ASU vs. San Jose State Gameday Thread

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Good Game Devils. Sucks being stuck in Tucson, I couldn't find it on the Radio to listen, but I did hear score updates. Great to see our Running Game take charge in the 1st half (at least that is what the stats tell me). I am also very happy to see that Danny Sullivan played in the enough to throw for 72 yards and a TD. That is what blowouts are for - getting the second unit some time (unlike Hawaii, that leaves in Colt Brennan to pad his stats as much as possible, before relinquishing the field for the backup).

I still think Colorado can be dangerous. I just hope we keep the momentum up. Before we know it, we will be playing California... I would like to see us at that point with Zero Losses... I can dream.

As far as the U of A hate - I pull for all Pac-10 teams against non-conference teams. What the crap was that egg? I listened to most of the game on the radio, and was disgusted. I was disgusted in two things, #1 ASU let Max Hall get away, #2 Stoops is just a liar. He isn't raising that program to 'the next level'. That game wasn't as close as the score indicates. Very disappointed in the Cats. They had better win their next two, because then they play California.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Good Game Devils. Sucks being stuck in Tucson, I couldn't find it on the Radio to listen, but I did hear score updates. Great to see our Running Game take charge in the 1st half (at least that is what the stats tell me). I am also very happy to see that Danny Sullivan played in the enough to throw for 72 yards and a TD. That is what blowouts are for - getting the second unit some time (unlike Hawaii, that leaves in Colt Brennan to pad his stats as much as possible, before relinquishing the field for the backup).

I still think Colorado can be dangerous. I just hope we keep the momentum up. Before we know it, we will be playing California... I would like to see us at that point with Zero Losses... I can dream.

As far as the U of A hate - I pull for all Pac-10 teams against non-conference teams. What the crap was that egg? I listened to most of the game on the radio, and was disgusted. I was disgusted in two things, #1 ASU let Max Hall get away, #2 Stoops is just a liar. He isn't raising that program to 'the next level'. That game wasn't as close as the score indicates. Very disappointed in the Cats. They had better win their next two, because then they play California.

I root for UA in bowl games, but before them I don't. I like to see the Pac-10 represented by other teams in the postseason.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice glad the devils won their first game of the season and atleast they didnt take them lightly like michigan did with appst :)

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee, back and forth banter and some taunting can be entertaining. Totally ruining a thread while acting like a troll is annoying.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Possibly started by a BYU fan?

Not unless the first 4 or so people in that thread turned their alliengance from ASU to BYU over the nite..

But I asked about what happened here in these threads and found out what happened..

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not unless the first 4 or so people in that thread turned their alliengance from ASU to BYU over the nite.

There are a lot of ASU fans who are also BYU fans. But you may be right ... there are a lot more ASU fans who are also UA haters (and vice versa).

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The really bad thing for SJSU was not only did they get blown out, but they lost their top running back Yonus Davis to an ankle injury on the first carry of the game. Davis' backup hurt his knee earlier in the week so they're now down to a 3rd string RB who was a WR until a few days ago, and they may convert a safety back to RB depending on what the MRI shows on Davis' ankle.

He had 1 carry 1 yard and said he heard something pop in his ankle. SJS is not a really deep team so with the backup out this might destroy their season.

ndjmc

Do or Do not.
Reaction score
The Devils looked great especially for a first game. I am very excited for this season and I cant wait for the next game...Hope I will be at the game instead of in front of my computer....

Big ups to all the Sun Devil (and for the most part, the SOBER U of A fans) who came to talk football..And not start stuff without a reasonable argument....:devil: GO DEVILS!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard