Antonio Brown to Cardinals? Trade speculation for Steelers wide receiver includes Arizona

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Highly doubt they will take a 3rd or less.
Then we should not make a trade a second it’s too hot in a first is definitely too high for a 31-year-old wide receiver with head case issues

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wouldn't. Just that fact that this offense should be able to do more with less. Save the cap space and draft picks and use it on other players .

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interestingly enough Jerry Rice is saying AB wants to be a 49er. So it may be the Cards interest is in part, blocking the 49ers?

I love Brown, I should preface that by saying I don't think Brown is being a primadonna, or popping off because he's a jerk, I think he saw what happened to Leveon Bell and decided if I want to get out of here, I need to make myself a pain in the neck so they decide to trade me. That may be immature, but playing hardline didn't work for Bell, the Steelers let him sit the whole season. There's apparently been lots of friction between Big Ben and some of the Wr's on that roster in recent years, not sure why, but it's been reported on before.

I wouldn't give too much for Brown, he's not young, but he's still an elite guy and if we got him he'd have the chance to work with Larry even if Larry does retire. Part of his interest in SF is apparently working with Rice.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If you are open to trading back in round 1, it would make a bunch of sense. I get why people would be hesitant, but he was three good years left and Rosen has three years before his rookie deal is up.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Depends on the price but Cooper got a first round pick and he's head and shoulders better than Cooper

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on the price but Cooper got a first round pick and he's head and shoulders better than Cooper

Can’t compare... Amari Cooper is 24 not 31 and Physycally more gifted than AB. But the age gap is just too huge for you to even try to compare what a draft pick compensation would be

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you’re Keim you need to talk to the Steelers . It’s a position of need, would give us a big name receiver as well. Would probably take our 2nd tho.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t compare... Amari Cooper is 24 not 31 and Physycally more gifted than AB. But the age gap is just too huge for you to even try to compare what a draft pick compensation would be

And the Cowboys were desperate at the time.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
intrigued

his cap charge wouldnt be bad

2019: $15.1
2020: $11.3
2021: $12.5

contract covers him ages 31-33. Ought to be productive for at least two of those years.

tricky part: they owe Antonio a $2.5 mm roster bonus on the 5th day of the league year (March 18 or so) ( in the 2019 cap charge) -- so i guess he has to be traded before that day

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
intrigued

his cap charge wouldnt be bad

2019: $15.1
2020: $11.3
2021: $12.5

contract covers him ages 31-33. Ought to be productive for at least two of those years.

tricky part: they owe Antonio a $2.5 mm roster bonus on the 5th day of the league year (March 18 or so) ( in the 2019 cap charge) -- so i guess he has to be traded before that day
Yep. And in 2020 when holds out because he’s only making 12 mil and even less the following year we’ll have to deal with that. Don’t forget the rants on the sidelines when he starts screaming at rosen and Kingsbury.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
His attitude is screaming ‘flame out.’

Personally, I can’t get over the Facebook live ********.

BB will likely never sign him, cuz homie don’t play that ish.

That said, I trust SK and MB to make the right decision. If the trade is made, I’ll trust their judgment.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Unless a team gets a great deal for Brown, (like a 3rd rounder or less) then I don't see any team making a move until after free agency. It doesn't make sense to pull the trigger when you may be able to fill the position adequately from FA. Yes, I know he's an exceptional WR however he also comes with baggage and age.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our second rounder is actually a 1st, so I would never, ever give up that. Since we'd need a stretch limo to fit all his "baggage" into, I'm not even sold on giving up a 3rd rounder. Short term, AB could get us in position to make the playoffs next year, OR he could be the reason our franchise burns to the ground. That's the risk involved.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our second rounder is actually a 1st, so I would never, ever give up that. Since we'd need a stretch limo to fit all his "baggage" into, I'm not even sold on giving up a 3rd rounder. Short term, AB could get us in position to make the playoffs next year, OR he could be the reason our franchise burns to the ground. That's the risk involved.

Agree, that first pick in the 2n round is very valuable. Cards can get a good player that may have dropped or lots of teams may want to move up and give the Cards several draft picks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson