Baker Mayfield makes more sense than Minshew.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Better drafting a guy in round 3/4 and then if he pans out in some way there is a trade value
It is good drafting a guy in say round four to develop, but that guy would not be a proper stopgap. No matter how unrealistic it might seem to be in playoff contention, one is looking for a guy who can win you some games before Kyler is able to play. A veteran player like Brisset under an OC he is familiar is far more advantageous

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brisett makes the most sense. But, there just isn't a "plug in and play" starter out there. Whoever the Cards sign, or if they go with Colt "Mr. Glass" McCoy, they are screwed next year anyway IMO. 4 wins will be the max I can see. Just my opinion, if they do better I will be pleasantly surprised.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just no to Baker Mayfield. And can we put a pin in the idea that Brisset is really good and could be a starter for some teams? He's a stopgap level player, nothing more.
Thank you. Based on the giddiness of people over Brisset, I thought maybe I missed something all these years.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The only real NFL offense Petzing's knows is pretty much Stefanksi's. Which features heavily the Norv Turner/Pat Shurmur background. Thats the guy whose offense he learned inside and out coached with for years. Fair to say that's what he's going to bring over and Baker Mayfield is familiar with it.

I think Mayfield needs starts. He'd get that in Arizona to start the year and thats the guy who he used to teach in college. He'll help Kyler with the verbiage and understanding of new concepts for him. After that just be a good teammate and hope for a job elsewhere next year.

You're underestimating just how good friends they are.
The 'friends' part is actually something I do not like about bringing in Baker Mayfield. Mentally, Kyler needs to move on past his college years, and have a different mindset. Kyler needs to become a pro, listening to another pro because that is his job to get better and not because they are ole college buddies. Just seems like enabling Kyler to not mature. Kyler and his college years is something he needs to drop, and define himself as a pro. Then what if Mayfield does not mesh with the new mindset and help win games, then you just provided a college fraction at your most important position which is against the coaching staff

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fans from every other team. "look at the poor Cardinals. Apparently having the #1 overall draft pick from 2019 being a bust just wasn't enough, so they added the overall #1 from 2018 to the roster as well".
Would only make sense.

Rather quickly we went from Carson Palmer (2003 #1 overall pick) to Sam Bradford (2010 #1 overall pick) to Kyler Murray (2019 #1 overall pick).

:D

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t see Baker as part of this team.
I don’t think McCoy will be part of this team except a backup to whoever we bring in and cut when Kyler returns.
Gannon has claimed “ over the top” and attacking. That’s not McCoy.
It appears this staff likes people they know.
I think Brissett will be our guy.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Baker Mayfield is the best option for multiple reasons.
1 Other than Derrick Carr who else is better that we could get.

2 Baker and Kyler are virtually the same exact QB so the coaches won’t have to change anything.

3 Baker is in his prime.

4 Kyler gets hurt every year so having Baker is great insurance plus I think Kyler will play better knowing he has competition. If he doesn’t then Baker takes his job.

5 Baker knows he will start at least half the year and maybe longer. Can he get that with another team.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
say what you want about Baker but he is twice as tuff as Kyler the cream puff. Guy plays hurt and wants the ball in the forth quarter to win thegame.

I havnt seen that from Kyler.

Klyer has led 10 4th quarter comebacks in the last 4 years, Baker has led 4.

Baker's clutch stats are among the worst in the league. He might want the ball... but you'd be ill advised to give it to him.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Baker's clutch stats are among the worst in the league. He might want the ball... but you'd be ill advised to give it to him.
Facts don't care about feelings

Or something like that.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
say what you want about Baker but he is twice as tuff as Kyler the cream puff. Guy plays hurt and wants the ball in the forth quarter to win thegame.

I havnt seen that from Kyler.
Plus there are not a lot of options out there. Outside of Derrek Carr who wants only a starting job I don’t know anybody else out there I would take over Mayfield. We can’t just stay with McCoy because he’ll be hurt by game three.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score

Baker's clutch stats are among the worst in the league. He might want the ball... but you'd be ill advised to give it to hIM

Facts don't care about feelings

Or something like that.
Baker has won a playoff game

Kyler folded under pressure and had the worst playoff stats in NFL history.

Winning matters. Not his stats during the regular season.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
IF Colt still wants to play, I think the job should be his until Murray gets back. I would enjoy it most if Baker came here. It would create a very interesting situation, and could be quite fun if both could put their egos aside and simply support and root for one another.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

No doubt Kyler stunk it up, and so did everyone else. But you want to ignore the "under pressure" stats given to you in comparison to Baker, because why include anything that wouldn't fit your narrative?

Ah, so we should rush to sign Marcus Mariotta, Daniel Jones, Case Keenum, and John Wolford, all clearly better quarterbacks because *checks notes* they won a playoff game.

Mayfield is already going to be on his 4th team. He was really good getting that defensive touchdown at the beginning of the game and his four interceptions on defense in his playoff win. It is after all, not a team game, but the QB who wins and loses.

Last edited:

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
No doubt Kyler stunk it up, and so did everyone else. But you want to ignore the "under pressure" stats given to you in comparison to Baker, because why include anything that wouldn't fit your narrative?

Ah, so we should rush to sign Marcus Mariotta, Daniel Jones, Case Keenum, and John Wolford, all clearly better quarterbacks because *checks notes* they won a playoff game.

Mayfield is already going to be on his 4th team. He was really good getting that defensive touchdown at the beginning of the game and his four interceptions on defense in his playoff win. It is after all, not a team game, but the QB who wins and loses.
Dont let reality interfere with your K1 love fest.

Winning playoff games is what it comes down to and Kyler has arguably the worst performance of all time in his ONE appearance.

But please, feel free to keep bragging about the numbers he put up against the texans in week 7..... :rolleyes:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You’re right, winning does matter, Baker Mayfield is a crap quarterback and a loser, so let’s avoid him.

I am not a fan of Kyler Murray, but Baker Mayfield is objectively awful.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dont let reality interfere with your K1 love fest.

Winning playoff games is what it comes down to and Kyler has arguably the worst performance of all time in his ONE appearance.

But please, feel free to keep bragging about the numbers he put up against the texans in week 7..... :rolleyes:

Actually I've been highly critical of Kyler all year, and last two years as well, so nice try.

Some are just off the deep end with it though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson