Arizona Cardinals @ Las Vegas Raiders pregame thread. 9/11/22-9/17/22

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just looking at the Raider depth chart and it appears to me that the RB and WR positions on the Raiders are better than what the Cardinals faced last Sunday. Adams and Renfro are certainly better than what KC put on the field and I would dare say TE is a wash and Jacobs is certainly the better RB. Yes, I know Mahomes is heads above Carr however if the defense can't get pressure on Carr I just don't see how the defense is going to fare any better and in a hostile environment. Adams was 10/141/1 against a fairly good defense in the Chargers. Are we going to see a 12/200/3 game from Adams this Sunday?
Your comment about playing in a hostile environment confused me. I thought that this week was an away game.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Your comment about playing in a hostile environment confused me. I thought that this week was an away game.
He was speaking about the Cardinals defense performing in a hostile environment this week (vs last week which was a home game - sort of).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Players want a legit chance to make a team. Not to be pumped for info for a week and cut again.
You’re right. He would be much better off sitting at home, unpaid, hoping some team will sign him without ever seeing him practice or getting more film wherever he can. You should be his agent.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Didn't we hear this almost word for word after the playoff loss? Broken record ain't a good look, kid, especially when you aren't prepared to read a defense after accusations of not putting in the work. Losing faith in you by the game smdh

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Simmons technique is absolute garbage.

You can't cover a TE like Kelce running upfield with only lateral movement. He should be backpedaling.

And he massively over commits. He can't cross Kelce and give him the option of easily cutting behind him. His positioning is all wrong.

This doesn't even look like an NFL player. It looks like some random dude threw on a helmet.

And EVERY rep looks like this. How has he got this much WORSE?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm doubting the Hudson trade more and more as time passes.
The worst part of the trade is that Creed Humphrey has become one of the best centers in the league his rookie year AND was available when the Cardinals selected in the third round....meaning the Cardinals could have just signed a cheap vet and drafted Humphrey and saved $10 mil per season.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The worst part of the trade is that Creed Humphrey has become one of the best centers in the league his rookie year AND was available when the Cardinals selected in the third round....meaning the Cardinals could have just signed a cheap vet and drafted Humphrey and saved $10 mil per season.
And got Kyler is college Center.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

You can't cover a TE like Kelce running upfield with only lateral movement. He should be backpedaling.

And he massively over commits. He can't cross Kelce and give him the option of easily cutting behind him. His positioning is all wrong.

This doesn't even look like an NFL player. It looks like some random dude threw on a helmet.

The simple answer is that Simmons isn't a player that you want thinking. Let him be an athlete. Giving him a the green dot is a massive mistake.

As @Chopper0080 has stated in the past, there is a massive disconnect between what Vance needs for his D and what he gets. Simmons and Collins are both OLBs.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Wasn't playing in coverage one of his strong suits coming out of college?
Again, is this something the coaches have coached out of him. Who is to blame for the regression?