2024 Texans pick watch thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Let's say for example that Paris Johnson becomes a good RT and the Cardinals add another solid to good contributor, that trade will have been a good one.

I guess we just have to disagree. And I think that the Texans are a trendyish pick to be better because of recency bias. Sure they added a good DC for head coach, but their offense is very unsettled ATM.
If it’s just a good RT and a solid to good contributor and Anderson becomes a terror it was a failed trade.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Huh???

The Cardinals got the player that they wanted in Paris Johnson and added the Texans 2024 1st and 3rd round picks. In what world is that not a good deal?
It is fine from an asset perspective. It fails if Anderson is a stud and Paris is just okay and the 2024 Texans pick is just a contributor. Trade can, and should, be viewed differently at different time intervals.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah One on One against a RB Is unstoppable
Jesus this what we are going to get now about Anderson. He makes a big play and this board will pick it apart because they don’t want to admit he was there, we had the need, and we didn’t draft him. Note, I was okay (not jumping for joy) with the trade. But Anderson was my guy for two years.

Tacticool Nerd

Veteran
Reaction score
Jesus this what we are going to get now about Anderson. He makes a big play and this board will pick it apart because they don’t want to admit he was there, we had the need, and we didn’t draft him. Note, I was okay (not jumping for joy) with the trade. But Anderson was my guy for two years.
The same can be said for people making a big deal out of every play that Anderson does.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is fine from an asset perspective. It fails if Anderson is a stud and Paris is just okay and the 2024 Texans pick is just a contributor. Trade can, and should, be viewed differently at different time intervals.
So what if Paris is a stud & Anderson is just Ok and the 2024 pick from the Texans is yet another stud??? Right now, I’ll take Paris and another high pick over Anderson. And that’s even if Anderson is very good.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
a running start against a 5 foot 8 185 pound RB...poo, he better get to the QB

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Dude, it's going to be all homerism, all the time. Elements of this board went wild over the cards winning a preseason game and are now picking apart a nice athletic play by a guy we didn't pick. Predictable, every year, like clockwork. I wouldn't expect anything different.

Reaction score
Nobody was there to block him. :shrug: I think Zaven could have made that same play lol. It's not like he threw an RT out of his way & bulldozed his way to the QB. Jumping through a rb that's half his size wasn't that impressive. It's a play you would expect any edge guy to make.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, it's going to be all homerism, all the time. Elements of this board went wild over the cards winning a preseason game and are now picking apart a nice athletic play by a guy we didn't pick. Predictable, every year, like clockwork. I wouldn't expect anything different.
There was literally nothing special about that play. And I wish we took him. Lol

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
As long as the pick is top 8, I'm fine with the trade. 9 to 15..... I'm pretty disappointed. 16+..... and I'm apoplectic. A top 8 pick is typically a 5 to 7 game winner so that brings me some calm since I think they will win between 3 and 6 games. For context, I think we may win 2 or 3 games, tops.

Also......

Isaiah Simmons has a similar highlight at Clemson to that Will Anderson one. Against an RB also...... The pass rusher better win 95 out of 100 IMO. Not super impressive IMO.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Nobody was there to block him. :shrug: I think Simmons could have made that same play lol. It's not like he threw an RT out of his way & bulldozed his way to the QB. Jumping through a rb that's half his size wasn't that impressive. It's a play you would expect any edge guy to make.
FTFY

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That wasn't impressive to you? What kind of a play would he have had to make that would have impressed you?
Actually be blocked and beat his block handily with power and speed …. The guy was left completely unblocked with a direct path to the QB and a player about half his size/athleticism to try and slow him down. It is a play he should make on routine alone in that situation. Sure it looks good in the stat book. But hardly a world beater play that even an average De/OLB in this league can’t make. Nobody is here saying the Cardinals are better without him and saying it doesn’t mean we wouldn’t want him. But using that specific play as a barometer for future greatness is laughable at best.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Paris is the starting RT for the Cardinals. There is no question about that. He has looked fantastic in 2 preseason games so far against the Broncos and Chiefs starters. Yes it is limited play for about 3 quarters in the pre-season but he looks better than just OK so far. He definitely doesn't look like a rookie out there.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There was literally nothing special about that play. And I wish we took him. Lol
It was an impressive play. He didn't just bull rush through the RB; he shoved him aside and then had to leap at the QB. People acting like it was a ho hum ten times a game kind of play are just being silly.