Bucks @ Suns Thursday game thread 2-10-2022

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton was fantastic last night. He punished the switch. And the team REALLY looked to take advantage of it. No more letting holiday get away covering our bigs in the post!

Cam was a revelation. When he put the ball through his legs and pulled up and canned the 3 I was thinking “if that’s a thing now defensed are in BIG trouble.”

Book has a tough time against this team because there’s literally no one on the bucks squad he can bully. Middleton and holiday are just as big and strong and tough. He just has to be a threat and the rest of the team can do heavy lifting.

Bulls - W
Sixers -W
Bucks - W

That’s quite a run

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did they award Bridges and Crowder each with three points while shooting with one foot slightly on the 3-point line, or was that just me?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton can sky too and shows his value when playing against Giannis.

I so like the pick and roll with Chris Paul.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I think Ayton also learned the value of dunking with force. Giannis got his hand on that alley oop too. But Ayton came with power. Giannis may get his wrist snapped doing that again.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton was fantastic last night. He punished the switch. And the team REALLY looked to take advantage of it. No more letting holiday get away covering our bigs in the post!

Cam was a revelation. When he put the ball through his legs and pulled up and canned the 3 I was thinking “if that’s a thing now defensed are in BIG trouble.”

Book has a tough time against this team because there’s literally no one on the bucks squad he can bully. Middleton and holiday are just as big and strong and tough. He just has to be a threat and the rest of the team can do heavy lifting.

Bulls - W
Sixers -W
Bucks - W

That’s quite a run
Our stable of wings is quite impressive and we are adding Craig to that mix. Honestly, the weak link is probably Crowder and he is not that weak.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Ayton also learned the value of dunking with force. Giannis got his hand on that alley oop too. But Ayton came with power. Giannis may get his wrist snapped doing that again.

I do think playing against Embiid was good preparation.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Loved that photo. Giannis thinking "maybe I won't try that again." As he shakes out his wrist.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Bulls - W
Sixers -W
Bucks - W

That’s quite a run
Book had 2 40 point games in the Finals. However, I think he can attack more and get open shots when we move the ball. Milwaukee isn’t a team to go iso against. We had 35 assists to 8 turnovers last night. Book had 7 assists. He hit that 3 when he had an open look when CP3 found him in the corner at the end of the game. When the jumper isn’t falling, go to the basket.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just realized Giannis only shot 5-14 from the field and 8-14 from the free throw line.

The Suns made him work.

He did have 7 rebounds, 8 assists and a block.

How does he only have 1 foul?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns got 48 points from their three centers (all in double figures) and 13 rebounds.

Phoenix being able play three quality centers provides quite a burden for opponents.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns got 48 points from their three centers (all in double figures) and 13 rebounds.

Phoenix being able play three quality centers provides quite a burden for opponents.
It allows Ayton to play without worrying so much about fouling. Odd thing is that playing tentatively does not seem to help in avoiding fouls.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, I think that’s my one frustration with the game last night, the next level superstar treatment giannis got. I get that he’s going to get calls when you breathe on him when he’s on offense. But for a player that plays full contact football to not really get fouls called on him is silly. I mean the one where we challenged not only did he clearly make contact with Bridges in the back before Bridges ran over the defender, but he clearly had two hands in Bridges’ back and pushed. There was extension. And it was abundantly clear on the replay. How they didn’t reverse that call is just stupid and makes the game somewhat less watchable and less enjoyable.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just realized Giannis only shot 5-14 from the field and 8-14 from the free throw line.

The Suns made him work.

He did have 7 rebounds, 8 assists and a block.

How does he only have 1 foul?
Because the NBA has told the refs not to call fouls on him, even after review.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure I would put Atlanta in the same category. Miami completely dominated us, we just couldn’t get stops against Atlanta, but we were right with them to the end.
And it took Atlanta hitting 20 of 40 threes.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not sure I would put Atlanta in the same category. Miami completely dominated us, we just couldn’t get stops against Atlanta, but we were right with them to the end.
We couldn't get stops against Miami either, that's why Herro and Robinson dominated us. They're 3-point shooting was unstoppable.

He did say "handled the Suns". I'm not sure how in the very least Boston couldn't be included in that.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We couldn't get stops against Miami either, that's why Herro and Robinson dominated us. They're 3-point shooting was unstoppable.

He did say "handled the Suns". I'm not sure how in the very least Boston couldn't be included in that.
Boston was a weird game. We were down 30 at one point and cut it to 11. Book was awful and the trend in our losses is teams get hot from 3. There was no DA in that game too. Miami ran us out of the gym. No one showed up. Miami is the one team in the East I’d be most concerned about because they have guys who can bother our 3 best players and they’re well schooled. However, if we get Cam J and Mikal playing like they are, I feel confident.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It allows Ayton to play without worrying so much about fouling. Odd thing is that playing tentatively does not seem to help in avoiding fouls.

Yeah, I think playing tentative almost begs for fouls to be called. Playing assertive is often rewarded.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And it took Atlanta hitting 20 of 40 threes.

When the Heat last beat the Suns they shot 22-44 from three. There is a lesson to be learned or not.

Some nights teams shoot the lights out and there is not a lot to do about it.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the Heat last beat the Suns they shot 22-44 from three. There is a lesson to be learned or not.

Yup.

Both are hitting at 37.6% for the year - and are the top 2 teams in the league in 3 PT%. So either Suns got them on a hot night, or something the Suns aren't doing is allowing for better shots.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup.

Both are hitting at 37.6% for the year - and are the top 2 teams in the league in 3 PT%. So either Suns got them on a hot night, or something the Suns aren't doing is allowing for better shots.

The Heat were down a lot of players when the Suns played them and their strategy seemed to be to attempt and make a lot of threes and that night they were falling. It was their only chance to win. Phoenix played much better in the 2nd half but the damage was done.

The Suns do like to sag on defense but when playing teams that are hot from three it's wise to mix up the defense. On those nights, small ball might be more effective, at least as a change-up defense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with tweets coming up unavailable?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yeah but some teams it’s fluky. The heat are a great three point shooting team. Are they going to regularly drop 22-44? Of course not. But they’ll pepper us if we leave their shooters wide open.