Anyone else nervous about next Tuesday?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not nervous about the lottery but lets not drop out of the top 4 ok?

I see your point guard selections are Morant and Garland. I'm more of a Colby White fan partly because of Garland's knee injury.

Do you see much space between them? I like also like White's height. Maybe he will resemble Shai.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I see your point guard selections are Morant and Garland. I'm more of a Colby White fan partly because of Garland's knee injury.

Do you see much space between them? I like also like White's height. Maybe he will resemble Shai.
Why do you keep calling him "Colby"? :)

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would anyone here trade Ayton to get the #1 pick? I'm curious. I know trading Bridges isn't something that anyone wants to do but I think most would if we could combine Bridges with our pick for the #1. What I'm asking though is a straight trade, Ayton for the #1 pick. We keep our own pick, which lands at #4. So Ayton for Zion, straight up, yes or no?
Hmmnm. Not to trade up to #1 but straight up for the #1--yeah, I would think about it really hard.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I doubt any GM trades Zion for Ja though--no matter what comes back. Zion is hugely marketable. Young flamboyant players create lots of bank.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would anyone here trade Ayton to get the #1 pick? I'm curious. I know trading Bridges isn't something that anyone wants to do but I think most would if we could combine Bridges with our pick for the #1. What I'm asking though is a straight trade, Ayton for the #1 pick. We keep our own pick, which lands at #4. So Ayton for Zion, straight up, yes or no?

Yes I would, but there is no way anyone with the 1st pick would do that.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ayton a lot, but i think Zion's upside is better.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Which is exactly why we won't trade the pick if it's 4 or worse. Everyone seems convinced we'll trade it, but I don't know if we'll see any takers--it's not like we're the only ones who don't see any value in those picks. And even if we DID trade it, even with throw-ins like Warren, I doubt teams are going to offer much for it.
I agree. Outside the top three picks, I think most teams stay home and use their own pick. It's too rich to move up. Arguably, we are the one team with TWO glaring needs. So if anyone moves up in this draft, it would have to be us.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yes I would, but there is no way anyone with the 1st pick would do that.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ayton a lot, but i think Zion's upside is better.
Ideally the team with the first pick would be idiots to trade, but if they REALLY needed SFs..... :)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Obviously but no team in their right mind would consider trading the pick. Zion is the best prospect since KD (arguably) and is basically the anti-Ayton in terms of playing with competitive fire and wanting to embarrass everybody.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So would I trade Ayton for Zion, straight up? Yes. Absolutely yes. I believe Zion will have more impact over his career than Ayton. I am glad to have Ayton, but . . .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think they sign the BPA with whatever #1 pick they get--unless they can trade the pick for a player of need. I am convinced that Cam Reddish will be a bust. I would be OK with Garland. He is a swing for the fences type of pick. He has such a small sample size of college work, he could surprise. Not sure about Coby.
I’m a flat NO on Reddish

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think people will be surprised to see me say this, but I’m pretty torn on trading Ayton for Zion. I actually don’t think I do it. Could bite me in ass down the line.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ideally the team with the first pick would be idiots to trade, but if they REALLY needed SFs..... :)

Do any lottery teams have a vacant GM position? Someone needs to hire Isiah Thomas immediately! If there are 2 teams in need of a GM then Billy King needs work also.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Zion is special, no doubt about it, but I don't think I'd be comfortable with him as our star going forward, not enough to trade Ayton for him. He should be a great pro and has higher upside than Ayton does but I still worry that he's a knee injury or two away from being just pretty good. I don't think he'll bust. At worst, he's probably a likable version of Draymond Green but at best he's got Rodman's defensive skills and Barkley's offense combined with young Shaq's personality and likability. After watching Amare be robbed of his athleticism though I wouldn't wager our future to get a front seat to see it happen again.

So no, I wouldn't trade Ayton for Zion. I think another team might consider if the Suns made the offer but I don't know if another team would gamble on that though. Since the Suns are sending Ayton as their lottery representative it would be a really bad look to send him, get #2 to be able to take Ja, and trade Ayton to whoever for the pick to take Zion.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think people will be surprised to see me say this, but I’m pretty torn on trading Ayton for Zion. I actually don’t think I do it. Could bite me in ass down the line.

Straight up? It could bite you whichever way it went but I'd definitely make that trade. I'd do it just based on the non-stop energy that Zion brings to the game. We don't know how well his game will adapt to the NBA but his effort/defense alone will make him a plus player so I think I'd gamble on his higher up-side.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

I have not updated my signature in months and I am not really thinking about it at this point before the lottery.

Coby White was not on my radar for a high pick at the time but yeah he looks like he could be a decent fit next to booker.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I'm with you. I would rather add talent to Ayton, assuming he remains a double-double machine with the agility to stay healthier than the average big man.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Um. We are in that quiet period just before a big game. Everyone is thinking about it but they do not want to talk about it anymore.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably good Josh Jackson is not representing the Suns at the lottery with the recent charges.

Then again, he might not have been where he was, if he was representing the Suns.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Adding a non-Morant rookie PG as our big acquisition won’t end well. To be fair I didn’t like SGA because I thought he was too raw and that doesn’t look like a good take atm so I’ll keep an open mind if we get Garland or White.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Garland is represented by Klutch. That would be difficult for me since I do not want anything for Klutch to work out well. This whole recent scenario is fun to watch because Klutch AND the Lakers are stumbling.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard