ASU vs. San Jose State Gameday Thread

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please tell me a UA fan wants to debate out of conference schedules.

In the last 10 years, we've scheduled:

Nebraska, Miami (FL), Iowa, LSU, Notre Dame, UNC, etc.

We've got Colorado this year, but they didn't suck when we booked the home and away so it's no our fault.

Next year we start a home/away with Georgia. Then Wisconsin...

Like you've never played NAU...

Never said we didnt.. But we dont routinley schedule the powder puffs girls for the first game every year like its going outta style.. Take this year for example..

Trey

Registered
Reaction score
Birth to 32, Phoenix. Now, enemy territory.
Never said we didnt.. But we dont routinley schedule the powder puffs girls for the first game every year like its going outta style.. Take this year for example..

You're (or in the case of intelligent folk, "your" ;) ) unbelievable.

NAU
UTEP
NAU
UTAH
BYU
BYU

There's your last 6 openers.

Mighty tough competition there.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're (or in the case of intelligent folk, "your" ;) ) unbelievable.

NAU
UTEP
NAU
UTAH
BYU
BYU

There's your last 6 openers.

Mighty tough competition there.

I understand your not an ASFN expert, so Ill let the your thing go..

As for the schedule of UofA.. Looks good to me.. BYU, Utah and UTEP are good teams... They have good programs..

I just feel for Dback Jon.. His college is getting thrown under the bus here.. At least he has Illinios to fall back on .. :D

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Why does it matter who we have for the first game when it's pretty obvious our out of conference schedule has been tougher over the years?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please check the schedule for next week. I'm really curious who's on the calendar for September 8th...

I said beginning the season or is that ASU education kicking in again? Now I see why ASU lets anyone in.. They forget what the credintials are of the appilcants are.. ASU's motto is.. "Bring your dumb, stupid, slitghly above average students - Oh hell, we'll even take 80's crack babies. Just dont bring your poor. Bring your check book"

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I said beginning the season or is that ASU education kicking in again? Now I see why ASU lets anyone in.. They forget what the credintials are of the appilcants are.. ASU's motto is.. "Bring your dumb, stupid, slitghly above average students - Oh hell, we'll even take 80's crack babies. Just dont bring your poor. Bring your check book"

ASU and UofA aren't really all that different at letting people in are they? As of last year I knew I would get 1 year free tuition to any Arizona University. Also, in the booklets we got when we first started high school, all the instate schools required the same classes...

Trey

Registered
Reaction score

Really not trying to pick a fight with you Gee, but damn, this is funny:

"They forget what the credintials are of the appilcants are.."

Just admit that you were wrong for calling out our week 1 opponent. And to claim that you never play NAU in football...

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really not trying to pick a fight with you Gee, but damn, this is funny:

"They forget what the credintials are of the appilcants are.."

Just admit that you were wrong for calling out our week 1 opponent. And to claim that you never play NAU in football...

Never said we didnt play them.. And I also never said ASU plays them 1st every year.. I am, however saying that ASU routinly picks on a weak team every year in the 1st game.. Dont know how this got lost in transition.. But it makes sense now that ASU hired an alchoholic as the football coach.. You guys do have priorities afterall.. Playboys party school ranking seems to be at the top of the list..

Trey

Registered
Reaction score

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really?

Gotcha.

The phrase you're (not your ;) ) looking for, is lost in "translation." This isn't a basketball thread.

BTW, did you go to UA?

1st.. When is lately? If were speaking Stoops era.. then yes we havent played them in awhile.. Machovica wasnt a real coach..

2nd.. My internet speach might be lost on you as I stated before, "I understand your not an ASFN expert, so Ill let the your thing go.."

Comprehension is not your strong quality I see..

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU and UofA aren't really all that different at letting people in are they? As of last year I knew I would get 1 year free tuition to any Arizona University. Also, in the booklets we got when we first started high school, all the instate schools required the same classes...
The two universities have basically the same standards for admissions, so somebody trying to argue that one of the two schools is easier to get into than the other really doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Trey

Registered
Reaction score
1st.. When is lately? If were speaking Stoops era.. then yes we havent played them in awhile.. Machovica wasnt a real coach..

My God, man. You're playing NAU in six freaking days. It will be the fifth time in the last seven years. You're playing them early, and often!

2nd.. My internet speach might be lost on you as I stated before, "I understand your not an ASFN expert, so Ill let the your thing go.."

Comprehension is not your strong quality I see..

My comprehension is just fine. Your "speach" on the other hand...

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My God, man. You're playing NAU in six freaking days. It will be the fifth time in the last seven years. You're playing them early, and often!

My comprehension is just fine. Your "speach" on the other hand...

Appearntly its not good at all since you fail to see the word 1st in my posts..

I would expext nothing else from the ASU system.. Comprehension and common sense seem to be left to the curb along with actually having gold in the school colors..

Trey

Registered
Reaction score

I would expext nothing else from the ASU system.. Comprehension and common sense seem to be left to the curb along with actually having gold in the school colors..

I read the word, "1st." Unfortunately for you, it doesn't mean what you think it means. You've contradicted yourself on more than one occasion, and your best recovery has been to bash ASU's colors. :confused:

Wish I could say I was surprised.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score

Gee, ASU and UofA alternate playing NAU each year. ASU played them last year, so NAU plays them this year.

Besides, most teams pick a bad team to play against to start off the season, look at most of the scheduled games today. You're just bitter because BYU picked Arizona. :)

HooverDam

Reaction score
I believe the Board of Regents demands (or asks strongly) for ASU and UofA to each play NAU once every 3 years or so. So I don't want to hear it from a UA fan about ASU playing them, especially when UA plays them Saturday. ASU tries to follow an "A-B-C" model for its out of conference schedule. One strong team, one medium, one cupcake, I have no problem with that methodology. However, since schedules are made so far in advance, it doesn't always work out. This year ASUs OOC is more like B (CU) B- (SJSU) C(SDSU).

DevilPrideBAS

Registered
Reaction score
I am, however saying that ASU routinly picks on a weak team every year in the 1st game..

SJSU won 9 games last year AND a bowl game...where does that leave U of A??? I guess that means BYU picked a real powder puff game this year to start their season off. Go Devils.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SJSU won 9 games last year AND a bowl game...where does that leave U of A??? I guess that means BYU picked a real powder puff game this year to start their season off. Go Devils.

I love your screen name.. Didnt read your post only your name.. DevilPridePAS(Piece A S***) I love it..

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Before we get back on subject: ASU > NAU > UofA

Now back to the game...

Torain looked great today. Him and Keegan are going to really lead this offense. If they can run like they did today, ASU's offense will have no problems scoring points. It really allows Carpenter to be versatile.

Carpenter also looked great. Broke a couple tackles in the backfield to avoid sacks. Name escapes me but #44 on defense also looked great. He was all over the field. Disappointed Brent Miller dropped the pass up the middle. That would have been huge...

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Good Game ASU. Torian looked good as did the mentality it seems Erickson has brought to the table.

Just one game though.......We have all seen this script before.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I love your screen name.. Didnt read your post only your name.. DevilPridePAS(Piece A S***) I love it..

Gee - I'm loving you taking up the Cats cause!

Keep up the good work my man. We wil break these Sun Devils down eventually.....:thumbup:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did quite well for game 1. Contrary to popular belief, San Jose St. is not a true cupcake although ASU certainly had no business losing to them. Tomey is doing a great job up there.

I didn't like the Erickson hire. But, if he keeps his nose clean, and keeps the wins coming, I'll get over it pretty quick.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard