Bethea and Glennon cut.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I looked at the cap savings during the season it said we would save like 4.7M by cutting him this offseason. Now it says only 2.4?? (With like 5.7 dead money)

Remaining $1.25M of 2018 salary + $2.25M of 2019 salary fully guarantee on 3/16/2018

OP
OP
wa52lz

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
package deal for Rosen?
That was the first thing I thought when Washington traded for him, but then figured his the $18 million salary killed it, but he took a salary cut a to $7 million and Denver is paying $3.5 of it. I hope not but Keenum is a KK QB and if they really are going Murray he'd be a better vet QB to have then Glennon

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That was the first thing I thought when Washington traded for him, but then figured his the $18 million salary killed it, but he took a salary cut a to $7 million and Denver is paying $3.5 of it. I hope not but Keenum is a KK QB and if they really are going Murray he'd be a better vet QB to have then Glennon

Why? Murray can be the backup to Rosen this upcoming season :)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Don't we still have Charles Kanoff on the practice squad. Not saying he is a solution but just getting a grasp who our current QBs are right now

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Surprised with Bethea, he played pretty good last season and was the teams Walter Payton award winner. Good veteran leadership. A little surprised by Glennon in that cutting him doesn’t really save much.

So now we have Rosen and Kanoff, need a vet as a back up for sure.

As for safety, do they think Rudy Ford is ready to contribute on defense now?

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score

It would essentially be Kliff following what Andy Reid just did with Alex Smith and Mahomes. Worked out amazingly well for Reid and Mahomes. Keenum is as good of a veteran guy as you could get to help teach Kliff's system to a new QB. Keenum is a friggin master of Kliff's system.

Also Keenum is a great high character guy similar to Alex Smith, a real mentor for a younger guy perhaps. If the younger guy is a bust, you still have a very solid starter in Keenum. And since the system is a perfect fit for Keenum, you could actually get better performance out of Keenum than we've seen from him in other cities around the league (including the great year he had for Minnesota).

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kliff must like Kanoff me thinks.

I also agree this is a leverage move to tell teams we are going to draft Murray and keep Rosen.

Keim would give away his kin just to gain a seventh round draft pick, what are backup QBs!

Keim should be blamed for Cardinals failures but not for lack of trying good or bad.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, let's say the Cardinals DO actually trade Josh... after getting rid of ALL THREE QBs, two signed for big money and 1 drafted in the first round last year, can we officially call that the worst off-season any GM has ever had?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, let's say the Cardinals DO actually trade Josh... after getting rid of ALL THREE QBs, two signed for big money and 1 drafted in the first round last year, can we officially call that the worst off-season any GM has ever had?

That would be an understatement!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I like Keim but that’s pretty damning. And throw in the fact they fired a new HC after one year, it shows a lot of questionable decision making.

Not good.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we draft a safety in the 2nd round to confirm Kyler is the #1 pick.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard