53rd player signed

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Nice move. Experienced vet depth is always nice to have on the offensive line. I don't believe Boone is any sort of answer on our offensive line, but he does help diminish the drop off between the starter and the replacement.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is such a good signing.

What I wonder now is whether Boone will take over at RG for Boehm (which, let's be real, Boone's one of the better guards in the NFL) and Boehm will be switched to center or become the game day swing C/G, if the coaches decide to stick with Shipley at C or go with Munyer.

Steve Keim said a very interesting number of things about Munyer today on Doug and Wolf --- he praised Munyer's quickness and his ability to get to the 2nd level and to take out blitzers --- the very skills that Shipley lacks. Maybe Munyer takes over at center with Iupati and Boone to each side? Or maybe Boehm? The potential to be a very good offensive line just got brighter.
I don't believe the Cardinals will make several moves along the line at this point of the season. My guess is Humphries, Shipley, Boehm and Veldheer are set for now. Iupati is the LG if healthy. Boone/Wetzel slides in at LG if not. My guess for week 1 is that Wetzel would start at LG but if an injury happened at OT, Wetzel would slide over bringing Boone in.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
if Iupati goes down -- and the last few years he seems to go down for a few games each year -- you want Wetzel, or, you want Boone?

ill take the vet

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let's see what he does before we all start celebrating. There was a reason he got cut and it wasn't due to amazing performance.

Reaction score
He more than likely won't start unless there's an injury. He's spent no time with these guys & an oline needs continuity to be the most effective.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's see what he does before we all start celebrating. There was a reason he got cut and it wasn't due to amazing performance.

Well...

The fans up there believe it was $$$ not play that got him cut. And after having a few issues adapting to a new zone blocking scheme, played quite well. The PPF stats bear that out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard