Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Lou Anarumo

Votes: 62 72.1%

• Total voters

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Two things:
— Could the Cards be waiting for Super Bowl’s finish to interview a candidate who is not yet available for an interview? Wouldn’t be disappointed with that scenario.
— Read yesterday that VJ had been told that he was no longer a finalist and that he could look for other opportunities. Is this true. Only seen the one reference.
Why do people keep asking this? No, this couldn't be the reason. They've already been allowed to have interviews. The Colts did two rounds of interviews with one of these candidates already.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If that's the case they would be incompetent because they could have interviewed them in one of the playoff windows.
Maybe they see Steichen's offense & how many hits Jalen Hurts takes then say hell no lol. They know Kyler wouldn't last very long in that offense, even though Steichen could adapt.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe they see Steichen's offense & how many hits Jalen Hurts takes then say hell no lol. They know Kyler wouldn't last very long in that offense, even though Steichen could adapt.
A good friend of mine is a long time Eagle fan. He doesn't like Steichen because he constantly has Hurts running and that is why he got injured and missed several games this year.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If that's the case they would be incompetent because they could have interviewed them in one of the playoff windows.
Bro, this is my biggest worry about this hiring process. Neither of these guys were blocked from interviews. Why is this taking so long?

Peter Schrager always gives the Cards a pretty solid take, and he was the first one to mention Anarumo as a coaching candidate for ANYONE, wondering why he hadn't had a single request. The next day? The Cards request Anarumo. I get worried that Mikey B is watching TV for suggestions.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
A good friend of mine is a long time Eagle fan. He doesn't like Steichen because he constantly has Hurts running and that is why he got injured and missed several games this year.
To be fair, Hurts didn't injure a body part that's crucial to his running, although it hurts his left shoulder when he runs. But... they're on the cusp of a championship. If you only get four years out of the guy, but he wins the super bowl, it's worth it.

Obviously qualifying that statement with the guy's long term health in mind.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bro, this is my biggest worry about this hiring process. Neither of these guys were blocked from interviews. Why is this taking so long?

Peter Schrager always gives the Cards a pretty solid take, and he was the first one to mention Anarumo as a coaching candidate for ANYONE, wondering why he hadn't had a single request. The next day? The Cards request Anarumo. I get worried that Mikey B is watching TV for suggestions.
The Cardinals history would lead us to believe something sounding crazy like that lol. Watching t.v to find candidates. However, I think Monti is in his ear with this hire, Bidwill does keep things close to the vest, Anarumo may very well have been on the radar & it was just a coincidence it was announced the next day they asked permission to speak to him. I really think Monti & Sears will do well drafting for us, I've read & heard too many things. Never did I hear anyone rave about Keim as a GM lol. Well, he did win the one GM of the year award but we all know he sucked lol.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinals history would lead us to believe something sounding crazy like that lol. Watching t.v to find candidates. However, I think Monti is in his ear with this hire, Bidwill does keep things close to the vest, Anarumo may very well have been on the radar & it was just a coincidence it was announced the next day they asked permission to speak to him. I really think Monti & Sears will do well drafting for us, I've read & heard too many things. Never did I hear anyone rave about Keim as a GM lol. Well, he did win the one GM of the year award but we all know he sucked lol.

The GM of the year award people were drunk in the mid teenies.

2012 - Ryan Grigson
2014 - Steve Keim
2015 - Dave Gettleman
2016 - Reggie McKenzie
2018 - Ryan Pace

Ouch

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Anarumo and would be pleased with his hiring. I have no problem with the long time frame for hiring a HC, IMO the only exciting candidate was Payton. I don't regret losing out on any of the other ones. I did like Flores but watched a YouTube interview he had when he was the HC of the Dolphins and felt that he was not a very good speaker. I know that means nothing. It just had me wondering if he doesn't come across very well in a job interview. Just my two cents.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The addest part of this is that both these 2 are the guys most likely to keep Vance Joseph.

Kafka hasn't been around long. He has very little connections on the defensive side. Very easy for him to stick with the guy in place.

And Amurumo has worked with Vance before, they know each other and no reason to think Amurumo won't want to keep him. The other option for Amurumo is James Bettcher.

Sad.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lou then. Let’s see who his OC is though

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The addest part of this is that both these 2 are the guys most likely to keep Vance Joseph.

Kafka hasn't been around long. He has very little connections on the defensive side. Very easy for him to stick with the guy in place.

And Amurumo has worked with Vance before, they know each other and no reason to think Amurumo won't want to keep him. The other option for Amurumo is James Bettcher.

Sad.
VJ has to go no matter what

There's no way MB can sell keeping him in any capacity

Stout

Reaction score

Sad.
Will you be upset if he does keep VJ?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Will you be upset if he does keep VJ?

Yeah. I've seen that defense and anyone that keeps Billy Davis as LB coach after seeing what he's done with our LB's need to go.

On a personal level I like Vance, he seems like a good dude and I hear he loves Arizona and wants to stay. And I don't think he's terrible, he's had a couple of decent years and even the most jaded of us must admit we didn't really give him the tools. But he's also not great.

But I've seen enough of that. I think the players need a change of voice. The only guy on the defensive side I'd consider keeping is Matt Burke. Who seems to have done a decent job on the D line last year and Zach Allen stepped up. But otherwise that whole staff is meh.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bettcher as DC if Amarumo gets it. He's the current Bengals linebacker coach and the only one of Amurumo's staff with DC experience. He was Amurumo's boss at the Giants.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
Yeah. I've seen that defense and anyone that keeps Billy Davis as LB coach after seeing what he's done with our LB's need to go.

On a personal level I like Vance, he seems like a good dude and I hear he loves Arizona and wants to stay. And I don't think he's terrible, he's had a couple of decent years and even the most jaded of us must admit we didn't really give him the tools. But he's also not great.

But I've seen enough of that. I think the players need a change of voice. The only guy on the defensive side I'd consider keeping is Matt Burke. Who seems to have done a decent job on the D line last year and Zach Allen stepped up. But otherwise that whole staff is meh.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bettcher as DC if Amarumo gets it. He's the current Bengals linebacker coach and the only one of Amurumo's staff with DC experience. He was Amurumo's boss at the Giants.
I will roast the Cards to no end if Bettcher becomes DC. It will be nuclear war up in here lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What do we have for potential staff then?

HC: Amarumo
DC: Bettcher?
OC: Pitcher or Mike Shula?

HC: Kafka
DC: Joseph?
OC: Mike Groh or Matt Nagy?

These are just guys they are connected with from previous jobs that would be available. I don't like the idea of just hiring guys you know? Why not open it up to everyone?

Why not Johnson or Patullo from the Eagles? Or Curry from the Saints? Open it up. Take a few weeks and get the right guys.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will roast the Cards to no end if Bettcher becomes DC. It will be nuclear war up in here lol

Any particular reason why? His defense here was 2nd in 2016 and 3rd in 2017. Although he had a good roster.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is there really anyone available that would make a huge difference by their name? Are you excited if he brings in Leftwich?
Maybe he can poke someone from another team as a promotion. Like Arians did with Bowles and look how he became.

I remember the board was mad he picked Bowles from Philly and now the rest is history.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Maybe he can poke someone from another team as a promotion. Like Arians did with Bowles and look how he became.

I remember the board was mad he picked Bowles from Philly and now the rest is history.
Bowles spent time with Arians at Temple. I don't know that Lou has that wide of a network.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose