A vote for Quinnen Williams

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Totally_Red, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Totally_Red

Totally_Red Air Raid Warning!

Every time I see this kid make a media appearance I'm more impressed. He was on GMFB this a.m. and they asked why he is the best defender in this draft. He exudes supreme self-confidence without an ounce of arrogance. Seems to have a fantastic personality. I think he has everything to be the face of the franchise when Larry eventually retires. And he provides something that has been missing since at least the departure of Calais Campbell, if not Darnell Dockett - a disruptive presence in the interior of the d-line. What does Tom Brady fear most? Pressure up the middle. It would be nice to get that without blitzing all the time.

One thing I'm convinced of: Passing on him would carry the most negative repercussions for the Cardinals going forward versus passing on Nick Bosa or Kyler Murray. It is not pleasurable to think of facing his disruptive presence in the center of the Niner D-line for the next 10-15 years. It is bad enough having to deal with Aaron Donald in this division. It would be the Russell Wilson experience all over again. "Tell me again why we didn't draft Russell Wilson?

Of course taking Williams doesn't totally preclude getting Murray if Oakland passes on him. Of course that likely costs next year's #1 and more to move back into the first round.

2. BW52

BW52 Registered

I like Q.Williams after Nick Bosa.Bosa could be a OLB.DE Vance Joseph says Bosa can be that role for the Cards.Williams could be a DE-DT in certain packages.Both can fill different roles in different packages.Like I said I prefer Bosa .If its Q.Williams that's good too.

Ohcrap75 likes this.
  3. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

I'm on the Q William's train if the plan is to keep Rosen.

Part of it is fit; Q William's slides right in to the starting spot at DE and now you have a front of Jones-Philon-Peters-Williams-Suggs.

Nasty.

4. BW52

BW52 Registered

Not a bad DLINE /Passrush at all.

Krangthebrain and Delmar M Lewis like this.
  5. Delmar M Lewis

Delmar M Lewis Registered

Count me in on Q Williams or as I like to call him Dockett II which he very well could be a lot better than

Finito and Totally_Red like this.
  6. Delmar M Lewis

Delmar M Lewis Registered

For all the QB hype this year they cant do a damn thing watching from the sidelines as another Rb/Qb marches their team down the field for the score

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  7. iLLmatiC

iLLmatiC Drive-by Poster

Preach.

8. TJ

TJ Suge White

I’ve officially switched from Bosa to Q. This dude is immensely talented, but also mature for his age. Dude went to ihop for one of the team dinners!

jf-08, Lagerfilled and Ohcrap75 like this.
  9. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

At first I thought he was a little soft and out of shape. But now you can count me in. He could turn this defense into something special. With the addition of Philon, Suggs, Hicks, Reed, PP, Sweringer, Baker ,and
    Chandler we could be a top 5 defense once again. We could also spend the rest of the draft on offense.

jf-08, Lagerfilled and Totally_Red like this.
  10. BleedRed

BleedRed Registered

Option # 1 Trade back and stockpile picks.
    Option # 2 Take Q. Williams @ #1.

Cardiac, cardncubfan and Lagerfilled like this.
  11. NittanyCard

NittanyCard Rookie

Count me out.

Definitely not with the top pick

Vacard likes this.
  12. Totally_Red

Totally_Red Air Raid Warning!

Same here. I love Bosa, but his injury history scares me.

13. JosiahLee

JosiahLee Registered

What changed your mind? I think he has a very high ceiling as well, but if you look at his body (including biceps) there is no muscle definition. He wasn’t on the field for a lot of plays because of his conditioning. If he played out of shape last year it makes you wonder what kind of dominance he could have had if he was more hungry/disciplined as a football player.

Many people don’t talk about red flags with Q.W. but I think there are reasons for concern.

Regarding his interviews, I probably shouldn’t put much stock into this but I can’t help but portray him in a somewhat negative light because of how ignorant he sounds when he speaks.

He could turn out to be a stud, but I think the Murray/Russell Wilson comps are more accurate than the Q.W./Aaron Donald comps. JMO.

Cardinal and dscher like this.
  14. Finito

Finito Registered

For me it’s

1 Murray
    2 Williams
    3 Bosa

Bosa’s Injury history concerns me. But Q is the most destructive defensive lineman I’ve seen since Suh. Draft him and take 90 right off the back of Diche

Lagerfilled likes this.
  15. Ohcrap75

Ohcrap75 Registered

All we do is Quin Quin Quin... Not true, but can you imagine when it is?!!! He's been my top guy since November. I'm all QDub's!!!

Lagerfilled and Metcalf Rules like this.