American Horror Story (FX)

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
We liked it. And I don't know why people are complaining about it being a different premise, or some of the same actors playing different roles. Did you complain when it wasn't Forrest Gump stuck on the island in Castaway? (Actually, that would have been pretty awesome.)

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I actually think that would be a cool idea ...... you take "character" actors and fit them into different scripts, story lines - there could be some flexibility until you find a defining role, but from there that's it ..... type cast for life (or maybe allowed to try something else every 10 years or so.....)

not sure where you'd start with hanks - but I'll choose Big

He'd pretty much be that kid growing up through Turner & Hooch (Baskin & Hooch?), Sleepless in Seattle onto Philadelphia where the character reaches the end of their rope

Then onto forrest gump - who goes into space and then voices the Toy Story movies but somehow crosses his prior movie when he dies in WWII searching for Private Ryan as Captain Gump

Would we make him take his "You've got mail" character to the green mile and then onto Castaway?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Instead of considering it a series with seasons, why not just call it a mini-series? Whatever they call it, I think it's a really refreshing format.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the concept of new stories each season with the same actors.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the second episode was stronger than the season premier. Mixing aliens with the religious supernatural seems a bit odd. It'll be interesting to see how they tie it together.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dont think they're trying to tie it together. I think they're placing completely disparate horror stories all under one roof. Its kind of awesome.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Aliens, religious supernatural, scientific mutations, Nazi war criminal, psychopathic killer, teenagers impersonating killers. This season has every corner of the horror genre covered. It'll be interesting to see how they develop each story line and tie them together. I hope the writers haven't bitten off more than they can chew. I'm entertained so far.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season 3 will be called:

American Horror Story: Coven

Frances Conroy, Taissa Farmiga, Jessica Lange, Lily Rabe, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe are set to return. Kathy Bates will be an addition to the cast.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Season 3 will be called:

American Horror Story: Coven

Frances Conroy, Taissa Farmiga, Jessica Lange, Lily Rabe, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe are set to return. Kathy Bates will be an addition to the cast.

I read that they're shooting it on location in Salem Mass.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
apparently the production of the show itself is a horror story. They shoot down in Nola where my show is and it sounds like a production run off the rails... 18 hour days, 6 day shoot weeks, everyone's miserable... but if they put a good show on the air, no one (outside of that poor crew) will care.

I'm interested to watch this season. couldn't get into S2 or 3.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
apparently the production of the show itself is a horror story. They shoot down in Nola where my show is and it sounds like a production run off the rails... 18 hour days, 6 day shoot weeks, everyone's miserable... but if they put a good show on the air, no one (outside of that poor crew) will care.

I'm interested to watch this season. couldn't get into S2 or 3.

I have read almost everyone complaining about the loud music drowning out the dialogue - isn't that something they test before airing?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching it tonight. Have it on DVR. I really enjoy the show and the fact each season feels so different. I don't think they could just keep doing the same story over and over. Looking forward to this.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have read almost everyone complaining about the loud music drowning out the dialogue - isn't that something they test before airing?

That should definitely be taken care of during spotting. Maybe it's a stylistic choice, or a screw up with what got on the air. Might also be because they were STILL shooting episode 1 rewrites as late as two weeks ago and didn't have time to do the best sound editing before picture/sound lock. Shooting two weeks before air date is unheard of... Could have made for a less then finished product that hit the air last night.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
User's home theater setup could be a culprit as well.

We tried every setting. Finally turned off surround sound and just went with TV sound, made it a little better, but not much.

And I know it is not just us - have read dozens of complaints on multiple sites saying the exact same thing.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That should definitely be taken care of during spotting. Maybe it's a stylistic choice, or a screw up with what got on the air. Might also be because they were STILL shooting episode 1 rewrites as late as two weeks ago and didn't have time to do the best sound editing before picture/sound lock. Shooting two weeks before air date is unheard of... Could have made for a less then finished product that hit the air last night.

Damn - that is cutting it close.

I would hope it was in error because Jessica Lange was drowned out.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We tried every setting. Finally turned off surround sound and just went with TV sound, made it a little better, but not much.

And I know it is not just us - have read dozens of complaints on multiple sites saying the exact same thing.

I remember having to turn my subwoofer way down during the show the last two seasons. I didn't notice it as much last night as you did, however. I will pay closer attention next week because the sound setting problem you speak of has been an issue for me in the past.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Damn - that is cutting it close.

I would hope it was in error because Jessica Lange was drowned out.

If you're talking about during her singing number, then we didn't get that at all. Maybe just different carriers?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz