Assuming no Harbaugh/Payton, who do you want?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The problem with all these 'sources' right now is a majority of them are just clickbait hyperbole forming conjectures from opinions two months old as if they are news and legit... the more infor on the net now, the less information it seems

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Bieniemy has to be the answer here. That dude is well trained, and comes in with a major chip on his shoulder. And I bet he gets some pretty high quality assistants from the Reid tree. PLUS!!!!! He would probably sign here.
He previously refused an interview in AZ...plus check Daves post regarding Bienemys rap sheet.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bieniemy has to be the answer here. That dude is well trained, and comes in with a major chip on his shoulder. And I bet he gets some pretty high quality assistants from the Reid tree. PLUS!!!!! He would probably sign here.

I thought we tried to interview him the last time and he declined.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He previously refused an interview in AZ...plus check Daves post regarding Bienemys rap sheet.
In case people didn't click through to the article....
Lost in his success with the Kansas City Chiefs is Eric Bieniemy’s rap sheet of poor decision-making:
  • February 1998: According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Colorado police arrested Bieniemy and teammate Kanavis McGhee after a bar fight. Bieniemy was charged with disorderly conduct and fighting in public, but he pleaded no contest. He and McGhee received deferred sentences and performed court-mandated community service.
  • July 4, 1990: According to the Orlando Sentinel, Bienemy pleaded no contest after allegedly shoving a firefighter. The University of Colorado Boulder suspended Bieniemy for one game in the upcoming season.
  • September 1993: Colorado police arrested Bieniemy, then in the NFL. The Orlando Sentinel reports that Bieniemy allegedly grabbed a female parking attendant by the neck and threatened her. The University of Colorado Boulder banned Bieniemy from its campus for one year as a result.
  • April 2001: According to the Daily Bruin, Colorado police arrested Bieniemy on a DUI charge, three months after he joined the football staff as a running back coach. He previously had his driver’s license suspended after numerous violations.
  • Bieniemy was also linked to allegations that Colorado’s football program “used alcohol and sex to lure recruits.” ESPN reported in 2004 that the university discovered there was evidence of drugs and alcohol being used to “entice recruits,” but no university officials were guilty of misconduct.
...dave

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Frank Reich is probably the best realistic option. Although he had about as good a season as Kliff and crew with less than half the injuries.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Leftwich was fired along with Wilks, Bieniemy declined to interview last time. I doubt they would come here.
Frank Reich=meh.
We really need someone that can put Kyler and the other divas on the team in their place.
A bad ass MF that would yell at Kyler to calm the f*** down!

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Leftwich was fired along with Wilks, Bieniemy declined to interview last time. I doubt they would come here.
Frank Reich=meh.
We really need someone that can put Kyler and the other divas on the team in their place.
A bad ass MF that would yell at Kyler to calm the f*** down!
It sounds like you want us to hire Matt Patricia

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know it’s a bunch of folks on the older side on this forum, but one day you guys will realize that this isn’t middle school football or Army basic training & coaches will just yell at these men like there they’re own child.

This ain’t the “well back in my day” mentality you want it to be.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I know it’s a bunch of folks on the older side on this forum, but one day you guys will realize that this isn’t middle school football or Army basic training & coaches will just yell at these men like there they’re own child.

I'm on the younger side in comparison to the rest of the board, and I think you'll realize that there's a middle ground, where these young men need to see some accountability.

A kid like Kyler needs to grow up a bit. Coaches will have to push him. Interested to see where our approaches go, man.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I know you're young, but one day you'll realize Kyler and the rest of this team needs accountability and a firm hand from a coach who is also able to communicate effectively with them. You don't have to hyperbolize about the boomers on here (I am not one myself) and attribute to all of them the desire for a spit-flying, screaming disciplinarian head coach. Perhaps a few are of that mindset, but I think most are simply against an environment of rampant entitlement.

It's like when the AMC CEO said they were going to make cell phone friendly theaters, likening asking millennials to turn their cell phones off to losing a limb. The resultant backlash led to a change in policy and huge apology, because there's understanding, and then there's idiotic entitlement. We've had the latter; we can have the former while still building a culture of accountability.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I know you're young, but one day you'll realize Kyler and the rest of this team needs accountability and a firm hand from a coach who is also able to communicate effectively with them. You don't have to hyperbolize about the boomers on here (I am not one myself) and attribute to all of them the desire for a spit-flying, screaming disciplinarian head coach. Perhaps a few are of that mindset, but I think most are simply against an environment of rampant entitlement.

It's like when the AMC CEO said they were going to make cell phone friendly theaters, likening asking millennials to turn their cell phones off to losing a limb. The resultant backlash led to a change in policy and huge apology, because there's understanding, and then there's idiotic entitlement. We've had the latter; we can have the former while still building a culture of accountability.
Tell him like it is bro, I ain't young either lol.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Cell phone use amongst the young is an addiction that needs publicly funded return-to-health programs. (lol)

Nothing proves this quite like watching them checking their phones as they trudge through a snow blizzard. :D

It struck me as funny when the 'tin foil hat' brigade was saying that there was a ploy to insert trackers in the Covid vaccine.

Why bother with the expense, I thought, when people will actually pay to be tracked via their cell phones.

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Here are some candidates I think should be considered. Not household names but they have made a mark where they are at.

Ejiro Evero, Defensive Coordinator, Broncos
Evero made his first appearance on our list last year. While Denver is still working its way through a new quarterback acquisition, the defense has been dominant. Denver is third in passing yards per attempt, tied for second in passing touchdowns allowed and fourth in first downs allowed via the run. Evero comes from the Rams, where he was the defensive passing game coordinator for the 2021 Super Bowl team. He was one of McVay’s initial hires in L.A. back in ’17.

Brian Callahan, Offensive Coordinator, Bengals
Callahan interviewed for the Broncos’ vacancy a year ago, a job that ended up going to Nathaniel Hackett. Players rave about Callahan’s demeanor and the way he can grip their attention in meeting rooms. Joe Burrow praised the offensive staff as one that effectively avoids micromanaging. The son of legendary offensive line guru Bill Callahan, Brian held various coaching assistant roles in Denver during the Peyton Manning era before taking QB-centric roles in Detroit (2016–17) and Oakland (’18). One former NFL coach who knows Callahan well says Callahan “has a great personality, is really smart, relates to players well and is creative.” Bengals head coach Zac Taylor tells us: “One of the smartest guys I’ve ever been around. He has a tremendous IQ, his background growing up in a coaching home, all the success he’s experienced. … He brought that to Cincinnati to help us become a winning team.”

Ben Johnson, Offensive Coordinator, Lions
Any time you hear the m-word—“McVay,” that is—thrown around in a conversation about coaches, your ears perk up. Johnson, who is not from the McVay coaching tree but is viewed as an up-and-coming young offensive mind, has carved out a niche as a future offensive trendsetter all on his own. The former walk-on QB at North Carolina broke into the NFL back in 2012 with the Dolphins and has helped the Lions transform into the second-highest-scoring offense in the NFL through three weeks. If there is a surprise name in this cycle, it will be Johnson’s. He also worked under a hard nose HC in Dan Campbell.

Ken Dorsey, Offensive Coordinator, Bills
The Bills’ offensive coordinator is picking up right where Brian Daboll left off. Fiery? Sure. Talented? No doubt. Dorsey was on staff for the near-undefeated, NFC champion 2015 Panthers as well.

Mike Kafka, Offensive Coordinator, Giants
Kafka was behind Eric Bieniemy in Kansas City and needed an opportunity to break out. Unfortunately for Kafka, Bieniemy never got a head coaching job despite a good deal of interviews. Potentially the next hire off the Andy Reid tree, Kafka is already making his mark in East Rutherford, letting loose Saquon Barkley and helping repair the damage sustained by Daniel Jones after a few rough seasons.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Reich is probably the best realistic option. Although he had about as good a season as Kliff and crew with less than half the injuries.

I like Reich too I think he was the classic good coach who when he didn't have a good QB was still competitive but couldn't get over the hump.

Not saying he should be the guy but like I said I fully expect us to chase after and not get Payton so then you have to have plan B etc and I'm sure ours are going to be similar to others, Ben Johnson, Steichen, Ken Dorsey. Reich will likely be on that list.

REmember he was the Eagles OC when they won the SB

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

So well written..thank you. Then we have The Big Man who yesterday said (sic) he would discuss the head coaching hiring with KM. Please share your thoughts on where you think this fits on the "brains continuum?"

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
  • "Bieniemy was also linked to allegations that Colorado’s football program “used alcohol and sex to lure recruits.” ESPN reported in 2004 that the university discovered there was evidence of drugs and alcohol being used to “entice recruits,” but no university officials were guilty of misconduct."
i know a walk-on Colorado football player from that era. While i never heard Bienemy's name mentioned specifically, the stories he tells are something. Suffice it to say, they were bad for that time, and terrible for the current era.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I like this thought but I’m not certain he fits with turning Murray around. He’s very defense oriented. That is not to say the Cards‘ D doesn’t need tons of work. I just think trying to fix Murray has to be priority one.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sure. But this regime allowed the inmates to run the prison. I remember the “big story” of players being allowed phone time. So stupid. You’re at work. Leave your damn phones in the locker. Is that being to tough?