Best NFL Pregame Show?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know we all have our favorite. Right now, mine is the pregame show on CBS Sports. It's called "That Other Pregame Show" and it's at the head of the class by a long shot IMO. In fact, it's right up there with my favorite NFL show of all time that used to run on Fox Sports. I think it was called Best Damned Preview Show. Anyway, if you're still stuck watching ESPN, NFLN, CBS or the Fox pregame show check this one out. I still record all of them but it's mostly for fast forwarding to the good stuff, this show is worth watching start to finish.

Steve

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll try that one next week. Today I had to turn them all off, when will they understand that more is not always better? how many people do ESPN and NFLN think is needed, it's gotten ridiculous. Even Berman joked they're going to need a bigger room.

OP
OP
A

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll try that one next week. Today I had to turn them all off, when will they understand that more is not always better? how many people do ESPN and NFLN think is needed, it's gotten ridiculous. Even Berman joked they're going to need a bigger room.

I've gotten so I fast forward through much of them whether preseason or not. Right now, despite recording probably 30 episodes a week, the only NFL shows I watch all the way through are this one, NFC/AFC Playbooks and the NFL Insiders show on ESPN. Actually, I watch Insiders all the way through when Suzy Kolber hosts and delete it when that other lady has the show. I don't know how long "That Other Pregame Show" will be worth watching but right now it works for me. Give it a try.

Steve

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I absolutely cannot watch NFLN pre-game show. Shenanigans, goofy BS, t shirts, hashtags, stupidity. If you cant straight talk football for three hours before the game, shorten the show. The US model of sports viewing sucks.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I don't mind the Fox crew. The absolute best "pregame" is the Football Night in America crew, but that ends up being more like a post game show.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eisen/Irvin ruin NFLN for me. Whenever they're on I switch channels. Even my granddaughter thinks they're childish.

AzSteven...when you wrote you record all the shows, it triggered the thought that I forgot to record todays game before I drove over. Thanks!!

Its a beautiful thing, the DirecTV mobile app. What a country!!!

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Any show not featuring Jay Glazer is OK with me.

OP
OP
A

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although it's not exactly a pre-game show, I also love Colin's New Football Show. It's almost a variety show format covering both college and the NFL (minus the typical music segments) and is pretty entertaining. Even my wife likes the program and she rarely watches any of the sports shows with me.

And I agree with the Football Night in America being the best of the bunch but as mentioned, it's a post game show.

Steve

OP
OP
A

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eisen/Irvin ruin NFLN for me. Whenever they're on I switch channels. Even my granddaughter thinks they're childish.

AzSteven...when you wrote you record all the shows, it triggered the thought that I forgot to record todays game before I drove over. Thanks!!

Its a beautiful thing, the DirecTV mobile app. What a country!!!

Glad I could help even if it was accidentally. Hope your drive lacked excitement.

Steve

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I absolutely cannot watch NFLN pre-game show. Shenanigans, goofy BS, t shirts, hashtags, stupidity. If you cant straight talk football for three hours before the game, shorten the show. The US model of sports viewing sucks.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I don't even watch the NFLN anymore because of Irvin, Sapp & Peion screaming all the time in their segments. :bang:

How anyone at the network, here or the NFL office can tolerate that crap is beyond me!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I know most here trash them because their lack of Cards info, but I still like ESPN the best for game days.

OP
OP
A

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know most here trash them because their lack of Cards info, but I still like ESPN the best for game days.

I'm not an ESPN fan in general but I far prefer their pre-game show over that of the NFL Network. Which is too bad as I was a huge NFLN fan when it first came out. They were such a breath of fresh air as they made an effort to actually talk football (all teams, all players). Now they just talk about the scandals and the QB's or a few glamor players or the handful of important franchises etc. and ignore most of the little stuff they used to focus on. Nowadays, Playbook is the only show they produce that I look forward to.

Steve

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard