BK not off to a good start in boston..

pinnacle

Reaction score
Although it is only a few games - I bet the boston fans are not too happy with the Kim trade..I think he has pitched in 3 games and has a era of like 6.50....He will probably improve - but he is not off to a good start..If the boston fans and media get down on him he may have a really hard time.. I do not recall that he was really ever booed much by the fans in arizona..if he keeps up with a 6.50 era he will find out what booing is...

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's too bad - I really hoped Kim would start off with a bang. Hopefully he can pull it together and show Boston why they traded for him.

moviegeekjn

Registered
Reaction score
His first start was good quality, but the two relief appearances and yesterday's bad fifth inning (complete with 3 run homer) ballooned his Red Sox ERA. Still hoping BK will make the adjustment and pitch like he's capable of doing.

unc84steve

Veteran
Reaction score
I haven't looked on the BoSox MLB board, but on more sophisticated ones, BK is still within his honeymoon period. Those fans & the media are still upset with the previous bullpen setup.

With the exception of the Pirates first pitch hackers and the 8-run support, BK hasn't looked that sharp. He's been used to eat some innings in a couple side sessions that gave up a bunch of runs.

Honestly, I'll be interesting to see what happens with BK in Boston. Their pitching coach is away on an illness leave. BK seems more undisciplined with his pitching motion (specifically his follow through leg kicks). The conventional wisdom is that BK's unique delivery style will lose it's effectiveness over time. That makes sense, but many things in baseball that make sense can't be verified.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn