American Nightmare (Netflix)

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
This was a very interesting watch. I remember this case back when it was in the news, then the story seemed to disappear. had no idea it turned out like this. Pretty F-ed up.....

‘American Nightmare’: Netflix Exposes Denise Huskins’ ‘Gone Girl’ Case​

Netflix’s three-part true crime docuseries explores the abduction of Denise Huskins and how law enforcement and the media branded her “Gone Girl”

STOP US IF you’ve heard this before, but there’s a true crime docuseries on Netflix that has tongues wagging. The appetite for such endeavors appears bottomless; it seems we really enjoy depraved and aberrant behavior so long as we can hit pause and take a bathroom break every now and then. But sometimes, a series will sneak through that offers more than titillation, cheap thrills, and hyperventilating aesthetics. And so, American Nightmare, a swift, concise piece of work that even mixes in a dash of investigative reporting verve. In short, it’s worth the hype.

It’s one of those stories you might remember from when it actually unfolded. In March 2015 a young man named Aaron Quinn called the police to report that his girlfriend, Denise Huskins, had been abducted from his home near the Bay Area city of Vallejo. His story was admittedly strange: soft-spoken, almost polite kidnappers wearing wetsuits made him drink a sedative, warned him not to call the cops, and mentioned a paltry ransom sum of $15,000. Said cops, whom Quinn eventually called, made it clear they thought Quinn was lying.

Then things got weird...............

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the end, the Vallejo Police really, really screwed the pooch on this

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've watched it twice. Once by myself and once with the gf. Sooooo good!

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mr. Mustard. Officer of the year! You're kidding, right? I swear this guy is a sexual abuser lol. "Often times, many women will fake it years later for the excitement" (paraphrasing) My mouth was on the floor.

This was a great show.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson