Bears Current Posture

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's nowhere near the same. Williams hurt his knee in 2017 but it wasn't an ACL and he wasn't cut by Washington, he was traded to the Niners in 2020 after missing '19 with the cancer thing which had cleared by then.

He didn't spend a year teamless recovering from an ACL injury.
Nah. He spend a year recovering form having a tumor removed from his head and having his knee and tumor both mishandled by the team. I'd say the brain is worse than the knee in the sense he wasn't comfortable wearing a helmet for sometime and had to have a special one made for him. He is still dealing with knee issues from his Washington days that leads to go missing a few games each year.

I'd say it's worse in this case.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah. He spend a year recovering form having a tumor removed from his head and having his knee and tumor both mishandled by the team. I'd say the brain is worse than the knee in the sense he wasn't comfortable wearing a helmet for sometime and had to have a special one made for him. He is still dealing with knee issues from his Washington days that leads to go missing a few games each year.

I'd say it's worse in this case.

Williams was still training. He still had a team. He could have played in 2019 but held out because he fell out with Washington. He was physically healthy other than the growth on his head.

If Hump is cut, he's be recovering from an ACL and MCL without a team and will miss an entire season of football due to injury. It's a huge difference from a teams perspective. He'll be looking to sign for a team in March 2025 having not seen a field since December 2023 with no GM or team doctor to speak to about his fitness.

The team may let him train and and be treated at the teams facilities which would help. But Hump is a meh tackle now and coming off an MCL and ACL, and being 31 years old isn't going to be super attractive to teams. I don't see anyone looking at him to start for sure, which means he's at best getting backup money.

We made the exact same mistake with Marcus Gilbert coming off an ACL at age 31 and he never played a game for us. At least we paid him next to nothing.

Kelvin Beachum was 31 when he signed for us in 2020 and got a vet min deal without the ACL history.