Assuming the Ping Pong Balls treat us as normal....

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
OK, last year we had the ping pong balls favor us. Normally, it seems we end up worse than where we neded up with the ping pong balls. My son and I have been having fun with, assuming we end up second worst playoff record. Assume the ping pong balls knock us down to sixth in this draft. Now GMs, what do you do? I also assume no one is beating down the door for the sixth pick in the draft, so no wild scenarios where we end up with Steph Curry and Klay Thompson for the sixth pick. LOL. So assume you have to make a pick at number six. who do you pick?

We have our own first round pick, and a second round pick.
You have about $25 million in practical cap space. Remember to save some for the rookies! :) Sixth pick is just over $4 million.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have our own first round pick, and a second round pick.
You have about $25 million in practical cap space. Remember to save some for the rookies! :) Sixth pick is just over $4 million.

Might want to add we own the Bucks pick going forward as well. There is protection on it this year, #1-3 and 17-30 but next year it's top 7 protected and unprotected in 2021. I think it will convey next year unless something major happens in Milwaukee.

That pick doesn't hold a ton of value but it does hold some, IMO. It's more valuable than some 2nd round picks.

I would trade the Bucks pick, our own pick, and our 2nd rounder to move up to grab Ja Morant. I think we have the ability to do that, similar to the Mavericks moving up for Doncic. It depends on where we land and who lands ahead of us. It'll be easier if he's on the board at #3 because Zion and Reddish are going #1 and #2, which is a possibility. I would also be willing to include Melton and/or Okobo, if both are needed then so be it. If we can't trade to move up for Ja then we should start looking at what that pick could net us in a trade around the league. There aren't a lot of PG's that will be available through trade because the FA is pretty deep with PG, those that aren't FA next summer are the stars that the #6 pick couldn't net us anyways.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Might want to add we own the Bucks pick going forward as well. There is protection on it this year, #1-3 and 17-30 but next year it's top 7 protected and unprotected in 2021. I think it will convey next year unless something major happens in Milwaukee.

That pick doesn't hold a ton of value but it does hold some, IMO. It's more valuable than some 2nd round picks.

I would trade the Bucks pick, our own pick, and our 2nd rounder to move up to grab Ja Morant. I think we have the ability to do that, similar to the Mavericks moving up for Doncic. It depends on where we land and who lands ahead of us. It'll be easier if he's on the board at #3 because Zion and Reddish are going #1 and #2, which is a possibility. I would also be willing to include Melton and/or Okobo, if both are needed then so be it. If we can't trade to move up for Ja then we should start looking at what that pick could net us in a trade around the league. There aren't a lot of PG's that will be available through trade because the FA is pretty deep with PG, those that aren't FA next summer are the stars that the #6 pick couldn't net us anyways.

Gonna take a lot more than that to move up and get Morant. Nobody is trading Morant for a package like that your giving up next years 1 and any combo of Warren, Jackson, Bridges

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If we have the 6th pick I’m taking Garland. Elite ball handler and shooter. This is assuming we can’t get a good return in a trade of the pick.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
#1 we pick Zion
#2-3 we pick Barrett or Morant - maybe best to trade Barrett down to get Morant and a little something instead
#4+ we take Morant or Garland

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
What I found interesting is that most mock drafts have SF and center listed in the 5 through about ten range! Right where we drop! LMAO. Just what we need. Another SF!

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I dont think Suns can drop outside top 5 can they? At least thats how it was last year.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I dont think Suns can drop outside top 5 can they? At least thats how it was last year.

Add 4 to wherever they end up and that's the lowest they can draft. The lottery is now for the top 4 picks, so if they have the worst record, the lowest they go is 5. If they stay second worst, they could drop as low as the 6th pick.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
1- Zion
2 -3 - RJ or Ja
4-5 Coby White, Hachimura

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
1- Zion
2 -3 - RJ or Ja
4-5 Coby White, Hachimura
You pick White that high? Hachimura gives us two good centers! LOL! Maybe twin towers? Get Ayton to be more dealy on outside shots?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
#1 we pick Zion
#2-3 we pick Barrett or Morant - maybe best to trade Barrett down to get Morant and a little something instead
#4+ we take Morant or Garland
This is the one I agree with. I am intrigued by Bol Bol though. Just not sure where to draft him. That kid is like a more developed Mo Bamba. He will be a sleeper in this draft.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the one I agree with. I am intrigued by Bol Bol though. Just not sure where to draft him. That kid is like a more developed Mo Bamba. He will be a sleeper in this draft.

really big big man with bad feet already? pass.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You pick White that high? Hachimura gives us two good centers! LOL! Maybe twin towers? Get Ayton to be more dealy on outside shots?
This morning ESPN was discussing white’s ascension to top 5 pick.

Hachimura is a swing-PF forward. Where you get center I have no idea.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ja might be as important to this team as Zion would be. If we do not get a top two pick, I would consider trading up. If we get the top pick, I would listen to offers to trade down to #2 or #3 but ONLY for Ja. But it would have to be a REALLY good offer.

This would be intriguing. Let's say the Suns get the top pick and the Pelicans get #2. Zion is better than any single player the Pels are going to get in exchange for AD.

#1 (Zion), Suns 2020 #1 (unprotected), TJ Warren

for

AD and #2 (Ja)

AD would have to commit to resign here. Rip away. Its my best effort.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ja might be as important to this team as Zion would be. If we do not get a top two pick, I would consider trading up. If we get the top pick, I would listen to offers to trade down to #2 or #3 but ONLY for Ja. But it would have to be a REALLY good offer.

This would be intriguing. Let's say the Suns get the top pick and the Pelicans get #2. Zion is better than any single player the Pels are going to get in exchange for AD.

for

AD and #2 (Ja)

I don’t know, BOS was rumored to offer a package centered around Tatum.

I would think it would take more than Zion, Warren & another #1 to get AD.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

for

AD and #2 (Ja)

AD won’t commit to resign with phx. But if he would, that would be a no-brainer.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AD won’t commit to resign with phx. But if he would, that would be a no-brainer.
I think it would be a win for both teams. I wonder if you could actually get AD to commit. Here is what I would do. I would make that trade and then I go after Rose as a FA. Because of his injury history, I think he will be fairly reasonable. That means that Melton and Okobo are also expedendable.

Your starters would be: Rose, Booker, Oubre, AD, Ayton
But the bench would be: Morant, Tyler, Bridges, Jackson, Holmes

You might be able to sell AD on that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Here it is. About 2 minutes in.

I went into the NCAA Tournament thinking Zion and Morant. Nothing has changed

However, Kabengele and Clarke have really caught my eye as later picks.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
AD asked out of New Orleans because he was tired of playing for a loser. Over the last five seasons, we have the worst cumulative record in the NBA. Why the hell would he re-sign here?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard