Bethea and Glennon cut.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Glennon getting cut was a guarantee from the minute they hired Kingsbury. If you don’t get that, I really don’t know what to tell you.

Why is that sir? I'm a little embarrassed to say that I don't quite understand.

Is it because Glennon was part of the "old regime"?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I dont get the thoughts that they plan to sign a running QB as the backup....unless you think they are drafting Murray.
Josh is a pocket passer, the offense will be built around him... his backup needs to play the same type of game in order to reduce the changes for the offense in the event Josh goes down.

Hundley makes sense... the kid aint a world beater but he plays in the pocket and sat behind rodgers for a while. not a particularly mobile guy but he can slide around in the pocket a little bit to buy a moment....and he has some history with one of our QB guys.....and will likely be a vet minimum kinda guy in the contract department.
Do you think RG3 or Teddy B would be better backup options? They both played on spread offenses in college...Teddy isn't mobile.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
after glennon cut the plan is clear, kingsbury does like mobile qb for his scheme

rosen doesnt have good enough mobility

jump to conclusion

It's kind of crazy that you're following the cards all the way from Italy man, but pretty cool too.

How in the world did you get to be a Cardina's fan juza76?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Do you think RG3 or Teddy B would be better backup options? They both played on spread offenses in college...Teddy isn't mobile.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I like Teddy. If it were my decision I might select him over the other options. Hundley fits the measurables for Josh better but Teddy fits the play style really well, plus he has more starting experience.
I dont want RGIII. The guy could have been great had he just adjusted his game...but it took major injury to get him to look at changes. That strikes me as a guy who is a slow learner.

Bridgewater might give us the best chance of winning if we actually have to use him. But as someone stated, if our backup plays any major time we are probably screwed anyway.

I think KK and Keim will stay away ffrom Teddy though. The dude is very conservative and IMO they want a guy who will attempt those tight window throws at least 50% of the time. Teddy wont.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why is that sir? I'm a little embarrassed to say that I don't quite understand.

Is it because Glennon was part of the "old regime"?
It’s pretty standard in the NFL that when a new offensive head coach takes over, especially one with a unique system, that he’s going to want to bring in someone (usually the starting or backup QB) with experience in his or a similar system as the backup. Think BA and Stanton. Granted we can all be fooled. I was positive we were going to get Keenum.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It’s pretty standard in the NFL that when a new offensive head coach takes over, especially one with a unique system, that he’s going to want to bring in someone (usually the starting or backup QB) with experience in his or a similar system as the backup. Think BA and Stanton. Granted we can all be fooled. I was positive we were going to get Keenum.

Ah, okay. That does make perfect sense. Thank you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard