,000 threads
on how pitiful he is.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ - Always enjoy your use (sometimes creative) of stats. But, like cheerleader uniforms... they show alot... but, not all. :D

Having watched most of the Denver games this year, one can't quantify the intangible leadership and its effect on others, when Jake is in there. His team mates evidently believe in him.

What's creative about putting the stats into context? After the first weekend of the season there was a thread on the denver board about how Blake was better than jake, Jeff had 356 yards passing and 3 Td's(with a 4th dropped) against Detroit, Jake had 3 picks and a 21 rating against Cincy. Everyone was saying "yeah but Cincy has a good defense and they were playing a nickel defense to stop Jake, Detroit's pass defense was horrible". And that was true, Detroit's defense made our pass offense look a lot better than it was.

Fact is San Diego has allowed 3 td passes to just about every QB they've played against this year, they have allowed 36 td passes in 15 games, that's why they are going to get the 1st pick in the draft. We think our secondary is horrible but they've given up 8 more TD passes than us! THey have 4 new starters and it shows.
Detroit I already mentioned, and Oakland only 7 teams in the NFL allow a higher % and only 3 teams allow more yards per attempt than the raiders. Jake's 4 biggest games passing wise came against those 4 teams in terms of his TD passes.

He played VERY well last night save the pick for the TD, he played well against KC twice, he has played well in some big games, but the point is because he missed 4 games, 2 of which against the 2 best defenses by FAR on Denver's schedule, his stats are little more impressive than they might otherwise be. He also missed the Steelers a bad pass defense, and the Vikings(who led the NFL in picks this year tied with NE). I'm not saying Jake would be a lousy Qb if he'd played those 4 games I'm just saying his 15-7 TD to INT number would probably not be as good had he played those 4 games.

He's better in Denver than he was here, that's obvious, his caphit is low for 2 years so he's a bargain. Shanahan got a 99 rating 10 TD 3 INT out of Brister his 2nd year in denver, first year playing. Griese led the entire NFL 102.9 rating 19 Td 4 INT. Shanahan has a remarkable ability to sculpt an offense around a QB, the question is can he do it for several years with anybody not named Elway? So far the answer has been no, it'll be fun to watch how it works for jake.

2 weeks in a row the pivotal INT that turns the game around was dropped, he didn't get that in Arizona, as a I said Jake must be living right now.