Arizona Cardinals sign OL Dennis Daley

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How come when you pull out a PFF grade to say someone is a decent player everyone be like

You must be registered for see images attach

But when you want to rag on the team for signing someone you don't like y'all be like

You must be registered for see images attach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Denis Daley is not a good tackle but...

He's better at Guard and can cover multiple positions.

I expect his deal will be cheap, really one year, very little guarantees and that he might not even make it through camp.

We need 15+ OL for camp and one that has 36 league starts is better than guys like Danny Isodora and the usual camp fodder.

On saying that I would have brought Coward back instead. I thought he did ok in his limited games late last year.

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't agree with what we are doing but I guess I understand. With that being said, I'm starting to become seriously concerned with our GM and his ability to evaluate talent. This guy was horrible last year and Monti had a front row seat. He awarded him with a new contract. Throw in the questionable behavior and this doesn't make any sense haha.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Didn’t need to fix it. IT DOESN’T MATTER! This is a full blown rebuild. For the most part All these guys we are signing will be cut next year.
I will consider this season a success if we have a top 3 pick next year with 10 picks and 80m in cap space.
Considering we have no db’s, no d-line, a thin o-line, a Wr room of dwarfs, a non existent rb room and a Qb that will miss part of the season this year is a lost cause.
This is what the new regime has to START with. One, two of 5 “ average free agents are not going to turn this team around. If you can’t contend for a playoff spot then let’s compete for a top draft pick and as much cap space as we can create.
Look at the Lions two years ago and the Bears last year. This is who we are in 2023.
Let's have this guy out there protecting Kyler when he comes back into the team. Solid plan.

Reactions: PJ1

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Tada!! I’ve seen this guy in college and despite all the games at tackle; he’s a guard and a left one at that. He anchors strong in pass protection. As a run blocker he can pull decently for screens and can get some second level blocks. He is a solid drive blocker at the line. He has long arms that can help with stunts. He needs to work on snap alertness, blocking assignment reads and penalties. He’s 6’5” so Murray won’t easily see over him. This is not just camp fodder. If his confidence isn’t destroyed, he can play. He may not win the starting slot, but I like the 2 year contract. He’s going to surprise if he’s still the player he was in college.
This is why I think he was signed. Monti had to see and think that he could be a good LG. He clearly was the worst LT in football from his stats but he has great size. Hopefully his contract was cheap and he shows that he can play guard.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's have this guy out there protecting Kyler when he comes back into the team. Solid plan.
We are a ways away before we have to worry about that. I’m kinda thinking we will bolster this o-line in the draft. I also think we will have enough cap space to pick up post June 1st cuts and final camp cuts.
All I’m saying is we are two weeks into the season. Just a wee bit early to go freaking out about anything. There will be 90 guys brought to camp and I don’t believe we are anywhere near that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At LT, yes.

Fortunately he probably won't have to play LT with Humphries and Josh Jones on board.

This is really the main point.

Daley only plays LT and LG. We already have Hump and Jones so he's obviously not been brought in to have anything to do with playing tackle.

He's this years Cody Ford. I'm happy for the coaches to have a look at a guy that is only 26 and see if they can improve his game and if not, then I don't expect he will make the final roster.

I quite like them bringing in these younger guys that have struggled elsewhere that qualify for cap relief. If they stick they only cost you $860k in year 2. If they fail they cost you barely anything to cut.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is really the main point.

Daley only plays LT and LG. We already have Hump and Jones so he's obviously not been brought in to have anything to do with playing tackle.

He's this years Cody Ford. I'm happy for the coaches to have a look at a guy that is only 26 and see if they can improve his game and if not, then I don't expect he will make the final roster.

I quite like them bringing in these younger guys that have struggled elsewhere that qualify for cap relief. If they stick they only cost you $860k in year 2. If they fail they cost you barely anything to cut.
For so many people calling for tanking, stripping it down and rebuilding there is a lot of freaking out around here.
We are going to lose and lose a lot this year. I’m hoping this regime can rebuild it right. We will see. I’m not about to come to some kind of conclusion 2 weeks into the new year.

We are now the 2021 Arizona Lions and the 2022 Arizona Bears. Embrace it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Didn’t need to fix it. IT DOESN’T MATTER! This is a full blown rebuild. For the most part All these guys we are signing will be cut next year.
I will consider this season a success if we have a top 3 pick next year with 10 picks and 80m in cap space.
Considering we have no db’s, no d-line, a thin o-line, a Wr room of dwarfs, a non existent rb room and a Qb that will miss part of the season this year is a lost cause.
This is what the new regime has to START with. One, two of 5 “ average free agents are not going to turn this team around. If you can’t contend for a playoff spot then let’s compete for a top draft pick and as much cap space as we can create.
Look at the Lions two years ago and the Bears last year. This is who we are in 2023.
Copying the Bears and Lions in not historically a good idea.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know we have discussed your feelings on a QB on a rookie deal and a roster than can't support him, but how is not supporting your 45 mil QB any better?

When said quarterback is rehabbing an ACL and going to miss a bunch of games.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Tada!! I’ve seen this guy in college and despite all the games at tackle; he’s a guard and a left one at that. He anchors strong in pass protection. As a run blocker he can pull decently for screens and can get some second level blocks. He is a solid drive blocker at the line. He has long arms that can help with stunts. He needs to work on snap alertness, blocking assignment reads and penalties. He’s 6’5” so Murray won’t easily see over him. This is not just camp fodder. If his confidence isn’t destroyed, he can play. He may not win the starting slot, but I like the 2 year contract. He’s going to surprise if he’s still the player he was in college.
Yeah...disagree because his game as a pro is not what it was in college.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose