Bears Current Posture

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Beachum as the starting RT?! That would be all kinds of Same Old Cardinals. Epic levels of Same Old Cardinals.
I mean it'd also be Same Old Cardinals to run it back with the "Big Red Line" plan from 2001 or whatever. (Not that I'm endorsing Beachum as the guy.)

I've said it in other threads but drafting an LT seems like a vote of no confidence in PJJ almost immediately. Especially when we could have had Will Anderson or Jalen Carter instead.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We know you'll be fine with whatever they do.

They did the same thing with Froholdt and at LG last offseason. The defense is a SuperFund site, and they have maybe one starting-caliber WR in oft-injured Michael Wilson. We're not actually flush with cap dollars, and I think that marginal improvements to the offense are likely to provide diminishing returns.

You say this as if I wasn't highly critical of Keim, Kliff and Kyler and still am of Kyler.

You spent last year bagging on Conner and McBride and look how that turned out.

Beechum will be a solid placeholder for a year if FA and the draft doesn't play out as they hope but I don't think it will be the plan.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
One domini that has to fall....where does Russell Wilson end up if the Broncos do cut him?

I think Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and Washington would be the team's he would be likely to go to. Titans are a possibility too.

It would wreck the draft if he goes to Washington.
Can’t imagine Washington.. they don’t trade Sweat and Young if they weren’t planning a complete rebuild. Would be super counter productive if they thought a Vet QB was going to cure the team.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Can’t imagine Washington.. they don’t trade Sweat and Young if they weren’t planning a complete rebuild. Would be super counter productive if they thought a Vet QB was going to cure the team.
Fair point.

I could see a Belicheck and Russell Wilson pairing in Atlanta.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If Daniels is chosen top 3 it doesn’t even matter who the Cardinals want or choose because it is clear the world is ending. Daniels should be a day 3 pick at best and even then…

Astonishing
I feel like we (ASU fans) are being gaslit. Like the four years of poor play never happened.

If I'm looking for a QB, I wouldn't touch Daniels with a late first rounder. That's how much poor play I saw from the guy. I think his issues were all heart, not ability, and that scares me more than someone who just needs to develop skills.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I feel like we (ASU fans) are being gaslit. Like the four years of poor play never happened.

If I'm looking for a QB, I wouldn't touch Daniels with a late first rounder. That's how much poor play I saw from the guy. I think his issues were all heart, not ability, and that scares me more than someone who just needs to develop skills.

How do you reconcile this with the fact that he was unquestionably the best QB in college football this year and would clearly be the number 1 draft choice if the decision was based solely on his on field performance this year? Was it the coaching, the team, or personal development? Projecting his NFL worth is a scouting dilemma.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Beechum will be a solid placeholder for a year if FA and the draft doesn't play out as they hope but I don't think it will be the plan.

Towards the end of the season, the o-line was undeniably a strength of the team.

It wouldn't surprise me if next year our starting o-line was PJ, EW, DF, WH and KB going from left to right.

And DJ will be back from injury by what? Week 10? They might even go with Beechum at LT until DJ returns. Or maybe PJ at LT and Beechum at RT until DJ is ready to try RT.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Seriously DRC... I find it really super duper hard to believe that the Pats are going to roll with either Mac Jones or Bailey Zappe. They are both terrible (I can post their stats if you want)! It's 100% a QB driven league, and those two guys are driving NE to asstown.

In fact, I think it's pretty much impossible this offseason NE does not try to upgrade their QB position.

It's pretty hard to get your QBOTF via FA, so I think NE will take one of the three QBs, probably Daniels.
But teams still want to draft the talent at the right place. Daniels is likely more the right value mid first round. Not at #3.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How do you reconcile this with the fact that he was unquestionably the best QB in college football this year and would clearly be the number 1 draft choice if the decision was based solely on his on field performance this year? Was it the coaching, the team, or personal development? Projecting his NFL worth is a scouting dilemma.
This is fair. Those of us that watched him at asu probably have more insight than most but are also the most jaded and likely didn’t watch a lot of LSU.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
But teams still want to draft the talent at the right place. Daniels is likely more the right value mid first round. Not at #3.

Hmmm... Tbh Ouchie, I don't remember watching even one actual play from Daniels this past year.

But here is his passing stat line from 2023:

CMPATTCMP%YDSAVGTDINTLNGRTG

WOW! That has to be one of the very best CFB seasons by a QB in history!

And he rushed for over 1100 yards and 10TD too! And the heisman trophy winner to boot?

Sorry Chief, perhaps you watched him a lot at ASU where he played like poop, and you may be actually correct his true value is mid-first round, but I'm pretty confident there will be a QB hungry team that convinces themselves he's their answer, and it will probably be either NE or WAS.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m hearing Kingsbury and Williams is the real deal. It’s why Williams changed his tune and declared for the draft. Sadly I’m also hearing nobody of import sees Daniels at 3. When he throws, if he throws great that might change. The Pats have tons of needs. They seem most likely to want to trade down. With so many outstanding WRs it’s no sure thing someone moves up to take Harrison, so I’m not sure they find a trade partner willing to pay much. This is a confusing draft. No defensive players should go this highly. Unless someone shocks the world and takes Daniels, I wouldn’t be shocked if the Pats took an OT, though that’s early. They could take Harrison, but they’re not excited to do so. Someone, like Atlanta, might move up to take Daniels if the Pats offer a bargain deal.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They could take Harrison, but they’re not excited to do so. Someone, like Atlanta, might move up to take Daniels if the Pats offer a bargain deal.
... Which is exactly why I've been raising the question of how much the Cards would / should give up to swap picks with the Pats to ensure getting MHJ. The Draftek chart equates the value to the Cards' two lower 3rd round picks.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
... Which is exactly why I've been raising the question of how much the Cards would / should give up to swap picks with the Pats to ensure getting MHJ. The Draftek chart equates the value to the Cards' two lower 3rd round picks.
We need too much in my opinion. Don’t want to trade up and lose picks.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
That would have been the Keim way. I'm not sure if that's how they will play it, although I'd be fine with Beachum there as he's proven solid.

I just get the feeling from the attitude and words of Gannon he expects a major step up next year and I assume that comes from conversations with Monti. I don't think sticking plasters at tackle fit that goal.

I think they cut Hump and get $9m back (and an additional $22m in 2025) and sign a vet or draft someone high.

The biggest hurdle for them I think is the usual conundrum with FA before the draft. They only really have 2 viable options at #4 (MHJ or OT), and if they sign a vet OT to a decent deal it's tough to use that high pick on another OT.

I wonder if they make a strong play for Onwenu who has started at both guard and tackle.
Can’t believe they wait until round 3 to take an OL. Maybe round 2, but 1 more likely. I believe Ossenfort will turnout to be a trenches guy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
How do you reconcile this with the fact that he was unquestionably the best QB in college football this year and would clearly be the number 1 draft choice if the decision was based solely on his on field performance this year?
Football is a team game. LSU is/was loaded. Nice situation after four years of bad to barely mediocre play. If Daniels replicated his year four performance, he's likely a late round pick or UDFA. That should tell you why he's isn't viewed as the best QB.
Was it the coaching, the team, or personal development? Projecting his NFL worth is a scouting dilemma.
Sometimes guys stick around college so long that they out develop people. Xavier Legette is another guy like that. It's much easier to be good at something when you've been doing it for five years.

In the NFL, you won't get that many chances. If I'm a GM, I'm not betting my career on a guy who took 4 years to be an NFL prospect.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison