As we approach the All-Star break...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The Dbacks are in the midst of a torturous stretch of 18 straight days of games, with a day off at the end of that stretch before hitting the road for 6 straight to close out the first half! Man baseball is truly the quintessential GRIND!

Looking at the team and where they rank in certain key categories, it remains a minor miracle that this team remains in first place, or even above .500 for that matter. In Major League rankings, they are:

- Dead last in batting average
- Dead last in hits
- 23rd in OPS

But, they are middle of the pack in Runs and in the top 3rd for hitting with RISP and top 10 for hitting with RISP & two outs.

Their collective pitching has more often than not, been more than good enough. They are:

- 5th in ERA (though the starters are 15th)
- 7th in WhiP (starters are 13th)
And they've given up the 5th fewest runs...

Anyway, I just can't see how they can survive the rest of the season with an offensive this pathetic. Can Hazen pull off a miracle and snag Machado? If he can't, I have a hard time seeing this team in the post season this year...

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Sure, but all of a sudden the Dbacks have the 3rd best record in the NL and the 4th highest run differential. I thought this team was dead in the water a few weeks ago but now they're succeeding. IF AJ comes back, Lamb heats up and Ray returns to form why can't they make the post season?

People have all been making fun of the NL west but the Dodgers are currently the second wild card.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson