Bears Current Posture

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Talk on the street is the Bears will trade the first pick and go with Fields unless the Green Bay game changes their mind. They will get a huge return. I think it’s better than even money the first 3 picks go QB. If they do the Cards will still face a tough decision. I favor taking Harrison. They will not get a windfall if they trade down.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talk on the street is the Bears will trade the first pick and go with Fields unless the Green Bay game changes their mind. They will get a huge return. I think it’s better than even money the first 3 picks go QB. If they do the Cards will still face a tough decision. I favor taking Harrison. They will not get a windfall if they trade down.
Agreed.

If the Bears don’t take Harrison, the top three picks will be QB’s

This is an outstanding QB draft class, and I don’t think I can remember a year when there were so many teams that were in desperate need of an upgrade at quarterback

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Harry, I agree completely. And, I've thought all along that the Bears will trade down. Like us, staying with KM and seeing if he can do the job with a better supporting cast, they'll do the same with Fields. I can see some on this Board going crazy (I might be one of them) if we give up our 2nd round pick in order to move UP a spot or two to get MHJ.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lamar’s arm strength was never an issue but accuracy was.
Fields probably has a better arm than Lamar.

What Lamar has is a much quicker release which greatly improves his accuracy. He was always was good on intermediate throws, but now has expanded to hit throws outside the #s.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How Is possibile a single meaningless game could change their plan for the next season and more?
Living in Chicago I can tell you this. This week is the Bears Super Bowl. If they beat the Packers knocking them out of the playoffs this city will be giddy.
It would also mean the Bears went 5-2 over the last 7 games. Very much like the Lions next year. Eight weeks ago this same city was screaming for everyone to get fired. Today, not so much.
Their defense seems real. They will trade their pick and they will not take a Qb.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That means the Bears will have traded with someone other than the patriots or Commanders. If they trade with one of those two teams they will take Harrison.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If that is the case, sitting at #4 is the perfect spot for me. The Bears pass on Harrison, 3 QBs go, Harrison is on the board, and Monti doesn't have a Haul waiting for him in trade. Voila, MHJ is now a Card.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That means the Bears will have traded with someone other than the patriots or Commanders. If they trade with one of those two teams they will take Harrison.
Agree, I was thinking the same and it is very possible that either the Pats or Commanders would move up to get QB Caleb Williams. I'm now of the opinion that Cards are going to take an OT with their first pick, either Alt or Fashanu and sign a free agent WR and get another one or two in the draft.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree, I was thinking the same and it is very possible that either the Pats or Commanders would move up to get QB Caleb Williams. I'm now of the opinion that Cards are going to take an OT with their first pick, either Alt or Fashanu and sign a free agent WR and get another one or two in the draft.
I afraid that we won’t sign a F/A Wr until after the draft. I hope not.
I don’t want to see two rookie wr’s and I don’t think we can afford the draft capital to draft two.
I don’t want to go into next season with Wilson as our #2 Wr. If he emerges into that hurray for us.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tell you my point, those are kind of loser's victory
Its like if in the premier league the Manchester united defeat the League champion Manchester City in the last game of the season finishing 25 points behind them without accomplishing any pre season targets
I get where you’re coming from. I’m just passing along the vibe here in Chicago. This crazy city will start talking Super Bowl or bust in 2024 if they beat the Packers.
BTW, I HATE the Bears.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If that is the case, sitting at #4 is the perfect spot for me. The Bears pass on Harrison, 3 QBs go, Harrison is on the board, and Monti doesn't have a Haul waiting for him in trade. Voila, MHJ is now a Card.
Talking about Cards curse, it would be our luck that one of the top three slots, probably number three itself, will have us waiting to get on the clock. We see a trade. We all celebrate KNOWING it has to be for a QB, and then MHJ goes off the board! I have been bitten in drafts so much like this over the years. I can just picture it! :(

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

That’s why losing the #2 pick was a killer. The C-Words or Patriots will move up to ensure Williams and the Bears take MHJ. It’s crazy the Bears are in this position.
-
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Living in Chicago I can tell you this. This week is the Bears Super Bowl. If they beat the Packers knocking them out of the playoffs this city will be giddy.
It would also mean the Bears went 5-2 over the last 7 games. Very much like the Lions next year. Eight weeks ago this same city was screaming for everyone to get fired. Today, not so much.
Their defense seems real. They will trade their pick and they will not take a Qb.
Do you live in Chicago or Plainfield?

Also it is important to note that the Bears/Fields are having success at beating very bad teams.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Who would you want Monti to pick with the other first rounder? I was listening to a mock draft last night that had us taking the Clemson corner Wiggins over newton

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Actually Plainfield. But this town still celebrates 1985.
Love Planfield, its why i asked. My sister in law lives there. Love the downtown area. She just told me about the migrants getting hot potatoed all over the place lately

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson