ASU Got Exactly What They Deserved... The Holiday Bowl

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to ask yourself.. Who have they beaten? Anyone? Someone? Who have they beaten in order to deserve the Fiesta Bowl? No one, thats who.. All they did was happen to be semi good in an akward college football season.. In fact, the Holiday Bowl may be too good of a bowl for them..

Sorry.. Had to be said..

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I LOVE ASU...die hard through & through...but I'm not upset about it at all. They weren't as good as their record, plain & simple.

And UofA was better than their record. I really thought we'd lose that game. Told my oldest brother that beforehand, as a matter of fact (he went to UofA for a short while, and wanted to talk some smack...kinda took the wind out of his sails).

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And once again...for the millionth season in a row, UofA got exactly what they deserve.

HooverDam

Reaction score
No one is better or worse than their record, they are exactly equal to their record, thats why its their record. You can't say "well what if X had changed in game Y then the team would be (some other record)?" Well, that didn't happen, so its irrelevant. ASU went 10-2, had a great season, and is deserving of a top 15 ranking. The only reason they didn't go to the BCS is because the Rose Bowl decided to go with the traditional Big 10-Pac 10 match up over taking a higher ranked team.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And once again...for the millionth season in a row, UofA got exactly what they deserve.

But UofA fans arent belly aching about anything right now.. We knew we werent good enough for a bowl.. :D

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with ASU playing in the Barry Sanders Bowl. It is usually a good game. San Diego beats El Paso. :)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I hadn't heard yet...what bowl did U of A get to? Oh really...no bowl game again? Nine years in a row, I wouldn't be gloating about anything if I were a U of A football fan.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im starting to think the Holiday Bowl is good of a bowl for the Devils..

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A UA's fan criticism of ASU football is about as meaningful as an ASU fan's criticism of UA basketball. It's hard to be constructive and fair when you have no point of reference to success.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A UA's fan criticism of ASU football is about as meaningful as an ASU fan's criticism of UA basketball. It's hard to be constructive and fair when you have no point of reference to success.

Really? Not even 10 years ago the Wildcats were in the same bowl the Sun Devils are going to play in this year where they defeated the Cornhuskers.. No point of reference? http://www.holidaybowl.com/game-history/1998.html So.. Its either you can admit we do have a right to critisize or the bowl game the Devils are about to play is meaningless..

Oh, and look at UofA's record that year.. 11-1... Hhhhmmm.. Looks like a successful football team to me.. Eventually being 12-1 after beating Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl..

;)

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee - we all remember that year.

11-1 and STILL no Rose Bowl for the Cats !!

:thumbup:

:sparky:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is laughable.

If you had told most ASU fans (myself included) that the teams (U of A and ASU) would be 6-6 and 10-2 respectively at the end of the season - most would have predicted that Stoops' U of A team would be 10-2 and Erickson's ASU team 6-6.

10-2 and the Holiday Bowl for a first year coach? I'll take it.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is laughable.

If you had told most ASU fans (myself included) that the teams (U of A and ASU) would be 6-6 and 10-2 respectively at the end of the season - most would have predicted that Stoops' U of A team would be 10-2 and Erickson's ASU team 6-6.

10-2 and the Holiday Bowl for a first year coach? I'll take it.

I dont think so.. I read alot of ASU fans making wild predictions the day Erickson was hired.. And it shows if you listen to the callers on talk radio or read any given message board out there.. The ASU fans are in a ***** over being snubbed by the Fiesta Bowl.. At the very least, they felt it was their birth right to be in the Fiesta..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard