Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Mike was freaking awesome in this last episode. I'm hooked

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Mike was freaking awesome in this last episode. I'm hooked

What an awesome scene at the end of the episode, eh? I had no idea that Jonathan Banks had those acting chops. He expressed the worst fear every father has for their son. It had me in tears.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A great episode. Maybe the best one yet.

Can't believe Chuck is such an a hole to his own brother, the brother's that's been taking care of him while he has stupid issues/illness.

Its sad but it really shows you why Jimmy ends up turning into Saul Goodman....he wants to and deserves to succeed but too many variables around him get in his way.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jimmy and Mike just might do a full time bond in the next episode. The fixer and the conniver.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Chuck twist came out of nowhere. That was a major wow moment. This show is much better than I expected.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Chuck twist came out of nowhere. That was a major wow moment. This show is much better than I expected.

I knew the second he made the late night phone call that Chuck was responsible for what happened, but that did nothing to lessen the agony of that last scene. That betrayal is an AWESOME catalyst that ultimately creates Saul Goodman.

It's crazy... At times I thought the first season was a little slow, but once again Gilligan and crew have done the impossible... A twelve episode origin story. That's insane when it's been this entertaining.

Last edited:

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
...that did nothing to lessen the agony of that last scene.

I made the mistake of checking this thread before I watched the episode. That said, you're absolutely right. Knowing how it ended didn't diminish the power of the final scene. It knocked my doors off!

A twelve episode origin story. That's insane when it's been this entertaining.

This show has emerged from the shadow of being just a spin-off. Anyone who thought this would just be a Breaking Bad cash grab is either a fan of the show on it's own merits now, or they will never like this show.

Best show on television IMHO. I almost kind of hope they pull the plug (a la Firefly) so that there's never a degradation of the quality of the program. I've seen too many shows come out of the gate, like gangbussters, only to fade over time.

What are the odds that Gilligan and crew keep up this level of quality for the entire run of TWO shows?

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
This has been a really great series. Best drama on TV, at the moment, IMHO.

Yeah they have done an amazing job. I'm actually enjoying this more than BB season 1. Probably because I know the character. I don't think it will ever reach BB's level in the later seasons, but they are 100% nailing it so far.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made the mistake of checking this thread before I watched the episode. That said, you're absolutely right. Knowing how it ended didn't diminish the power of the final scene. It knocked my doors off!

This show has emerged from the shadow of being just a spin-off. Anyone who thought this would just be a Breaking Bad cash grab is either a fan of the show on it's own merits now, or they will never like this show.

Best show on television IMHO. I almost kind of hope they pull the plug (a la Firefly) so that there's never a degradation of the quality of the program. I've seen too many shows come out of the gate, like gangbussters, only to fade over time.

What are the odds that Gilligan and crew keep up this level of quality for the entire run of TWO shows?

Odds are probably against them, but I sure as hell wouldn't bet against them at this point. Gilligan and his team are master storytellers.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I knew the second he made the late night phone call that Chuck was responsible for what happened, but that did nothing to lessen the agony of that last scene. That betrayal is an AWESOME catalyst that ultimately creates Saul Goodman.

It's crazy... At times I thought the first season was a little slow, but once again Gilligan and crew have done the impossible... A twelve episode origin story. That's insane when it's been this entertaining.

I actually forgot all about the phone call until the end when Jimmy brought it up.

Chuck is a cruel, cruel man. The whole "I'll talk to him, maybe he'll change his mind" thing was just disgraceful.

Jimmy is actually not a bad lawyer imo, even despite his online law degree.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I kind of figured that it was Chuck right when Jimmy told him about his degree the first time.
What was surprising to me is that Hamlin is probably not that bad guy and would have hired him no problem.

That Chuck is still working against Jimmy is pretty absurd though.

What pisses me off a little bit is that Jimmy is probably once again refusing to take the money that would set him up for independence.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We saw Chuck coming a mile away as well (tons of telegraphing moments for a few episodes now) but I agree with slin, Hamlin probably isn't that bad of a guy. Jimmy has been a dbag to him so there definitely is a bad relationship there, but its all because he's been Chuck's lackey.

Honestly, we expected him to completely steal the case based on the research using his print code, but he wasn't that brutal. Chuck must have had a heart attack seeing Jimmy become a successful criminal lawyer.

This show has defied all expectations for me...was meh about it and now it is must watch TV for me.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saul producer Tom Schnauz on this last epsiode, which he wrote and directed:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/better-call-saul-nacho-returns-785375

There is a whole six-minute teaser that exists that is not shown in this episode. The episode was so over length that instead of death by 1,000 cuts of trying to trim here and there, we decided to lift the entire teaser and make the first scene of Act I the teaser. There's a teaser that shows a very young Jimmy McGill back in the day. He's like nine years old. These actors did such a great job. I'm crossing my fingers that we get to use this teaser for an episode next season and not just make it a DVD extra, which I would feel terrible about.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I didn't think his character was that good and to a degree somewhat implausible. How could an ambulance chasing shyster have so many underworld connections? Anyhoo, gonna skip this one and I have a feeling that it will probably do well at first but after a while Saul's act will start wearing thin on audiences. As entertaining as his character might have been, when given in small doses you can get by but an entire show surrounding the character might get old real fast. We shall see.

Too bad you are missing out on a great series...

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One thing I don't understand is that in the pilot episode, they showed Jimmy living in the woods in the winter with nobody around and then him wearing a disguise and working at some mall or something.

How come we haven't seen what that was all about? Seems like the writers just skipped that entire thing.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I don't understand is that in the pilot episode, they showed Jimmy living in the woods in the winter with nobody around and then him wearing a disguise and working at some mall or something.

How come we haven't seen what that was all about? Seems like the writers just skipped that entire thing.

Isn't that post Breaking Bad.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's modern day Jimmy/Saul hiding under a fake identity after the events of Breaking Bad. The rest of the series has been the origin story of Jimmy/Saul.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Chicago sunroof... Kennedy facing west... Awesome finale.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Great, great finale, consistent with all the other episodes really.

Would have loved to see what would have happened had Jimmy actually went into the court and talked to the firm that wanted to hire him. Seemed like that was the "big break" he'd been waiting for and would have been a great way to stick it to Chuck as well.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Totally forgot that this was the finale. It was also the first "meh" episode for me. Just felt a little different and out of place from the rest of the season for whatever reason.

I also wanted to see Jimmy take the offer and get his big break - THEN come crashing down somehow. Seems like they're rushing to "Saul Goodman" a little.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave