OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even from Guernsey's article:

Boone was one of the top-40 guards in the NFL last year (ranked 37th by Pro Football Focus, and 30th by Bleacher Report’s Top-1000 project), and performed far better by the end of last year than he did at the beginning, when he struggled. In pass protection, Pro Football Focus gave Boone a 97.7 score in Pass Blocking Efficiency, which tied for fifth-best among guards.

But you know, just make stuff up if you don't have any facts, it's easier I guess

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Well if you pay attention instead of trying to urinate on the parade, you would know it's about the money. They (MN) wanted him to take a pay cut and he politely declined.

Yup...and for this same reason if Phil Dawson suddenly struggles or gets hurt, Janikowski will probably be on the street and available.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Even from Guernsey's article:

Boone was one of the top-40 guards in the NFL last year (ranked 37th by Pro Football Focus, and 30th by Bleacher Report’s Top-1000 project), and performed far better by the end of last year than he did at the beginning, when he struggled. In pass protection, Pro Football Focus gave Boone a 97.7 score in Pass Blocking Efficiency, which tied for fifth-best among guards.

But you know, just make stuff up if you don't have any facts, it's easier I guess

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I always say don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can never have enough good Olinemen and it appears Boone is already our best backup. He still has to learn the playbook so I don't know if he will even be active for week 1.

Did we see how big his contract is?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Ohio State guy. Talent has never been the issue with Boone. Beer/liquor, and lots of it, was his issue when he was younger and the reason it killed his draft stock.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how he takes it if he ends up as just a backup. He's loud and his comments could be an issue if he gets unhappy. He has talent, but his knees have been an issue recently and it has impacted his run blocking. Perhaps he's better now. I think this is a good risk as I've commented on how thin I think the line is. I just hope he fits in as he could be a significant asset.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how he takes it if he ends up as just a backup. He's loud and his comments could be an issue if he gets unhappy. He has talent, but his knees have been an issue recently and it has impacted his run blocking. Perhaps he's better now. I think this is a good risk as I've commented on how thin I think the line is. I just hope he fits in as he could be a significant asset.

I would think we made it clear that we wont be plugging him in as a starter immediately when he doesnt even know the playbook. I figure this is a just in case, depth signing.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I would think we made it clear that we wont be plugging him in as a starter immediately when he doesnt even know the playbook. I figure this is a just in case, depth signing.

Boone won't dress for week 1. The coaches will let the whole thing work itself out. In the meantime it gives the coaches a chance to assess how Boone can help them.