Arizona Cardinals @ Las Vegas Raiders pregame thread. 9/11/22-9/17/22

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't we hear this almost word for word after the playoff loss? Broken record ain't a good look, kid, especially when you aren't prepared to read a defense after accusations of not putting in the work. Losing faith in you by the game smdh
Jesus. I get maybe saying that in the moment right after the game but continuing the wake up call narrative two days later shows zero recognition of… eh, who cares.

These guys obviously don’t.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Simmons technique is absolute garbage.

You can't cover a TE like Kelce running upfield with only lateral movement. He should be backpedaling.

And he massively over commits. He can't cross Kelce and give him the option of easily cutting behind him. His positioning is all wrong.

This doesn't even look like an NFL player. It looks like some random dude threw on a helmet.

And EVERY rep looks like this. How has he got this much WORSE?

That particular play is extremely bad - I watched all of his snaps against Kelce and to me it looks like he was over committing to stopping a potential run. He tried to jam Kelce and then take a step toward the LOS for run support. That allowed Kelce to burn him over and over. It could be the coaches telling him to do this because the run defense is so trash, who knows.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That particular play is extremely bad - I watched all of his snaps against Kelce and to me it looks like he was over committing to stopping a potential run. He tried to jam Kelce and then take a step toward the LOS for run support. That allowed Kelce to burn him over and over. It could be the coaches telling him to do this because the run defense is so trash, who knows.
It could be, but I didn't see this team running much zone last week.

Reaction score

If there’s something positive the Cardinals can hang their helmets on after their embarrassing season-opening loss at home to the Chiefs, there’s this: They’re playing on the road this Sunday, where they went 8-1 a year ago.

Not only was that a franchise record, but when it came to road games, the Cardinals led the NFL in points scored (267), total touchdowns (31), rushing touchdowns (12) and passer rating (111.2). Additionally, they had the best turnover margin on the road (plus-18), the most forced fumbles (14) and fumble recoveries (11) and also had the fewest turnovers (3).

Can that type of success carry over to this week's road opener at the Raiders?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave