Bethea and Glennon cut.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
i will cop to getting hung up on semantics, but we are saying the same thing

my view is that the $8mm figure isnt relevant -- its the $4mm you note above, the net cap cost of trading Rosen

The bottom line is if Rosen is not on the roster that is $8 million in money against the cap that the team can’t use.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Have to admit I'm surprised about Glennon. I thought he could be a stabilizing force in a shaky off-season, and for what is sure to be, at best, an up-and-down 2019 campaign. A "veteran leader" and all of that. Economical too.

But it was not to be obviously.

Still trusting SK at this point.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
after glennon cut the plan is clear, kingsbury does like mobile qb for his scheme

rosen doesnt have good enough mobility

jump to conclusion

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The bottom line is if Rosen is not on the roster that is $8 million in money against the cap that the team can’t use.

and what? if they take another street lets see how it will work, we have no business regarding cardinals salary, there are well paid professionals for that
if they decide to lose 8 mil pursuing this trade they know what they are doing

they will find other ways to free up some cap

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
after glennon cut the plan is clear, kingsbury does like mobile qb for his scheme

rosen doesnt have good enough mobility

jump to conclusion

He does like mobile QBs, but he also recruited Alan Bowman to run the show at Tech last year. Bowman is like a statue next to Manziel, Mahomes, & Mayfield.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bethea is 35 years old. That's ancient for a DB.

I have no problem with getting younger especially with how many great safeties are on the market this year.

This is where I’m coming from...I love Bethea and his production these last couple of seasons, but odds are his body will break down. I was shocked he stayed as healthy as he did. Wish him the best of luck going forward.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
and what? if they take another street lets see how it will work, we have no business regarding cardinals salary, there are well paid professionals for that
if they decide to lose 8 mil pursuing this trade they know what they are doing

they will find other ways to free up some cap

It’s stupid is what. Rosen will be a better pro than Murray and if we move on from him it will be another in the long line of Cardinal mistakes.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s stupid is what. Rosen will be a better pro than Murray and if we move on from him it will be another in the long line of Cardinal mistakes.

how much are u sure of your statement?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
how much are u sure of your statement?

I am as sure of it as I can be, no 5’ 10” 190lb running QB, who got tackled by his sleeve in college, is going to have a lot of success or longevity in the NFL...every defensive player will have 20+ lbs on him aside from maybe a CB or 2.

Give me the guy who has the requisite size, played for three full years in college and can make every throw without having to scheme to give him passing lanes.

Listen to Pete Prisco’s take on Rosen vs Murray, he is spot on. Baldingers take on Rosen, also spot on. Very few national writers think Rosen is a failure, some may like Murray more but even most of them acknowledge the challenges he will face in the NFL.

People just like the shiny new toy...people thought Tebow was a born winner and would change the game.

Giving up on Rosen will come back to haunt this franchise, mark my words.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
so, let's say the Cardinals DO actually trade Josh... after getting rid of ALL THREE QBs, two signed for big money and 1 drafted in the first round last year, can we officially call that the worst off-season any GM has ever had?
If it happens that way & Murray is a stud it won’t even be talked about if he proves his worth as the #1 pick

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
This is either one of the most elaborate smokescreens of all time or the worst showing your hand of all time.

I still don't buy that we have made our decision, but its basically unanimous throughout the league we are taking Murray #1.

I hope Keim wouldn't be so foolish to make that pick. But I wouldn't put it past him. I know everyone keeps saying let KK have his guy if he wants him but is that really wise? I worry with Murray the offense may get gimmicky and be more college like. With Rosen you almost have to keep it more pro oriented. More of an NFL friendly version of his system if that makes sense.
He is a rookie HC who has never coached in the NFL. Im the leader of the KK hype train, but even I don't want our pick in his hands. Let him have his input but ultimately has to be Keims decision.

But if they do pick Murray as ridiculous as it sounds im ok with keeping both. This way you are sure who the guy is, and one wont come back to haunt your dreams for eternity. If they both end up looking good, well thats a good problem to have. This is the most important pick ever in franchise history and could shape this team for years to come. Dont F it up Keim

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Makes sense, new coach and all that.

Bethea is old, Glennon is on his way to Tampa Bay.....wow, back to Tampa Bay that is.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ha Ha Clinton Dix?
'Splain me what happened with The Badger. Why did we let him leave?

Is there bad blood between Tyrann and the Cardinals?

Is there good blood between Tyrann and BA? Between Tyrann and Betcher? Between Tyrann and the Cardinals?

(Pardon the pun) Does Tyrann care? Or is it just about the money?

Net-Net: Do we have any chance at all of bringing back the Badger?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why? Murray can be the backup to Rosen this upcoming season :)
Or the opposite if KK makes it a fair and open competition. A young guy like Rosen might be resiliant enough to welcome the battle.

May the best dude win (& it's not unrealistic to expect the runner-up to see plenty of action).

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I believe HB felt "disrespected" because we asked him to take a pay cut.

No, there isn't a chance of him coming back to AZ IMO.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

With Bettcher in NY and them just letting Collins walk, I'd look for Badger to visit, at least.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score

Which is ridiculous. We payed him a big contract after he tore his acl. Showed him loyalty and he wasn't living up to his contract at all. He is a shell of himself and they would not want him back. He sucks. Budda is a better version of TM. He then threw the organization under the bus publicly and left on bad terms. He went to play for less money than we offered him in houston. I own a HB jersey. But screw that guy

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glennon getting cut was a guarantee from the minute they hired Kingsbury. If you don’t get that, I really don’t know what to tell you.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I dont get the thoughts that they plan to sign a running QB as the backup....unless you think they are drafting Murray.
Josh is a pocket passer, the offense will be built around him... his backup needs to play the same type of game in order to reduce the changes for the offense in the event Josh goes down.

Hundley makes sense... the kid aint a world beater but he plays in the pocket and sat behind rodgers for a while. not a particularly mobile guy but he can slide around in the pocket a little bit to buy a moment....and he has some history with one of our QB guys.....and will likely be a vet minimum kinda guy in the contract department.