Assuming the Ping Pong Balls treat us as normal....

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You are right. They have him PF/SF which bothers me a bit. The SF part.

Hachimura is one of those guys I could see working out for someone...but not the Suns. Despite being an upperclassman, he's still raw. He's kind of a tweener; not going to solve our rebounding and rim protection problem at power forward.

Basically, he's a top prospect based on potential and he's not a good fit for the Suns. Unfortunately, at least one of those things is an issue for almost every player in this draft after Zion and Ja.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
So the Pelicans give up Davis in order to move up one spot in the draft? Seems, er, unlikely.

Maybe I am not reading the proposal correctly, but I think they also get Warren and an unprotected 2020 pick. West is tough, and I'd say there is no guarantee the Suns would make the playoffs the first year.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So the Pelicans give up Davis in order to move up one spot in the draft? Seems, er, unlikely.
and they get another #1 and Warren, but it is really all about replacing Davis with Zion. Its all about Zion. They have to move up to get him.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Maybe I am not reading the proposal correctly, but I think they also get Warren and an unprotected 2020 pick.

An unprotected pick from a team that starts with Davis, Booker, Oubre, and probably Morant? That doesn't move the needle, and neither does Warren. The proposal is absurd.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
and they get another #1 and Warren, but it is really all about replacing Davis with Zion. Its all about Zion. They have to move up to get him.

But they don't have trade Davis for pennies on the dollar. For your proposal to make sense, they'd have to prefer Williamson plus basically nothing over Morant plus whatever they can get for Davis. It's just not realistic.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ja might be as important to this team as Zion would be. If we do not get a top two pick, I would consider trading up. If we get the top pick, I would listen to offers to trade down to #2 or #3 but ONLY for Ja. But it would have to be a REALLY good offer.

This would be intriguing. Let's say the Suns get the top pick and the Pelicans get #2. Zion is better than any single player the Pels are going to get in exchange for AD.

#1 (Zion), Suns 2020 #1 (unprotected), TJ Warren

for

AD and #2 (Ja)

AD would have to commit to resign here. Rip away. Its my best effort.

there is no WAY they throw in #2 pick in that trade. Zion, Suns 2020 and Warren for AD they'd probably do in a heartbeat, especially if they have the 2nd pick.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m sorry you should not trade Zion for anyone, except maybe giannis, maybe.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry you should not trade Zion for anyone, except maybe giannis, maybe.

I would say the same thing about Anthony Davis but if you're forced to move on from him, Zion would be one of the few names I'd consider in a value for value deal. Sure, Zion is still untested but I don't think you can find a better return than Williamson for Davis.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lol i floated this around with a buddy today too. Whoever does get the number 1 pick had a golden ticket for AD. Not saying anyone should trade Zion for AD but if they wanted to, im sure Pels would be all over it.

To me though, this is the year we confirm if lottery is rigged. A guy like zion is perfect to put NY back on the map, to me the decision is made hes going to NY. Just like Lakers skipped Suns for perfect Lonzo position.

Cant they just literally draw straws for lottery on live TV? Why have some crazy back stage contraption.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
To me though, this is the year we confirm if lottery is rigged. A guy like zion is perfect to put NY back on the map, to me the decision is made hes going to NY. Just like Lakers skipped Suns for perfect Lonzo position.

Exactly what I was thinking. If NY gets the number 1 overall, its definitely rigged.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol i floated this around with a buddy today too. Whoever does get the number 1 pick had a golden ticket for AD. Not saying anyone should trade Zion for AD but if they wanted to, im sure Pels would be all over it.

Cant they just literally draw straws for lottery on live TV? Why have some crazy back stage contraption.

Alternatively, if it is rigged then there is no chance in hell the NBA wants to trust Sarver with Zion's career. The Suns offer the most attractive package of players surrounding him but that doesn't mean much with Sarver behind the scenes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the lottery was rigged the Suns wouldn't have received the number 1 pick in the 2018 draft.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There's no way the lottery is rigged. It would just be stupid. Sure, it would be profitable for the NBA if Zion ends up in NY, but if the scheme was exposed it could destroy the league. The essence of the league, competition, is gone. It's scripted at that point. It becomes the WWE. That is the NBA's worst nightmare. No way the owners risk that.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Alternatively, if it is rigged then there is no chance in hell the NBA wants to trust Sarver with Zion's career. The Suns offer the most attractive package of players surrounding him but that doesn't mean much with Sarver behind the scenes.
I'm sure the NBA will rig a #metoo moment, or some other threat/scandal to get Sarver out if that happens! :)

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There's no way the lottery is rigged. It would just be stupid. Sure, it would be profitable for the NBA if Zion ends up in NY, but if the scheme was exposed it could destroy the league. The essence of the league, competition, is gone. It's scripted at that point. It becomes the WWE. That is the NBA's worst nightmare. No way the owners risk that.

I do generally agree with this, im not a conspiracy guy but watch this

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So the point of this thread, was anyone can be the GM if you get the first pick in the draft like this. It's what do you do if you slide out of your ideal candidates? That's when a good GM is worth his salt.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
I don't think it is rigged every year but to think there has never been or will never be a rigged draft is naive.