A new dilemma…

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we’ve been in each of the 3 games this year. I know we’ve all believed this was a tank year. Obviously the coaching staff and players don’t. Can we compete or is this an aberration? Have we benefited by playing teams Gannon was familiar with?

So what now? Do we add pieces to potential holes or depth? Do we just hold the line?

I wish we could add a running back. I would like to add to the d-line because of the rotation plan Gannon employs.

What do you think?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I think we’ve already shown that we can compete… I’d say we damn near dominated a team that was talked about the last two weeks by many many experts as the best in NFL and most complete…. Yet we essentially spanked that arse with no question a team of inferior talent.

Coaching matters….

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve mentioned this before, this team was never tanking in that they would compete as best they could every single game. This is a full rebuild but the goal never was to get a high draft pick.

The plan has always been to get better each and every week. Find out which players fit this culture. Then continue to build this team next season through the draft and free agency.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Team is playing way Above expectation. Positive on the coaching staff and players.

But Let’s be realistic. This is one of the least talented rosters in the league. The Two 1st rosters Will still be in top 6. I do not care If it’s #1 and #4 Or #3 and #6. Still a Great position for the future and with coaching staff that have proven to be a success

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to do this, but we are who we are.

We lost to two of the worst teams in the league and caught lightning in a bottle against the Cowboys.

Keep the plan. Rebuild through the draft.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So we’ve been in each of the 3 games this year. I know we’ve all believed this was a tank year. Obviously the coaching staff and players don’t. Can we compete or is this an aberration? Have we benefited by playing teams Gannon was familiar with?

So what now? Do we add pieces to potential holes or depth? Do we just hold the line?

I wish we could add a running back. I would like to add to the d-line because of the rotation plan Gannon employs.

What do you think?
Excellent question

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What do you think?

Hold the line. Too far away for anything else, although we need a backup for Conner.

But also I'm not sure this staff things they are talent deficient. If they do they hide it very well. Maybe that belief makes the players believe it too?

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
All I have to say is this team plays hard. No surrender should be their motto. This team is different from any team we've seen over the last few years. Even the year before last when we being touted as being one of the best in the league. Can't put my finger on it, but I think it's just a new mindset. Physical football team. I love it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What do you think?

I said it during the draft and will say it again. The one pick I absolutely hated was our 3rd rounder Garrett Williams. He might turn out to be really good but he had a torn ACL in college so we picked him knowing he wasn't going to play much as a rookie if he does at all.

We picked him with the 72nd pick, the very next pick was WR Jaylin Hyatt who has done well for the Giants. The 77th pick was Byron Young by the Rams, who has played well. But the guy I complained about on the board at the time for us NOT picking was De'Von Achane who was the 84th pick. He's not going to get 200 yards rushing and 4 total TD's every week of course but the Cards needed a speed RB option IMO and Achane was there and we went for a guy coming off serious injury.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Time will tell on Garrett Williams, like all draft picks. If he proves out to be a starting cornerback within the next year or two, then it was a good pick; if not, well then not so good.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I said it during the draft and will say it again. The one pick I absolutely hated was our 3rd rounder Garrett Williams. He might turn out to be really good but he had a torn ACL in college so we picked him knowing he wasn't going to play much as a rookie if he does at all.

We picked him with the 72nd pick, the very next pick was WR Jaylin Hyatt who has done well for the Giants. The 77th pick was Byron Young by the Rams, who has played well. But the guy I complained about on the board at the time for us NOT picking was De'Von Achane who was the 84th pick. He's not going to get 200 yards rushing and 4 total TD's every week of course but the Cards needed a speed RB option IMO and Achane was there and we went for a guy coming off serious injury.
BJ Ojulari played just 19 snaps and did not show up on the stat sheet.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I appreciate your comments Russ, but the question is what do you think we should do moving forward.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your comments Russ, but the question is what do you think we should do moving forward.

Redo that pick (-:

I would assume we won't pick up a RB. I love Conner but we don't seem to have a 3rd down RB on the roster. Well we do,but it's Rondale Moore

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson