ASU Got Exactly What They Deserved... The Holiday Bowl

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? Not even 10 years ago the Wildcats were in the same bowl the Sun Devils are going to play in this year where they defeated the Cornhuskers.. No point of reference? http://www.holidaybowl.com/game-history/1998.html So.. Its either you can admit we do have a right to critisize or the bowl game the Devils are about to play is meaningless..

Oh, and look at UofA's record that year.. 11-1... Hhhhmmm.. Looks like a successful football team to me.. Eventually being 12-1 after beating Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl..

;)

Don't you get it, Gee? That bowl is UA's crowning achievement in the Pac-10. The reason ASU fans are disappointed is because we know better. The Holiday Bowl is small consolation. This is the third time ASU's been to the Holiday Bowl since joining the Pac-10.

I can't help it if UA fired the guy that took them to 7 bowl games (more than half of all of UA's bowl visits) and you haven't seen a bowl since then. You should be a little upset ASU didn't get into the Fiesta because it means UA lost a couple of million dollars in compensation from the Pac-10 bowl revenue sharing plan. How will you ever buy out your coach without that money?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be a little upset ASU didn't get into the Fiesta because it means UA lost a couple of million dollars in compensation from the Pac-10 bowl revenue sharing plan. How will you ever buy out your coach without that money?

:biglaugh:

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't you get it, Gee? That bowl is UA's crowning achievement in the Pac-10.

So you agree with me then? Just going to a bowl is not the greatest accomplishment.. Until ASU wins it all in the championship bowl its pointless.. And honestly, I was even this way when UofA was going to bowl games, I could care less if UofA goes to bowl other then the national championship one.. But ASU fans seem stuck on this bowl fascination..

And you also just cut down the importance of this Holiday Bowl in your post for every ASU fan.. NICE! :D