All-Time Favorite Music Video Thread?

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Too much to catch up on here, so I'll just throw them out there...

"Hanger 18" - Megadeth
"Hot For Teacher" - Van Halen
"Manhattan Project" - Rush

...and then there's one that I only remember seeing once back in the early 90's (I'd say around 1991), at a party when everyone was smashed to the bejebus! The sound was turned down so I can't remember how to tune went, not that I would remember anyway considering my inebriated state!

Any whoo...

The entire video consisted of these two weird looking guys. They were dressed like the nihilists from "The Big Lebowski" with black turtle-necks and such. They were walking around in a museum, and every once in a while one of them would grab something fragile (like a vase) and throw it to the ground, breaking it. Then they'd look at each other, then at the camera leaning in to the shot (kind of like the kind of forced activity you'd see in a 3-D movie.)

That would count as a favorite too!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well right now it's no contest on my favorite current video.
Beautiful Liar with Beyonce and Shakira. I don't care what they're singing about or what the song is about just watching them do that hip shake thing at the end of the video puts it on my all time list.

And i actually like the video the way they cleverly make Beyonce and Shakira look similar.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How dare you post this diddly poo.. The clean version? :|

Dirty version or nothing!

Dirty version is the same video but with topless girls. You can Yahoo video search it, not exactly ASFN rated material.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who died and made you a moderator? You dont control me!

I'm going to edit all of your posts in the smack shack and EE top make you look like a Kobe loving Denverite.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to edit all of your posts in the smack shack and EE top make you look like a Kobe loving Denverite.

I just reported this post.. Now the administrators will know of your evil plan and a new day on ASFN will begin..

Remember this nite ASFN, its where it all began.. VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!!!

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rockit - Herbie Hancock

That video freaked me out as a kid. I watched it recently on YouTube, and it still freaks me out. I love the song and the video.

Sorry, I don't have a link. I don't have access to YouTube at the moment.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to bump this thread up to respond to this....

Oh....I thought that video was hysterical as well... I believe I was about 7 when that video first aired on MTV (I started getting into Journey's music when 1981's "Escape" album first came out), and I never saw them on TV until that...

Anyways, I immedately nicknamed them the "Armpit Brothers" because all they did in that video was constantly raise their arms (especially when they did that lame air-guitar or keyboard)..... Too bad MTV destroyed Journey though because Neil Schon was one highly underappreciated guitarist and John Cain was a solid keyboardist in his own right......

That whole band was awesome in terms of talent. Steve Smith is not just considered one of the best rock drummers, he's considered one of the best all-around drummers alive on the planet. Dude played some heavy fusion on the side. That's his main gig now, I guess. The videos were beyond corny, because they were trying to sell Journey as a hard rock/arena rock band, and you just can't do that when the chick-to-dude ratio at your concerts is greater than 3:1. Just not enough testosterone to sell that image.

All-time greatest music video was Weird Al's "Bob." An entire song of palindromes, just like Bob Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues," only more profound.

And funny, of course. "Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nej4xJe4Tdg

If you've ever heard a Bob Dylan song and didn't understand what the words were, just start singing this song. Weird Al is a genius.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's gotta be either Weird Al's "Fat", Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" (I think that was the title) directed by Mark Romanek or the Basement Jaxx's "Where's Your Head At?" directed by Traktor(you've got to watch this one - it's just awesome):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8md51JnCNFQ

also, two Aphex Twins videos - Donkey Rhubarb (of course I like that one):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tatccHVfuhA

and... let me find the other one...oh yeah, Chris Cunningham's Come To Daddy (just beyond disturbing):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Az_7U0-cK0&mode=related&search=

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around is starting to climb in the list.

Justin Timberlake is one lucky SOB getting Scarlett Johannson in his video. In fact, they may even be dating now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson