A vote for Quinnen Williams

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Every time I see this kid make a media appearance I'm more impressed. He was on GMFB this a.m. and they asked why he is the best defender in this draft. He exudes supreme self-confidence without an ounce of arrogance. Seems to have a fantastic personality. I think he has everything to be the face of the franchise when Larry eventually retires. And he provides something that has been missing since at least the departure of Calais Campbell, if not Darnell Dockett - a disruptive presence in the interior of the d-line. What does Tom Brady fear most? Pressure up the middle. It would be nice to get that without blitzing all the time.

One thing I'm convinced of: Passing on him would carry the most negative repercussions for the Cardinals going forward versus passing on Nick Bosa or Kyler Murray. It is not pleasurable to think of facing his disruptive presence in the center of the Niner D-line for the next 10-15 years. It is bad enough having to deal with Aaron Donald in this division. It would be the Russell Wilson experience all over again. "Tell me again why we didn't draft Russell Wilson?

Of course taking Williams doesn't totally preclude getting Murray if Oakland passes on him. Of course that likely costs next year's #1 and more to move back into the first round.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Every time I see this kid make a media appearance I'm more impressed. He was on GMFB this a.m. and they asked why he is the best defender in this draft. He exudes supreme self-confidence without an ounce of arrogance. Seems to have a fantastic personality. I think he has everything to be the face of the franchise when Larry eventually retires. And he provides something that has been missing since at least the departure of Calais Campbell, if not Darnell Dockett - a disruptive presence in the interior of the d-line. What does Tom Brady fear most? Pressure up the middle. It would be nice to get that without blitzing all the time.

One thing I'm convinced of: Passing on him would carry the most negative repercussions for the Cardinals going forward versus passing on Nick Bosa or Kyler Murray. It is not pleasurable to think of facing his disruptive presence in the center of the Niner D-line for the next 10-15 years. It is bad enough having to deal with Aaron Donald in this division. It would be the Russell Wilson experience all over again. "Tell me again why we didn't draft Russell Wilson?

Of course taking Williams doesn't totally preclude getting Murray if Oakland passes on him. Of course that likely costs next year's #1 and more to move back into the first round.

I like Q.Williams after Nick Bosa.Bosa could be a OLB.DE Vance Joseph says Bosa can be that role for the Cards.Williams could be a DE-DT in certain packages.Both can fill different roles in different packages.Like I said I prefer Bosa .If its Q.Williams that's good too.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
For all the QB hype this year they cant do a damn thing watching from the sidelines as another Rb/Qb marches their team down the field for the score

Last edited:

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Preach.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I’ve officially switched from Bosa to Q. This dude is immensely talented, but also mature for his age. Dude went to ihop for one of the team dinners!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At first I thought he was a little soft and out of shape. But now you can count me in. He could turn this defense into something special. With the addition of Philon, Suggs, Hicks, Reed, PP, Sweringer, Baker ,and
Chandler we could be a top 5 defense once again. We could also spend the rest of the draft on offense.

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I’ve officially switched from Bosa to Q. This dude is immensely talented, but also mature for his age. Dude went to ihop for one of the team dinners!
Same here. I love Bosa, but his injury history scares me.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At first I thought he was a little soft and out of shape. But now you can count me in. He could turn this defense into something special. With the addition of Philon, Suggs, Hicks, Reed, PP, Sweringer, Baker ,and
Chandler we could be a top 5 defense once again. We could also spend the rest of the draft on offense.

What changed your mind? I think he has a very high ceiling as well, but if you look at his body (including biceps) there is no muscle definition. He wasn’t on the field for a lot of plays because of his conditioning. If he played out of shape last year it makes you wonder what kind of dominance he could have had if he was more hungry/disciplined as a football player.

Many people don’t talk about red flags with Q.W. but I think there are reasons for concern.

Regarding his interviews, I probably shouldn’t put much stock into this but I can’t help but portray him in a somewhat negative light because of how ignorant he sounds when he speaks.

He could turn out to be a stud, but I think the Murray/Russell Wilson comps are more accurate than the Q.W./Aaron Donald comps. JMO.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For me it’s

1 Murray
2 Williams
3 Bosa

Bosa’s Injury history concerns me. But Q is the most destructive defensive lineman I’ve seen since Suh. Draft him and take 90 right off the back of Diche

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
  • The people who don't control the football can be schemed out of a game.
  • The people who do control the football..... cannot be.

Aaron Donald = 2 Wins above replacement.
Replacement = The league average version of Aaron Donald

Patrick Mahomes = 8 Wins above replacement.

https://economics.missouri.edu/paper/wp-14-10
Using data from three seasons and all 32 NFL teams, we show that the most valuable positions in the NFL are quarterback, wide receiver, tight end/fullback and offensive tackle. Perhaps our most surprising finding is that positional WAR for all positions on the defensive side of the football is zero.

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Option # 1 Trade back and stockpile picks.
Option # 2 Take Q. Williams @ #1.
Trade back would be nice, but I don't think there is even a 10% chance of it happening this year. There are no can't miss quarterbacks. Bad year to have first overall pick in that regard.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Replacement = The league average quarterback version of Aaron Donald

Patrick Mahomes isn’t in this draft, nor is there a talent equivalent to him

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Replacement = The league average version of Aaron Donald

And you think Murray can be Patrick Mahomes?:thud::thud::thud:

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Yup. He will be the best player in this draft when its all said and done. There's no way Keim came away not in love with QW. I have been in the Q camp for awhile but im about to the point where i say screw a trade down, just take this dude and let him wreak havoc on QBs for the next 15 years

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Mahomes was the 10th overall pick. I loved him and wanted us to trade up badly. I was wrong on QB prospectsprosp times before though. Hindsight is always 20/20. If anything, Mahomes has opened the door for spread and Air Raid QBs and those who can extend plays. Brees and Wilson have kind of opened the door for shorter QBs.

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Patrick Mahomes isn’t in this draft, nor is there a talent equivalent to him

This. Fitting Kingbury's offense is nice. That doesn't give Kyler the ability to stay healthy. I worry his durability will be close to RG3 than Russell Wilson.
It's not like Kyler would be playi
Mahomes was the 10th overall pick. I loved him and wanted us to trade up badly. I was wrong on QB prospectsprosp times before though. Hindsight is always 20/20. If anything, Mahomes has opened the door for spread and Air Raid QBs and those who can extend plays. Brees and Wilson have kind of opened the door for shorter QBs.

The downside of Kyler is that he is both short and has a slight build. All the athletic ability in the world but can he absorb the pounding that Rosen did last season?

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
Trade back would be nice, but I don't think there is even a 10% chance of it happening this year. There are no can't miss quarterbacks. Bad year to have first overall pick in that regard.

Tell that to half the people on this board. I wouldn't put it past the Raiders to trade up for Bosa. Pretty obvious the 9ers will take him @ 2. I'll keep my hopes up that we trade back until we don't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA