Bears Trade #1 Pick to Panthers

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bears taking Carter at 9.

Have to find a way to trade back one slot. Just say no to drafting Anderson at 3.

Man...... Indy need to call us ASAP IMO.

Weird, since you downvoted that exact scenario (along with a brigade of others).

I guess people don't want Anderson and extra picks, just Anderson only. Surprising to me to say the least that's for sure.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Weird, since you downvoted that exact scenario (along with a brigade of others).

I guess people don't want Anderson and extra picks, just Anderson only. Surprising to me to say the least that's for sure.
Everyone wants Anderson and extra picks.

Is it feasible? Maybe.

I don't like the QBs on the board much. I wonder if Ballard is dumb enough to not only draft Levis/Richardson, but to also trade up for the privilege to do so.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

The Cardinals can only control what the Cardinals do, I think a trade going from #3 to #4 is unlikely. Other possible trade partners may arise but sounds like the consensus here is good with taking Anderson at #3, unless of course some sweet deal falls in our lap, that's all man

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Cardinals can only control what the Cardinals do, I think a trade going from #3 to #4 is unlikely. Other possible trade partners may arise but sounds like the consensus here is good with taking Anderson at #3, unless of course some sweet deal falls in our lap, that's all man

Cardinals can control the flow of information. If Colts like someone specific and think we are content with drafting or trading down, then they might pounce, especially if it's not very expensive. But anything extra is gravy.

Monti just needs to find a way. Obviously it takes two to tango, but if they don't think we are trading or fine with either then we don't have a chance at all. This is poker and we'll see how he plays it.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Here's an ESPN write up about the winners and losers...covers a lot. It's behind the paywall, so I'm just showing screenshots of Cards portion. Delete if not allowed.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Legitimately makes no sense.

So they can fail on drafting Caleb/Maye, aka, overachieving & missing out on both of them next year?
It's almost like you are so fixated on the Cards drafting Anderson that no other possibly is available.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's almost like you are so fixated on the Cards drafting Anderson that no other possibly is available.
Honestly it's such a perfect marriage between need and BPA that the only way I consider on missing out on Anderson is for a huge package of picks.

Give me your 1st and 2nd this year plus a 1st next and I'll consider it. I'd probably want a 3rd this year as well.

The only reason I'd consider it is because next year's draft class is probably going to be markedly better. You have Drake Maye, Caleb Williams, John Alt, Harrison Jr, Ebuka, Bowers, and thats just on offense. Every one of those players is better than the best at their position in this year's draft. Bowers is maybe the highest graded TE prospect ever and he is going to be a junior.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly it's such a perfect marriage between need and BPA that the only way I consider on missing out on Anderson is for a huge package of picks.

Give me your 1st and 2nd this year plus a 1st next and I'll consider it. I'd probably want a 3rd this year as well.

The only reason I'd consider it is because next year's draft class is probably going to be markedly better. You have Drake Maye, Caleb Williams, John Alt, Harrison Jr, Ebuka, Bowers, and thats just on offense. Every one of those players is better than the best at their position in this year's draft. Bowers is maybe the highest graded TE prospect ever and he is going to be a junior.
Before Jalen and his fiasco, he was just as worthy of the 3rd round pick.

This team has WAY more needs than an elite pass rusher, so trading down should also be considered.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Texans might even trade with Colts after they sign Jimmy G. Then we are sure QB goes 1-2.
Exactly. Dvontel also sees no possibility that the Texans don't draft a QB.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This team has WAY more needs than an elite pass rusher, so trading down should also be considered.
This team has ZERO PASS RUSHERS. It’s THE most important position on Defense that you can totally build around. And we have WAY more needs than an ELITE one?

I swear, I don’t understand some of you guys so much of the time.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I am totally dumbfounded that the Colts didn't secure a trade with the Bears. Seemed like a must do to me and all I read about their mindset. They must be in luv with one of the lesser 2 qbs is all I can think of, or they have some knowledge of the Texans being in negotiation for someone like Garoppolo. Oh yes, I just thought of it. The Texans are going to offer Brady a lifetime contract.

Don't ever trust the Texans to do anything. I think it is 50/50 at best that they don't take Anderson in front of us. Remember when everyone was positive they were going to take the Heisman trophy winner, Reggie Bush, and took the DE instead.

Can't wait to find out what the Colts were thinking not dealing with the Bears.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Naw man. An elite pass rusher would fix so much of the defenses issues.

You build your team around QB, LT, Edge, CB, WR, C.

The Cardinals do have some of those pieces already. Get an edge and a good center and things start looking up.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I am totally dumbfounded that the Colts didn't secure a trade with the Bears. Seemed like a must do to me and all I read about their mindset. They must be in luv with one of the lesser 2 qbs is all I can think of, or they have some knowledge of the Texans being in negotiation for someone like Garoppolo. Oh yes, I just thought of it. The Texans are going to offer Brady a lifetime contract.

Don't ever trust the Texans to do anything. I think it is 50/50 at best that they don't take Anderson in front of us. Remember when everyone was positive they were going to take the Heisman trophy winner, Reggie Bush, and took the DE instead.

Can't wait to find out what the Colts were thinking not dealing with the Bears.
Ballard is a fairly conservative GM. It might cost him his job soon. He's a pretty darn good GM, but he has been loathe to take a major swing at QB.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team has WAY more needs than an elite pass rusher, so trading down should also be considered
Why do people say this like we’re not allowed to draft players after the first round & EDGE isn’t the most non-QB premium position in the league?

Attention! We’re not only drafting Will Anderson for the 2023 season. We’re dragging him for every season after that as well.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
why would Indy trade up 1 spot for a QB when they know we aren't taking a QB?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose