Arians to Cardinals fans: ‘It ain’t worth’ selling your tickets

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone please explain what a PSL is?

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Can someone please explain what a PSL is?

Personal Seat License

You pay for a license to have the right to buy season tickets. So you pay the PSL. Then you have to pay for the tix. They are a cash grab, usually to the tune of thousands of dollars.

I believe some teams even make you pay them just to be placed on a waiting list, but I don't know that for sure.

You can transfer them though, so your kids could inherit the right to buy your seats and keep them in the family. I don't believe Cards ticket accounts are transferable, are they?

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious as to how much a PSL costs. Probably different at each venue. Is it a one time fee, like a country club?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Curious as to how much a PSL costs. Probably different at each venue. Is it a one time fee, like a country club?

When Met Life Stadium in NJ was set to open, every seat in the house required a PSL at the tune of $5K per seat. The Giants' waiting list went from being 20+ years deep to empty. The Giants are such a tradition that ticket owners would bequeath their tickets in their wills. When the PSL's hit, families who season tickets for generations quickly lost them. The real butt burner is that tax money is often used to fund these stadium under the threat of relocation then the teams have the audacity to charge these same tax payers the PSL's. Thanks to PSL's the actual fan is priced out of the building. And yes they're a one time fee. Thankfully my Eagles season tix didn't require a PSL however if I ever want to move to the first level I'm going to have to buy a PSL from someone. Here's a site selling PSL's(or SBL's as they call them meaning Stadium Building Licenses) for The Linc. Prices range from $250-$35,000. Then you have to buy the tickets. Ridiculous.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
It is easy to blame the ticket brokers. But remember, they lost money on the Cards for many years and are now reaping the rewards. However, there is even a larger audience most don't think of. Yes, the dreaded season tickets holder who has purchased season tickets over and above their own. They attend every game but reap a great profit from the extra tickets they sell during the year. This helps finance their own season tickets. They attend every game but allow the visiting fans to subsidize their own season tickets. Think this is rare, think again.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
YES, you can. And because you sell three games ( most likely to opposing teams fans ) you will be fairly criticized by many who believe you are a sell-out

He owns them. He can do with them what he wants.

I stay away from trying to judge motivations / situations that I only the tiniest of view into.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or I can be a smart consumer and find a way to get my tickets essentially for free (or even profit), and still get the experience of going to most of the games.

This has nothing to do with quality of "fandom" or not being able to afford other things in my life; it's all economics.

Correct.

I didn't sell my tickets to the Vikings game but I am not going to pretend and say that "There is no price I would sell these tickets"

Mine is probably higher than others but there is a price.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:yeahthat:

Since the Cards moved here, I've missed two games - both preseason - due to deaths in the family. My tickets went to Skkorpion one game and AzCards21 the other game. As it should be.

As a teenager in high school, I'd just hang around SDS and buy an extra ticket if I didn't have one. Sometimes, I'd luck out and someone would just give me an extra. Have had season tickets all but one year since 1993. Our seats are cheap, but they get us in the building. No amount is going to replace the game day experience for us. Great memories of being at so many big games.

We bought our Super Bowl tickets from jstadvl. His wife got an extra pair from her workplace and sold them to us for face value.

You are the one person that gave me pause from saying "Anybody would sell their tickets for some amount. That amount is just negotiable."

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are the one person that gave me pause from saying "Anybody would sell their tickets for some amount. That amount is just negotiable."

He would… Brian can preach all he wants but if the number was large enough he would sell.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My Dad would never and I wouldn't want him to. If the amount was THAT high, that would mean the game was THAT BIG and he'd never miss a game that important. (He's also completely clueless how to sell anything, but even if he did, he wouldn't pass up going to a massive game. He's not wired that way and neither are me, Ouchie or Brother-Not-Ouchie).

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a season-ticket holder living in SoCal. I can't always make it to the games (I missed the first 3 games this season, due to business trips), so I either give my tickets away to family/friends or sell them at face value to other Cardinals fans.

I saw BIGRED1959 bringing up the suggestion of buying single-game tickets instead. I've entertained that thought for a couple of seasons, and it makes sense for a person in my situation. I haven't gone this route, at least not yet. I like the fact that I have seats I can feel like I call my own. I'm familiar with my seats, my section, and the other season-ticket holders around me. There are a lot of the same great fans around me that I've seen for years. These people really enhance my experience at the games, and I don't know if I'd enjoy the games the same way without them.

As for people selling their tickets to opposing fans, I just don't see anything wrong with it. We're talking about professional sports...entertainment. These players know what to do, and they'll adapt and get over it. If they want us to feel like some fans are part of the problem, then maybe they just aren't quite ready to be a championship-caliber team.

A little off topic...Can someone tell me what the benefit is for scalpers to try to buy extra tickets off of people after the game's already started? I've seen this a couple of times and always wondered about it.

babedimancheff

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
who gives a damn what coach says? he makes a million watching guys catch balls.

If I can make 4 digits selling tickets. I'll do it

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I'm a season-ticket holder living in SoCal. I can't always make it to the games (I missed the first 3 games this season, due to business trips), so I either give my tickets away to family/friends or sell them at face value to other Cardinals fans.

I saw BIGRED1959 bringing up the suggestion of buying single-game tickets instead. I've entertained that thought for a couple of seasons, and it makes sense for a person in my situation. I haven't gone this route, at least not yet. I like the fact that I have seats I can feel like I call my own. I'm familiar with my seats, my section, and the other season-ticket holders around me. There are a lot of the same great fans around me that I've seen for years. These people really enhance my experience at the games, and I don't know if I'd enjoy the games the same way without them.

As for people selling their tickets to opposing fans, I just don't see anything wrong with it. We're talking about professional sports...entertainment. These players know what to do, and they'll adapt and get over it. If they want us to feel like some fans are part of the problem, then maybe they just aren't quite ready to be a championship-caliber team.

A little off topic...Can someone tell me what the benefit is for scalpers to try to buy extra tickets off of people after the game's already started? I've seen this a couple of times and always wondered about it.
My guess: tax write of to show less net income? Maybe have stubs to sell if something historic happens?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He would… Brian can preach all he wants but if the number was large enough he would sell.

Negative.

Like I said - our seats are cheap and get us in the building. Not going to sell our admission to the show.

There is no situation where we would sell our seats and not go to a game.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Dad would never and I wouldn't want him to. If the amount was THAT high, that would mean the game was THAT BIG and he'd never miss a game that important. (He's also completely clueless how to sell anything, but even if he did, he wouldn't pass up going to a massive game. He's not wired that way and neither are me, Ouchie or Brother-Not-Ouchie).

:thumbup:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Negative.

Like I said - our seats are cheap and get us in the building. Not going to sell our admission to the show.

There is no situation where we would sell our seats and not go to a game.

:biglaugh:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just looked at Cardinal season tickets. Are they really that cheap? For what I could pay for upper level midfield seats for the Cards I'm paying for corner endzone seats in Philly.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What is so funny? Just a different mentality. Money doesn't motivate us as much as living life and being at events/games.

If someone wanted to give us an outrageous amount of money, the only way we'd sell is if we had other seats already in hand to get us in the building. We are going to the game - period.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just looked at Cardinal season tickets. Are they really that cheap? For what I could pay for upper level midfield seats for the Cards I'm paying for corner endzone seats in Philly.

Our seats are $25 each - uppers in the corner. We just use them to get in the building.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My corner end zone are $30 a game. Row 2

chickenhead

Reaction score
Fans are absolutely selling their tickets. I have gone to enough games to have a good idea of where the "Broker sections" are. What happened with the Vikings was fan driven.

Just win though and the demand goes away.

It'll be interesting, because if they win, I'm guessing the demand increases: it's just a question of who's willing to pay more--Cardinals fans or visitors. Someone else mentioned that local fans have the option of attending other games. Personally, I'd love to see a marquee matchup, but the Cards are whom I want to see: I'd probably be happier paying a lot less to see a different game (especially a divisional game).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison