Bethea and Glennon cut.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rosen for Keenum and a 2nd. Keim’s the man!
So we are going to give a low priced 1st round qb to the redskins for a 2nd round pick and Keenum? No frickin way. The redskins are dealing from a desperate position. The only thing they can give us is draft picks. They have a qb they are paying 20 m plus that may never play again. They are stuck with that salary. Their choices? Nick Foles? There’s another 20 mil. Keenum? Okay. Draft a rookie and start him? Okay. But getting Keenum suddenly gives them an upper hand? Tell you what. If the skins want Rosen we want Keenum, an o- lineman, your 1st and your 2nd and a 4th next year...call me if you’re interested... click.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one will give a dam if they turn it around and have a winning season.

and if they don't, a lot of people here STILL won't give a damn for some unknown reason.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and if they don't, a lot of people here STILL won't give a damn for some unknown reason.

Yeah, you are probably right. However, for now, we just need to wait and see what the final roster will look at. It's just the beginning of the new year and the Cards have already made lots of changes. As a season ticket holder, I really hope to see a more exciting team on the field. Also if they flop this year Keim will be out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you are probably right. However, for now, we just need to wait and see what the final roster will look at. It's just the beginning of the new year and the Cards have already made lots of changes. As a season ticket holder, I really hope to see a more exciting team on the field. Also if they flop this year Keim will be out.

i kinda think we're gonna be a train wreck of biblical proportions but I am still REALLY excited to see what happens with the slightest belief that we could be geniuses!

But regardless, totally agree on that last sentence. This season isn't about half-measures. They've already jumped into the deep end... it's totally sink or swim time.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very happy Glennon is gone, can't stand him.

Bethea is old - but he was still pretty good last year. They better have a plan to replace him.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
so, let's say the Cardinals DO actually trade Josh... after getting rid of ALL THREE QBs, two signed for big money and 1 drafted in the first round last year, can we officially call that the worst off-season any GM has ever had?
By far... Bringing Keim back will set us back another five years. Check my screen name Mr. Bidwill!

Reactions: HGC

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
so, let's say the Cardinals DO actually trade Josh... after getting rid of ALL THREE QBs, two signed for big money and 1 drafted in the first round last year, can we officially call that the worst off-season any GM has ever had?
yes

its the org saying "you know that great plan we had last year? never mind."

football karma

Reaction score
man... just think about how insanely rich that guy is (comparatively speaking to most of us)... for just being terrible at his job.

i think he is insanely rich, not just relatively

that being said: being in the top 100 people on the planet in your profession for a few years does tend to pay off

Last edited:

football karma

Reaction score
Wrong again

sorry, im mixing my definitions

its $8mm "dead money" but is offset by $4mm in salary savings

it would "cost" an additional $4mm of cap space to trade Rosen

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i kinda think we're gonna be a train wreck of biblical proportions but I am still REALLY excited to see what happens with the slightest belief that we could be geniuses!

But regardless, totally agree on that last sentence. This season isn't about half-measures. They've already jumped into the deep end... it's totally sink or swim time.

It's the new style of offense.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
sorry, im mixing my definitions

its $8mm "dead money" but is offset by $4mm in salary savings

it would "cost" an additional $4mm of cap space to trade Rosen

Dead money is dead money...$8 million+. It is not being offset by $4 million in salary, you are reading that wrong. Rosen’s cap number this year is $3.9 million, $2.7 million is the pro rated bonus, $570k base salary, $700k a roster bonus. If he gets traded we only save the roster bonus and base salary and the remaining prorated signing bonus gets accelerated to this year, which has a balance of $8.1 million.

If you look at Sportrac it says -$4.1 million cap savings, notice that minus in front of it, it is saying by trading him he costs us $4.1million more than he would if he were kept on the team.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/josh-rosen-25105/

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score

Im pretty sure that happened last season? We can only go up from there!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

come on Street, it's been a solid decade for the Cards, but if anyone knows there's never a bottom on a team, it's us (especially those of us who double as Suns fans).

HGC

All Star
Reaction score

It can be as bad or worse. I know people are optimistic about Kingsbury but he’s a sub .500 coach who got canned from a bottom feeder. No offense DRM08.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
It can be as bad or worse. I know people are optimistic about Kingsbury but he’s a sub .500 coach who got canned from a bottom feeder. No offense DRM08.

No offense taken.

I wouldn't describe Tech as a bottom feeder. We wouldn't have a 56% win percentage all-time if this was the case. Middle of the pack is a pretty good description for the Tech program.

Kliff had one of the worst records of any head coach in school history. Hopefully he learned from some mistakes and will have a lot more success in Arizona.

Reactions: HGC

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
No offense taken.

I wouldn't describe Tech as a bottom feeder. We wouldn't have a 56% win percentage all-time if this was the case. Middle of the pack is a pretty good description for the Tech program.

Kliff had one of the worst records of any head coach in school history. Hopefully he learned from some mistakes and will have a lot more success in Arizona.

Poor choice of words on my part. It’s a bad habit.

football karma

Reaction score
If you look at Sportrac it says -$4.1 million cap savings, notice that minus in front of it,

i will cop to getting hung up on semantics, but we are saying the same thing

my view is that the $8mm figure isnt relevant -- its the $4mm you note above, the net cap cost of trading Rosen