Back From St Louis

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Always nice to go back to Saint Louis as much of my family is there including my son, his wife and my grandson.

As for the game:

A beautiful day in downtown St Louis and the atmosphere was great. Seats 10 rows behind the Cards bench. Spoke with Michael Bidwill before the game as he was nice enough to come over and say thanks for our support on the road. Bill was there too but didn't come over. We were handed some Cardinal flags to wave which was cool. Sat next to the Cardinals head of security's brother and his wife and they were great.
Opening drive we looked like a machine and I was pumped. The TH fumble was like a punch in the gut and the crowd came alive.
Cards D was good most of the game and were coming after Bradford. Other than a couple of runs they did a great job on Jackson which really hurt the Rams chances as the Ram coaches were not happy with the run game.

A little surprised I am not seeing more credit for our run game and OL run blocking. Other than the TH fumbles they looked pretty good from where I sat. Faneca actually did some things. Saw some of his leadership qualities also.
DA started off fine but man did he and the offense put on a horrible performance for a couple of quarters. Penalties and bad passes got the crowd crazy and the Rams D was feeling it. Laurinaitis had one hell of a game. I agree Fitz did not look 100% but DA was really making some horrible throws. Had Fitz deep and threw it flat and the CB just dropped it. Ram fan next to me said your QB really sucks. To his credit DA did hang tough and led us on a game winning drive. He was hurt and he did not quit and got the win.

AW was just awesome and Rhodes is very talented back there. Our secondary is much better than last year. Also thought Porter showed some life that I did not see in preseason. I really liked the teams attitude as they were talking alot on the sideline and seemed up for the game. Lots of hitting and scrums after the play.

Although I was coming apart in the last few minutes, we got the win and I waved the Card flag proudly and got a thumbs up and a wink from Joey Porter. A real nice feeling walking out of there after a win. Rams fans were all classy and I believe they are in for a much better year. Bradford is damn good and that team will fight till the end.

1-0 and lets give a better effort in Atlanta and get a win. Can't convince the wife to drive down for the game. Still working on it.

GO CARDS.........

Last edited:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Nice run down on the game PJ. I admire you road warrior guys. It ain't easy being in the hostiles place. St. Lou. is class though.

Yeah we were solid against the run. Hayes may have a tough time cracking into the lineup again. We'll see. I would have liked to see a little more pressure on Bradford. He threw up over 50 passes.

I thought the Rams dominated our OL though (understatement) we're going to have to give Keith more help. He had a tough opening assignment with Long. He's going to be very good. He looked fine at times and then would totaly just get beat. He'll need some assistance, regularly.

Horrible call by the ref not overturning the fumble ruling after review. It was obvious that he was down allready in possesion when the ground caused the fumble. But we escaped.

DA played well considering the pressure he had to face. He missed a few, but they haven't practiced much. Fitz said he has a lot to improve on himself, so I expect better things there.

Secondary held it's own and that's great. Rhodes helps that unit a lot.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably better to get a feel for the line blocking being close to the field in the game. Little easier to feel the intensity. Seems like the running game didn't get the attention here as you say because it only seemed to click on the one drive.

Nice overall report.

Thx

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
PJ-----Thanks for the look into what it was like on the sidelines. Sounds like you all had fun. Ugly win for sure, but here we are, already a game up on San Fran.

OP
OP
P

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's probably better to get a feel for the line blocking being close to the field in the game. Little easier to feel the intensity. Seems like the running game didn't get the attention here as you say because it only seemed to click on the one drive.

Nice overall report.

Thx

I believe we had over 5 yards per rush which is huge for us. LSH had some big runs and one real nice one called back. Just kept getting penalties to put us in passing situations. Some of these calls were a joke. Pass blocking a different story but I though we did much better on the ground than in preseason.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard