Chandler Jones trade speculation continues for Cardinals: Will he play in Arizona in 2021?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Chandler Jones trade speculation is not going away for the Arizona Cardinals. The star defender was recently included in trade speculation involving the Miami Dolphins and star cornerback Xavien Howard, but that's not the only team Jones has been linked to in recent speculation. Several other NFL teams have been discussed by writers as possible destinations for Jones, should Arizona try to trade the edge defender who is one of the NFL's best at sacking the quarterback.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unlike many here, I would not be opposed to trading him for the right package.

Xavien Howard had 10 interceptions last year, is 27 years old, and was named number 55 on the NFL top 100 list last year.

I would have to seriously consider that if he is really on the table.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just add it to the rest of the nonsense pile. It's just offseason BS for the BS merchants

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not believe for one second that we will trade him unless he wants unreasonable money and really, he can ask for a lot of money and it would not be unreasonable.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do not believe for one second that we will trade him unless he wants unreasonable money and really, he can ask for a lot of money and it would not be unreasonable.

Really? Are there a lot of examples of 32 year olds who lead the league in sacks?

He wants to be paid like that though - and he is only getting older.

Am I the only fan who remembers how bad he looked last season before he got hurt? I feel like I am. But I think the Cardinals front office remembers.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? Are there a lot of examples of 32 year olds who lead the league in sacks?

Am I the only fan who remembers how bad he looked last season before he got hurt? I feel like I am. But I think the Cardinals front office remembers.
I'm not going to change my entire perception of him over a 4 game stretch with lots of pressure but no sacks. It's a long season. I never said he would lead the league in sacks. I respect your differing opinion. We'll see what happens. We have no idea what he wants to be paid like and I'm not in the business of assuming what people want.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Unlike many here, I would not be opposed to trading him for the right package.

Xavien Howard had 10 interceptions last year, is 27 years old, and was named number 55 on the NFL top 100 list last year.

I would have to seriously consider that if he is really on the table.

This may be the unpopular but correct take.

Last edited:

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

This. He was invisible. But I attributed it to bicep issues, because if I'm not mistaken he tore his bicep directly after that. The dude was lifting too much and it cost him basically a year and a half.

Worth noting: Adub had the same injury right before he became invisible and his career was basically done.

Fun fact: If you do roids, you'll sometimes literally sheer the meat off the bone, because tendons don't develop the same way as muscle does on steroids.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This may be the unpopular but correct take.
No, it is not the correct take by far if we are all in or this staff simply wants to save their jobs and make the playoffs. Chandler alone is not a serious threat if sub-par from his past performance, but him, Watt, Golden and especially a guy like Gardeck (if he progresses from his injury) makes this front formidable. You have to stack that box with talent where the whole makes each legit. You make him happy and do not concern yourself with the secondary on the outside because the game is no longer fair to coverage guys but pressure still rules (hence the Bucs vs Mahomes for all the marbles)... pay the man :)

Reaction score
This. He was invisible. But I attributed it to bicep issues, because if I'm not mistaken he tore his bicep directly after that. The dude was lifting too much and it cost him basically a year and a half.

Worth noting: Adub had the same injury right before he became invisible and his career was basically done.

Fun fact: If you do roids, you'll sometimes literally sheer the meat off the bone, because tendons don't develop the same way as muscle does on steroids.

Link?