Bears Current Posture

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is fair. Those of us that watched him at asu probably have more insight than most but are also the most jaded and likely didn’t watch a lot of LSU.
And this might be true as well, but I don't have to believe in him based on everything I've seen.

I watched him lead ASU to an 8-5 record, where at least 2-3 games, it was obvious that Jayden wasn't good enough.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I watched a lot of Daniels and was not impressed. How much of his success is Nabers and Thomas? They had like 2500 yards between the two of them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hmmm... Tbh Ouchie, I don't remember watching even one actual play from Daniels this past year.

But here is his passing stat line from 2023:

CMPATTCMP%YDSAVGTDINTLNGRTG

WOW! That has to be one of the very best CFB seasons by a QB in history!

And he rushed for over 1100 yards and 10TD too! And the heisman trophy winner to boot?

Sorry Chief, perhaps you watched him a lot at ASU where he played like poop, and you may be actually correct his true value is mid-first round, but I'm pretty confident there will be a QB hungry team that convinces themselves he's their answer, and it will probably be either NE or WAS.
You could be right. I’ll be shocked.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You definitely wasn’t until after Keim got relieved. You were on island alone of defending a horrible roster before then. Lets not lie.

BS. Defending the roster is not the same thing as defending Keim. I shouldn't have to explain why.

The general trend here is the X guy is what he is, even though he's been in the league for a year, no chance he's going to improve. Or, that Y guy wasn't great on this other team and will not be any better in a different system that might better suit him.

You and others spent the whole offseason saying this was the worst roster ever and wouldn't win a game. And it finished 3-5 with Kyler back, and should have been 4-4 is not for Prater's missed kick.

So no, defending players/rosters is not the same as defending Keim.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Towards the end of the season, the o-line was undeniably a strength of the team.

It wouldn't surprise me if next year our starting o-line was PJ, EW, DF, WH and KB going from left to right.

And DJ will be back from injury by what? Week 10? They might even go with Beechum at LT until DJ returns. Or maybe PJ at LT and Beechum at RT until DJ is ready to try RT.

Hump ain't going to play next year. Kyler made it back by week 10 after surgery on Dec 3rd.

Hump still hasn't had surgery and it takes much longer for big men to get back.

I don't see any way he plays next season.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
BS. Defending the roster is not the same thing as defending Keim. I shouldn't have to explain why.

The general trend here is the X guy is what he is, even though he's been in the league for a year, no chance he's going to improve. Or, that Y guy wasn't great on this other team and will not be any better in a different system that might better suit him.

You and others spent the whole offseason saying this was the worst roster ever and wouldn't win a game. And it finished 3-5 with Kyler back, and should have been 4-4 is not for Prater's missed kick.

So no, defending players/rosters is not the same as defending Keim.
I recall most everyone predicting 3 or 4 wins - and we were all spot on - infact I don't remember anyone predicting we wouldn't win a game - including DVontel so...

And by the way defending the roster is in essence defending the GM imo

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The GM constructed the roster so in essence he deservedly gets the blame.
Pointless.
You and others spent the whole offseason saying this was the worst roster ever and wouldn't win a game.
You know I didn’t say this. lol, why just blatantly lie like this?

All of us seen you going to bat for Keim & the roster construction. We all have eyes. You don’t have to insult us acting as if we don’t have memory. So, why lie?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Hump ain't going to play next year. Kyler made it back by week 10 after surgery on Dec 3rd.

Hump still hasn't had surgery and it takes much longer for big men to get back.

I don't see any way he plays next season.

Oh wow, okay Britcard thanks. I just assumed DJ had the surgery right away.

So perhaps The Captain's time in ARZ is over.

And I agree I would prefer Beechum not be Plan A for either tackle position for 2024, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if that's how it shakes out.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And this might be true as well, but I don't have to believe in him based on everything I've seen.

I watched him lead ASU to an 8-5 record, where at least 2-3 games, it was obvious that Jayden wasn't good enough.
I haven't watched any Jayden games, but I will say I saw a good amount of Joe Burrow games in college. Burrow was mediocre at best before 2019; a lot can change over the course of a season in college.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I haven't watched any Jayden games, but I will say I saw a good amount of Joe Burrow games in college. Burrow was mediocre at best before 2019; a lot can change over the course of a season in college.
This isn't apples to apples though.

Daniels started for four years before this season. Burrow only started one prior to junior season, his sophomore season.

Burrow didn't take four seasons to git gud. He was probably the best QB in college football history after his first season.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I heard Brock Huard, current announcer for Seattle SHawks, interviewed on Chicago radio recently. Huard said Waldron was not a good choice for Bears because SHawks struggled running the ball this year.
Haha, stupid Bears.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why??? The chances of those picks ever impacting a roster are low. Chances of Marvin Harrison being a top WR are high.
Take Nabor’s or Odunze which you may be able to trade down to get if fixated on WR…Or the top OT…I will hold on to the two day two picks. JMO

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, okay Britcard thanks. I just assumed DJ had the surgery right away.

So perhaps The Captain's time in ARZ is over.

And I agree I would prefer Beechum not be Plan A for either tackle position for 2024, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if that's how it shakes out.

Gannon told reporters that Humphries is dealing with an MCL sprain that needs to "calm down" before undergoing ACL surgery. McManaman notes that it could take a month or two for that to happen, which would significantly delay Humphries's surgery and subsequent recovery. He started in all 15 games he appeared in this season.

Absolutely zero way he plays next year.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gannon told reporters that Humphries is dealing with an MCL sprain that needs to "calm down" before undergoing ACL surgery. McManaman notes that it could take a month or two for that to happen, which would significantly delay Humphries's surgery and subsequent recovery. He started in all 15 games he appeared in this season.

He could be ready by February 9, 2025!

:stick:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Take Nabor’s or Odunze which you may be able to trade down to get if fixated on WR…Or the top OT…I will hold on to the two day two picks. JMO
When you start looking at team needs after the Cardinals...neither Nabers nor Odunze are lasting outside of the top ten. The Chargers, Giants, Bears, and Jets could all really use another receiver. I'd bet the Jets draft OL though. The Chargers need to replace Allen and Mike Williams soon.

I watched Field Yates and Mel Kiper projecting the first round and talking through all the top ten picks by team. It was an interesting exercise because it's probably almost guaranteed that the best receivers are gone. Too much WR need.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The GM constructed the roster so in essence he deservedly gets the blame.

Pointless.

You know I didn’t say this. lol, why just blatantly lie like this?

All of us seen you going to bat for Keim & the roster construction. We all have eyes. You don’t have to insult us acting as if we don’t have memory. So, why lie?

Unadulterated ********. Please find me a quote where I have defended Keim as a GM. Go on. Do it or S T F U.

They were missing their CB1. That's a pretty big loss.

Who are Keim fans? I doubt there is a single person on this board doesn't want Keim gone.

Pretty sure Keim extended Kyler because he knew Mike would extend him in response.

How have I gone to bat for Keim? Keim sucks. I've said numerous times he sucks and should be fired. For the record AGAIN for the mentally challenged KEIM SUCKS.

Saying this roster is good enough to be at least 7-5 and that it isn't because Kyler has sucked is not defending Keim. You just don't understand words.

Whatever gets Keim fired

Mike should fire Keim now and get a head start.

Keim's problem is how he sees the team is vastly disconnected from reality. He always thinks the roster is close to challenging. You have to think that during the BA years Bruce was steering him concerning roster decisions.

When he's had weaker HC's and gone his own way he's been gash.

Your mental gymnastic can really be summed up in these two quotes.

We can want Keim gone, and also not believe that EVERY. SINGLE. THING. is Keim's fault.

Some of the mental gymnastics on here to try put things on Keim is hilarious at times.

Steve keim, who should be fired, as I've said repeatedly.

Here's how this board goes.

Someone: This guy I know who works in the Cards canteen said they saw Steve Keim drinking out of a whisky flask during the draft. He was actually drunk drafting. That's why we drafted Zaven.

Me: That's obviously ridiculous.

Everyone: WHY ARE YOU DEFENDING STEVE KEIM!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tough look for Coach Petzing on that table.

It has Stefanski behind him and he made the playoffs with Joe Flacco and 4 other QB's and no Nick Chubb and has Bobby Slowik #19 with a rookie QB, a taped together O line, and an offensive roster everyone had bottom 3rd.

Garbage table from whoever Steven Patton is with his 1600 followers.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Awesome info thanks Chris!

Such a tough break for us when the o-line was playing pretty well! I hope we move PJ to LT and get a decent Right Tackle in free agency! Maybe use our last 3rd on a T that could possibly also compete for the Right Tackle spot, and would otherwise be good depth (and possibly the RTOTF)! :)

Thanks again and hope your 2024 has started off great man!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Awesome info thanks Chris!

Such a tough break for us when the o-line was playing pretty well! I hope we move PJ to LT and get a decent Right Tackle in free agency! Maybe use our last 3rd on a T that could possibly also compete for the Right Tackle spot, and would otherwise be good depth (and possibly the RTOTF)! :)

Thanks again and hope your 2024 has started off great man!

You have to think Hump is done here. Possibly even done career wise.

If he does get cut (which makes all the sense) having to rehab from a serious knee injury knowing you miss a year and have no team guaranteed is tough at his age.

He's be late 32.5 when he next hits a camp and what will teams want to pay him at that age coming off a bad knee? Next to nothing.

Hard to do that rehab to the level needed to play again when your next job is for little money far from home.