Baker Mayfield making a push to be the #1 overall pick?

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If I was the GM of the Browns , I would take Baker Mayfield with the first pick . Mental game far exceeds the rest of the contenders !

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The thing comparing all the issues when it come to the QB's, Darnold can be taught ball security, Jackson and Allen can be taught to improve their footwork, Rosen can get stronger, but Mayfield is not going to get any taller or more athletic.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mayfield is the safer pick
Extremely accurate, good arm strength, agile on the pocket, can scramble, true leader, competitive
if he was 2-3 inches taller he'd be the consensus #1 overall pick... which is why i would do whatever it takes to get him to AZ.

i've seen enough of his interviews and behind the scenes stuff on him to think he's got a good head on his shoulders, but i'm always swayed by that kind of stuff, so who knows.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The thing comparing all the issues when it come to the QB's, Darnold can be taught ball security, Jackson and Allen can be taught to improve their footwork, Rosen can get stronger, but Mayfield is not going to get any taller or more athletic.

He's 6'1 and the Hall of Fame is replete with 6'2 QBs, including - Broadway Joe, Bret Favre and Joe Montana.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I drank a beer with the guy and there's NO WAY he's 6'1". I'm 5'11" and we were the same height.
Well it’s already been proved at various points of the process your wrong! Maybe you’re slowly shrinking to the size of mini me lol :lol:

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Well it’s already been proved at various points of the process your wrong! Maybe you’re slowly shrinking to the size of mini me lol :lol:
Where was I wrong genius? Love to hear it. Plus, your a disrespectful pos to insult a small person who just died. You are garbage.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Where was I wrong genius? Love to hear it. Plus, your a disrespectful pos to insult a small person who just died. You are garbage.
He’s been measured by the pros many many times over 6’.

Relax man I was making a joke, no disrespect I’m sorry it seemed that way. Don’t act like the rest of the snowflakes in this world today.

POISON

Reaction score

Relax man I was making a joke, no disrespect I’m sorry it seemed that way.
First of all, I'm telling the truth. I was wearing

Relax man I was making a joke, no disrespect I’m sorry it seemed that way.
Bad joke. I feel sorry for the little guy, sounds like he drank himself to death. I thought he was hilarious in Austin Powers movies. It's all good. I'm being honest about the height, hell maybe I'm 6 foot?

POISON

Reaction score

Relax man I was making a joke, no disrespect I’m sorry it seemed that way. Don’t act like the rest of the snowflakes in this world today.
I'm no snowflake, pro military and Republican