2024 Texans pick watch thread

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You all are assuming that the Cardinals still have their own first round pick next year and don't lose it over the burner phone scandal. Keim might not be done ******* this franchise.
The Cardinals are not losing a 1st rounder over a burner phone for a self imposed suspension of their GM.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I was thinking the Texans were gonna sneak out 6 or 7 wins but this is sort of thing sunk even Brady last year. Stroud doesn't do well under pressure and his receiving group in college was not only better than any DBs they faced, they were straight up better than the receivers on his current NFL team.

EDIT: One of the guys is expected to be back for the season opener.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Again, time will tell. But what happens if MHJ goes down with a horrific, career threatening injury? Very dumb to project out almost a year when you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Again, time will tell. But what happens if MHJ goes down with a horrific, career threatening injury? Very dumb to project out almost a year when you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow.
It’s his thoughts until it’s not. I guess he’s thinking best case scenario. Variables as you mentioned can kill any plan one might have. I doubt if the team’s plan includes slotted names.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have a feeling the Texans will pick higher than the cards. Stroud is going to get killed behind that line.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Don't look now, but we might have just became best friends.
Eh I think you have to believe in Stroud, a guy who played around a ton of future and current high NFL draft picks. I don't believe in Stroud. I think if he's coming out in 2024, he's the fourth best QB behind Williams, Maye, AND Pennix Jr.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Very dumb to predict a horrific injury too.

What if the OSU plane crashes and 7-8 potential first rounders die.

Trey guy is projecting what is likely. Marvin will be a Cardinal. Either thru Houston or their own pick.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Eh I think you have to believe in Stroud, a guy who played around a ton of future and current high NFL draft picks. I don't believe in Stroud. I think if he's coming out in 2024, he's the fourth best QB behind Williams, Maye, AND Pennix Jr.

To be fair, Nepo Baby and Texans OC Bobby Slowik helped Jimmy Garappolo pass for nearly 4000 yards and Brock Purdy go 5-0.

C.J. Stroud doesn't have to be Andrew Luck in his rookie season to make last year's trade look stupid. He might just have to be rookie Mark Sanchez.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
CJ Stroud is not going to be good as a NFL QB. Was never a big fan at OSU

He’ll be good if everything goes perfectly and he’s throwing to wide open receivers.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
To be fair, Nepo Baby and Texans OC Bobby Slowik helped Jimmy Garappolo pass for nearly 4000 yards and Brock Purdy go 5-0.
Yeah but they had Shanahan running that team. Whole Shanahan has had flaws of his own, I'm cautious giving anyone else credit for what happens in Santa Clara.
C.J. Stroud doesn't have to be Andrew Luck in his rookie season to make last year's trade look stupid. He might just have to be rookie Mark Sanchez.
Eh the trade was still great if the Cardinals end up with pick #18.

Sanchez's Jets teams >>>>> current Texans. Granted, the division does matter, but I'd still.guess the Texans rank fourth in their division.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson