Arizona Cardinals sign OL Dennis Daley

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Didn’t need to fix it. IT DOESN’T MATTER! This is a full blown rebuild. For the most part All these guys we are signing will be cut next year.
I will consider this season a success if we have a top 3 pick next year with 10 picks and 80m in cap space.
Considering we have no db’s, no d-line, a thin o-line, a Wr room of dwarfs, a non existent rb room and a Qb that will miss part of the season this year is a lost cause.
This is what the new regime has to START with. One, two of 5 “ average free agents are not going to turn this team around. If you can’t contend for a playoff spot then let’s compete for a top draft pick and as much cap space as we can create.
Look at the Lions two years ago and the Bears last year. This is who we are in 2023.
I think your premise is wrong. While those teams jettisoned some high priced older talent they didn’t eschew all talent altogether. That’s what this team seems to be doing. As I stated before, if you sign a player to a two+ year contract you get them for than just the tank season with the added benefit of them getting to learn the system before the 2024 season (shocking I know). And if you think adding a few average players to this squad is going to disrupt the tank this season I think you severely overestimate the current talent on this team.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Daley has also started at LG which is an open position.
Tada!! I’ve seen this guy in college and despite all the games at tackle; he’s a guard and a left one at that. He anchors strong in pass protection. As a run blocker he can pull decently for screens and can get some second level blocks. He is a solid drive blocker at the line. He has long arms that can help with stunts. He needs to work on snap alertness, blocking assignment reads and penalties. He’s 6’5” so Murray won’t easily see over him. This is not just camp fodder. If his confidence isn’t destroyed, he can play. He may not win the starting slot, but I like the 2 year contract. He’s going to surprise if he’s still the player he was in college.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tada!! I’ve seen this guy in college and despite all the games at tackle; he’s a guard and a left one at that. He anchors strong in pass protection. As a run blocker he can pull decently for screens and can get some second level blocks. He is a solid drive blocker at the line. He has long arms that can help with stunts. He needs to work on snap alertness, blocking assignment reads and penalties. He’s 6’5” so Murray won’t easily see over him. This is not just camp fodder. If his confidence isn’t destroyed, he can play. He may not win the starting slot, but I like the 2 year contract. He’s going to surprise if he’s still the player he was in college.
This gives me hope. Thx Harry.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He played LG for the Panthers in 2021 and had 9 penalties in 9 starts while giving up 3 sacks and grading terribly on PFF.

He also went viral at the end of last season for offering a random woman money for sex on Instagram. Then he continued to make a fool of himself after she called him out for it. He came out of it looking like an idiot, to put it kindly.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
2 things...

1...His name should be Dennis Olé.

2...I'm convinced they are trying to get Colt to retire, before training camp.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yep it's obvious they aren't signing him as a tackle. His play at tackle has been bad, but he's had mixed play as a LG.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He played LG for the Panthers in 2021 and had 9 penalties in 9 starts while giving up 3 sacks and grading terribly on PFF.

He also went viral at the end of last season for offering a random woman money for sex on Instagram. Then he continued to make a fool of himself after she called him out for it. He came out of it looking like an idiot, to put it kindly.
But he was good in college. LOL….

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sounds like a good character/value guy.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
2 things...

1...His name should be Dennis Olé.

2...I'm convinced they are trying to get Colt to retire, before training camp.

I think Colt loves the game and realizes this will be his last chance to be a starter(for perhaps a significant number of games)

But yeah, I have deep sympathy for McCoy, Blough, or anyone else who happens to be our starting QB early this season. Especially since they won't exactly be earning very much money while getting pummeled.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Colt loves the game and realizes this will be his last chance to be a starter(for perhaps a significant number of games)

But yeah, I have deep sympathy for McCoy, Blough, or anyone else who happens to be our starting QB early this season. Especially since they won't exactly be earning very much money while getting pummeled.
In what world is 3,750,000 not much $$?

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
In what world is 3,750,000 not much $$?

For the amount of hits he will take on this perhaps historically bad offense? But yes, 3.7 million is not a horrible chunk of change.

Blough I assume is making far less and will probably be the starter by week 3 or 4.(assuming he ends up the actual #2 at start of season)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Aaaaand right back in the toilet.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably the Cardinals were the last chance for him to get another nfl contract

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

McCoy should retire. For his own good. Plus, his arm is the weakest in the NFL.

Reactions: PJ1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose