Baker Mayfield making a push to be the #1 overall pick?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
But we're not flying him in... surprising.
That could change & I'll be shocked if no other meeting with the Cards at some point! Only 7 personal workouts? Not a freaking chance! It’s early

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think Cleveland is deciding between Darnold and Mayfield. Both have their flaws... There’s a good chance one will be available at #4 if they take Barkley #1.

It’s a **** mindset but neither guy is a Luck or Jameis caliber prospect.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I think Cleveland is deciding between Darnold and Mayfield. Both have their flaws... There’s a good chance one will be available at #4 if they take Barkley #1.

Do you consider Luck and Winston as similar prospects? I'd say they were on completely different levels. Winston also went #1 overall but I don't think anyone was saying he was a sure thing like Luck.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Do you consider Luck and Winston as similar prospects? I'd say they were on completely different levels. Winston also went #1 overall but I don't think anyone was saying he was a sure thing like Luck.

No but Winston was the sure fire #1 pick. Luck was in his own realm as a prospect.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I believe Browns will be counting on McCarron signing. Kizer becomes the backup. They wanted him. Hue loves the guy. I can see them trading the #1 to some QB (reaching) team and not drafting Barkley with the #1. Don't care how good Barkley seems but he is not their path to the SB.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I believe Browns will be counting on McCarron signing. Kizer becomes the backup. They wanted him. Hue loves the guy. I can see them trading the #1 to some QB (reaching) team and not drafting Barkley with the #1. Don't care how good Barkley seems but he is not their path to the SB.
He could be one of the key pieces though. They may not take a QB at all and continue to build a foundational core with him and Fitzpatrik.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He could be one of the key pieces though. They may not take a QB at all and continue to build a foundational core with him and Fitzpatrik.

has crossed my mind they could sign mccarron and then draft a second round QB... go into next season with McCarron, Kizer, Rudolph in their QB room... gives them three young guys to work with while AJ brings a small amount of vet leadership to the room.

as for team building... Browns have lots of picks... but trading one of those top 4 picks will likely garner them another first next year... Having multiple firsts helps increase roster talent while also allowing for draft flexibility.

I still think Buffalo could be a wild card in the draft... having those back to back firsts could help them move up if they decide to draft a QB... those two picks combined with next years first and second can likely get them close to that #4 pick

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
has crossed my mind they could sign mccarron and then draft a second round QB... go into next season with McCarron, Kizer, Rudolph in their QB room... gives them three young guys to work with while AJ brings a small amount of vet leadership to the room.

Kizer and Rudolph? Kizer or Rudolph.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Mayfield is no Johnny Manziel, he has earned everything to establish who he is. He is accurate, and possibly Drew Brees with more mobility. His irritating quirk is his cockiness which sometimes makes you leery. For instance, when questioned about his comments which one GM called cockiness and not confidence, his response was "I will not change". Hey stupid, NFL teams will only see the phrase as a sound byte and apply it to numerous situations. It's defiant and counterproductive where his rookie contract does not warrant that stance, and he has yet to be a pro. I will be upset if we have a shot at him and pass, I will frankly be livid because he is warping his passion and confidence to represent something else. Baker, shut up and allow Big Red to draft you :newcards:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good move for them.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Browns just traded for Tyrod. So Barkley is going to be the #1 pick

Tyrod is a bride QB I would imagine and they would get one anyway while still contemplating Kizer... this affects nothing for their draft and selecting a quarterback number one

While it makes it a little more likely, I don't think that's signed, sealed, and delivered.

Say no to Barkley with the #1. Trade down to QB hungry team. Get the QB at #4 or with the draft choice chips from the trade. Buffalo is now super hungry for a top tier draft eligible QB. They only have Nate Peterman as of now on their depth chart.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Say no to Barkley with the #1. Trade down to QB hungry team. Get the QB at #4 or with the draft choice chips from the trade. Buffalo is now super hungry for a top tier draft eligible QB. They only have Nate Peterman as of now on their depth chart.

by trading Taylor Buffalo now has more than enough cap space to be in the mix for Cousins as well.... I think it sets them at $32mil right now... but there is also the possibility cleveland ends up with 20 and 21 and buffalos 2019 first

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mayfield is the safer pick
Extremely accurate, good arm strength, agile on the pocket, can scramble, true leader, competitive

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson