Keim drafts

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Keim bandwagon is super strange. They just erase Keim's entire decade of bad drafting.

Keim had a great start to his career. Keim deserves credit. That was 7 years ago. Seven years ago he was good.

The dude has 38-53 record in past 5 years. Keim has one playoff win in 10 years.

Which GM would survive that kind of record in 31 other NFL cities? Ask Yourself.

****Crickets******
Yeah pretty much. He has a couple pretty big hits that keep him relevant, but overall he's been subpar.

A major part in the Kyler/Kliff debate really.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
All we need is to send Keim to Pete Carroll's draft clinic. Why? Just read this example of how to draft taken from ESPN article:

While we were all distracted (understandably) by the Wilson trade, the Seahawks quietly put together a strong offseason. Just look at their draft. They found their current starting tackles in the first and third rounds. Second-rounder Walker looks like a true superstar at running back. Cornerback Tariq Woolen is an interception machine and a leading Defensive Rookie of the Year candidate. Cornerback Coby Bryant (you know, the "other" rookie cornerback from Cincinnati) has been a playmaker on the back end. Seattle GM John Schneider may well have crushed what will turn out to be a crucial draft for his franchise. Smith has been very good, but Walker's 168 rushing yards Sunday was the third 150-plus rushing yard performance by a Seahawk so far this season. They're playing well in all phases and look like they haven't just fluked their way into first place.
They are 4-3. Lol. Hold etching their name on the Lombardi trophy. In a league where everyone is a game out. 4-3 isn’t worth all this

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The Keim bandwagon is super strange. They just erase Keim's entire decade of bad drafting.

Who is on the Keim bandwagon?

I simply said he has drafted a solid defense (offensive picks have mostly sucked) at this point and give the man a compliment.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Posters who don't like the recent Keim drafts saying that there are no Pro Bowl potential players drafted in the last two-three (about) years. My question is if (and I know it's a big IF) one or two reach the Pro Bowl who would they be?

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
With Keim at the helm, the Cardinal’s record over the past 5 years has been pretty miserable. The team drafts high. For some reason, Keim prefers to draft players from marginal teams and conferences, instead of going after ones who played in big-time conferences and big-time games. You’d think with all the high draft picks, the Cardinals would be on the upswing in the standing, but that is just not the case. I don’t think I can count on ten fingers and ten toes the number of trades or mid-season signings that have not panned out because of injuries or poor performances. Maybe I’m just annoyed at being a long-time fan and see very little on the horizon to make me feel confident in the direction of the team.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Dont look now but Keims recent drafts not looking half bad of late. Seems like a lot of guys have just started to elevate/flash at the same time. Id say all the below guys at least flash:
-byron
-eno
-simmons
-zach allen
-zaven
-jalen thompson
-marco wilson
-rashard lawrence
-rondale
-kirk (yeah i know hes not here)
-could argue for some hassan reddick love here too

Id give some cred to defensive player development here too.
I feel like this is the key difference...

Byron - yes
Eno - not yet
Simmons - no
Allen - yes
Zaven - not yet
Jalen - yes
Marco - not yet
Rashard - not yet
Rondale - not yet
Kirk - yes, but not for us
Reddick - yes, but not for us

It's your perspective of "hitting on a pick".

Also, both Kirk and Reddick are guys who found success later and then left. Sometimes a pick is not a hit because he takes so long to develop that you aren't the team that gets the production out of them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Posters who don't like the recent Keim drafts saying that there are no Pro Bowl potential players drafted in the last two-three (about) years. My question is if (and I know it's a big IF) one or two reach the Pro Bowl who would they be?
That’s the issue, I can’t even identify who I think possesses the potential. I would still say Simmons just based on size and speed and the occasional splash play. If he ever begins getting consistent on the every player things he could be.

People might say collins, but for a dude with his measurable she plays pretty soft and relatively slow.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
All we need is to send Keim to Pete Carroll's draft clinic. Why? Just read this example of how to draft taken from ESPN article:

While we were all distracted (understandably) by the Wilson trade, the Seahawks quietly put together a strong offseason. Just look at their draft. They found their current starting tackles in the first and third rounds. Second-rounder Walker looks like a true superstar at running back. Cornerback Tariq Woolen is an interception machine and a leading Defensive Rookie of the Year candidate. Cornerback Coby Bryant (you know, the "other" rookie cornerback from Cincinnati) has been a playmaker on the back end. Seattle GM John Schneider may well have crushed what will turn out to be a crucial draft for his franchise. Smith has been very good, but Walker's 168 rushing yards Sunday was the third 150-plus rushing yard performance by a Seahawk so far this season. They're playing well in all phases and look like they haven't just fluked their way into first place.
That’s how they became one of the best teams in the league. One of Carrolls best drafts was one of the firsts. It really set them up well.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Keim had a great start to his career. Keim deserves credit. That was 7 years ago. Seven years ago he was good.

The dude has 38-53 record in past 5 years. Keim has one playoff win in 10 years.

Which GM would survive that kind of record in 31 other NFL cities? Ask Yourself.

****Crickets******
How dare you use facts lol

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have no idea about contracts, and I assume you mean their new deals. But it seems to me that when teams want to hold on to players, they always find a way. And I think Arizona wants to hold on to both Allen and Murphy.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
defense was near full strength and got outplayed, out manned, out hustled with these Keim's picks.

if there are Keim fan threads in losing seasons, can you imagine what the Keim fan boy club will be here like it they start 2-1 next season?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
defense was near full strength and got outplayed, out manned, out hustled with these Keim's picks.

if there are Keim fan threads in losing seasons, can you imagine what the Keim fan boy club will be here like it they start 2-1 next season?
Oh, this defense is absolutely garbage, no doubt.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Dont look now but Keims recent drafts not looking half bad of late. Seems like a lot of guys have just started to elevate/flash at the same time. Id say all the below guys at least flash:
-byron
-eno
-simmons
-zach allen
-zaven
-jalen thompson
-marco wilson
-rashard lawrence
-rondale
-kirk (yeah i know hes not here)
-could argue for some hassan reddick love here too

Id give some cred to defensive player development here too.
Zero Pro Bowlers on that list.

Keim never drafted well, Arians got the most out of a roster mostly built by Whisenhunt/Graves and when Keim got his fingerprints on things and BA wasn't around to coach them up the results are what we have now.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This teams problems right now are primarily offensive line, defensive line and Quarterback play.

Of course the defense is going to look bad if it can't stop the run, and it can't get a lot of push up front. Overall though I think our back 2/3 of our defense is mostly good enough.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They were missing their CB1. That's a pretty big loss.

Who are Keim fans? I doubt there is a single person on this board doesn't want Keim gone.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This teams problems right now are primarily offensive line, defensive line and Quarterback play.

Of course the defense is going to look bad if it can't stop the run, and it can't get a lot of push up front. Overall though I think our back 2/3 of our defense is mostly good enough.

Yes. Just so demoralizing watching your team get beat up on the LOS like we watched last night. Both sides. I don't know why Keim never gets publicly called out on this in a live setting.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Add play calling.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison