Antonio Brown to Cardinals? Trade speculation for Steelers wide receiver includes Arizona

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree, that first pick in the 2n round is very valuable. Cards can get a good player that may have dropped or lots of teams may want to move up and give the Cards several draft picks.
that's the main thing. If we do not trade our first, it is pretty much guaranteed teams will be slamming down our door trying to get the first pick in the second round.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
in 2020 when holds out because he’s only making 12 mil and even less the following year we’ll have to deal with that

I agree that this is a risk...….. maybe even a certainty

part of me wonders if AB sees this as a way to get a new contract as the Steelers simply don't redo deals

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
A.B. is not the kind of challenge you want to give CKK. If an experienced dude like Mike Tomlin wants him gone, you have to question how a
rookie coach would deal with him and his issues.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A.B. is not the kind of challenge you want to give CKK. If an experienced dude like Mike Tomlin wants him gone, you have to question how a
rookie coach would deal with him and his issues.

I agree. Unfortunately for the Steelers, I think Tomlin coddled AB & in the process, enabled AB to become the discontent he currently is.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No no no . We finally have salary cap room. Do we really want to spend that money on. A wr who will probably hold out the following year because he is “ only “ going to be making 11 m? And he WILL hold out.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No no no . We finally have salary cap room. Do we really want to spend that money on. A wr who will probably hold out the following year because he is “ only “ going to be making 11 m? And he WILL hold out.

Well to be fair there are people that want to sign Fitz to keep playing for 10-12 mill per year... if AB is making 11 he should hold out.... That being said we shouldn’t touch this guy with a 50 foot pole.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
fortunately....cards are only in on the speculation because media types believe Larry is retiring.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well to be fair there are people that want to sign Fitz to keep playing for 10-12 mill per year... if AB is making 11 he should hold out.... That being said we shouldn’t touch this guy with a 50 foot pole.
I get the Fitz thing but his value in the locker room can’t be downplayed. And if fitz comes back I believe he will have one of his better years because defenses won’t be able to focus on him. Of course that is assuming we add some help at wr.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Those who don't want AB for a 2nd round pick are nuts.

A 2nd round pick has less than 50% chance to have an impact on a NFL roster and you wouldn't give that up for the best WR in the league? :doi:

An offense with Fitz, Brown, Kirk, and Johnson...……….yea, I could see not wanting that. I'd rather draft the next Troy Niklas than have AB on the roster.

The last 10 #33 picks :
Austin Corbett
Kevin King
Emmanuel Ogbah
Landon Collins
Xavier Sua Filo
Travis Kelce- finally a legit player
Brian Quick
Ras-I Dowling
Rodger Saffold
Louis Delmas

:lmao:. Other than Kelce, I'd trade all the others for Brown.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that this is a risk...….. maybe even a certainty

part of me wonders if AB sees this as a way to get a new contract as the Steelers simply don't redo deals

An aside but I'm guessing there will be far less holdouts in 2020 than normal unless things change. The claim is the current contracts being signed make it appear quite likely there's going to be a lockout or strike in 2021. Richard Sherman said that months ago but it's apparently common knowledge now, teams are putting protections against it in contracts.

That being the case, I would imagine a guy like Brown would think twice about holding out because if the team calls his bluff, he might be unpaid for longer than a year with the lockout or strike.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fitz is worth $12 million a year for his leadership abilities alone.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Those who don't want AB for a 2nd round pick are nuts.

A 2nd round pick has less than 50% chance to have an impact on a NFL roster and you wouldn't give that up for the best WR in the league? :doi:

An offense with Fitz, Brown, Kirk, and Johnson...……….yea, I could see not wanting that. I'd rather draft the next Troy Niklas than have AB on the roster.

The last 10 #33 picks :
Austin Corbett
Kevin King
Emmanuel Ogbah
Landon Collins
Xavier Sua Filo
Travis Kelce- finally a legit player
Brian Quick
Ras-I Dowling
Rodger Saffold
Louis Delmas

:lmao:. Other than Kelce, I'd trade all the others for Brown.

I agree with everything you said except not marking Landon Collins as a legit player. 3 time pro bowler and an All-Pro and I wouldn’t trade him for AB either. Last year in a down year AB had 104 catches and 15 TDs. We’d be lucky to get that kind of production ever from Kirk IMO and he’s only 30. Fitz, if he returns, is 35 and at the same salary as AB. The whole prima donna stuff I can overlook if he’s putting up numbers. Leveon Bell did the same thing for the same franchise so maybe it’s the franchise :shrug:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you'd rather replace Fitz with a cancer? Not to mention that we underpaid Fitz for years.

Underpaid??? WTF are you speaking of? He has made and been paid more money than any WR in NFL history??

Please quote where I said I wanted a cancer or AB? Follow along...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I would give up a 2nd and a 4th for AB. If Fitz comes back, we’d have a WR trio of AB, Fitz, and Kirk. That turns a position of weakness into a position of strength instantaneously. I’d take the locker room risk for his talent.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You do what you have to to get him and keep Fitz. I don't know what most of you were watching when we were throwing to our WR but it was pathetic. Get it done
AIR RAID

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard