Are the Suns the 4th team involved

Waysouth

Veteran
Reaction score
in the Dwight Howard trade? Nets are looking at sending Marshon Brooks to a 4th team to acquire another draft pick to send to Magic.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
in the Dwight Howard trade? Nets are looking at sending Marshon Brooks to a 4th team to acquire another draft pick to send to Magic.

I would gladly do that for them!! Generosity!! :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out of the kindness of my heart. :D

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
That would be phenomenal!!! In a heartbeat. I'd check with N.O. to guage if they really intend on matching, or if a S&T can be worked out. If not, then I call N.J. and tell 'em we're in with picks for Brooks.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The good news is, everyone knows that the Suns are dealing and that they have extra picks and cap room, so it's pretty much a given that they'll be part of any conversation like this. That doesn't mean that they'll get a way to improve the team out of it, but they'll at least be offered into the deal.

thehamnegger

Reaction score
I just read the Milwaukee Bucks are potentially one the teams that will offer it's 2013 1st round pick for Brooks.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Brooks just had a 0-10 game in summer league, no way I'd give up a lottery pick for him. top 20 protected yes

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What are the Clippers gonna do with all these guards?

CP3, Bledsoe, Billups, Crawford and now Brooks?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We should preserve cap space to be facilitators while we are rebuilding, but I am not wild about this particular situation. I would not want to give up much for Brooks.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Billups will be injured at least for a quarter of the season, so I don't think having 5 players for 2 positions is that big of a deal. We'll have the same if we get Gordon.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What are the Clippers gonna do with all these guards?

CP3, Bledsoe, Billups, Crawford and now Brooks?

I think Billups has one foot in the grave and the other leg has a torn achilles, and Crawford is the worst of the worst of the worst. There should be minutes to spare.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Apparently the Clippers are the Mystery 4th team in the Dwight Howard trade as of now. The Clips are giving up a Lottery Protected 1st rd pick in exchange for getting Marshon Brooks from the Nets. Can't believe the Suns aren't in this deal. If I were the Suns, I'd call em up and offer the '13 Suns Top 8 protected pick (or '13 Lakers unprotected pick) along with the Suns and Lakers '13 second rd picks for Brooks - dependant on the Hornets matching Gordon's contract. Better yet would be to pull Gordon's contract offer, make the trade for Brooks and sign OJ Mayo to a deal. Brooks is still on his rookie deal and can play the 2/3 spots. Just as good offensively and rebounding wise as Dudley but not as defensive minded. Future would definitely be brighter with Brooks and Mayo added to what the Suns are doing than to add Gordon IMO.

As far as Brooks going 0-10 in Summer League today, I think that has more to do with him knowing he's being shipped out of town.....and SOON. Once he knows where he's going, he'll play way better in Summer league.

**Per Hoopsworld......
First off, a fourth team might be necessary to complete the deal, which HOOPSWORLD’s Alex Kennedy just reported is a distinct possibility. (ESPN’s Chad Ford reported that the Clippers would be the fourth team, giving up a lottery protected first-round pick in exchange for MarShon Brooks. The Nets would also get Chris Duhon in this arraignment while the Magic would get point guard Armon Johnson from the Nets. The Clippers have yet to agree to anything.)

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would try and get in on Kris Humphries. We need a rebounder and Humphries certainly fits the bill. I'm sure he'll sign for a reasonable amount, he is looking for something more than a 1 year deal. He is still young (will be 28 when season starts) and actually can play a little defense. Definitely better than Frye & Morris and would look next to Gortat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson